Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tropical gardens.

I have been busy this year planting a tropical garden in a heavy frost prone zone.
    The garden itself is under glass but the area around the garden is still under construction,we only have half of the walls finished and have resorted to taping up heavy plastic on the unfinished walls.
    Wish me and my plants luck please,its my frangpinies and my treefern Im worried about the most.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oooooh, like an outside terrarium? Love it!

Dingo, is this the area next to what used to be the church (that your dad moved/rebuilt)? With the glass panels above?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures please Dingo. It sounds beautiful.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes its the garden near the shed,the plants have really taken off.
    I still cant get pictures to upload off my phone.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yes its the garden near the shed,the plants have really taken off.
    I still cant get pictures to upload off my phone.
    I so love the way you made that...now that you have an email acct., can you email yourself the pics, then save them to your computer and then post?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont have any internet set up on my phone,I think that is where the problem lies.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I dont have any internet set up on my phone,I think that is where the problem lies.
    Ahhhh, that could be. Can you send/attach pics with an email? If so, you can email them to me and I can post them.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I cant get any to come up from my phone.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I cant get any to come up from my phone.
    But I get what you're saying.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im thinking abou buying a ditigal computer for the wedding,that will solve the problem.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im thinking abou buying a ditigal computer for the wedding,that will solve the problem.
    Yes, yes it would!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the tropical garden sounds lovely dingo. you sure have a lot of creativity and imagination!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Laura,I hope its doing ok while Im away.I have a friend who is taking care of it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My tropical garden is thriving,the frogs who have made it their home prove it..Gah!!!!.
    I have created my own little paradise of hell.
    Been out weeding the outside gardens and playing dodge the sprinkler,when you dont keep your guard up it is like getting a hundred needles in the back lol.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My tropical garden is thriving,the frogs who have made it their home prove it..Gah!!!!.
    I have created my own little paradise of hell.
    Been out weeding the outside gardens and playing dodge the sprinkler,when you dont keep your guard up it is like getting a hundred needles in the back lol.
    Dingo, maybe it's time to name your favourite little froggies . You've created quite a paradise for them, I don't think they're going to leave until the season changes!

What kind of plants do you have growing there? Sounds beautiful (even with the froggos, lol)!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Dingo, maybe it's time to name your favourite little froggies . You've created quite a paradise for them, I don't think they're going to leave until the season changes!

What kind of plants do you have growing there? Sounds beautiful (even with the froggos, lol)!
    Ferns
    frangipanis,begonias some herbs too.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ferns
    frangipanis,begonias some herbs too.
    And Freddie the frog! .

Sounds beautiful.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    And Freddie the frog! .

Sounds beautiful.
    More
    than one Freddo at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love FROGS! They are like a symphony at night and when it rains! Keep us posted the head count.
    “My mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-Forrest

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SusiePMcD [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Love FROGS! They are like a symphony at night and when it rains! Keep us posted the head count.
    Too
    many,that is the headcount..lol

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    More
    than one Freddo at that.
    Lol, the more the merrier? (j/k!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by SusiePMcD [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hi, Susie!

I think poor Dingo is a frog magnet with her tropical garden, lol.

Too
    many,that is the headcount..lol
    Evict them! Lol, like that would work .

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, the more the merrier? (j/k!!! )

Hi, Susie!

I think poor Dingo is a frog magnet with her tropical garden, lol.

Evict them! Lol, like that would work .
    We
    do that,catch them and take them away but we still have lots in the garden....still battling with bluetongues too.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We
    do that,catch them and take them away but we still have lots in the garden....still battling with bluetongues too.
    I was just telling hubby about your frog problem and I mentioned the blue tongues you've had before, too (we also talked about cane toads but I'll just skip over that). That lead to a discussion of a friend of ours who had a pet blue tongue (aka skink), lol! The skink was very tame, he just liked to lounge around in the warmest areas - still a little shocking to walk into a room and be greeted by that tongue flicking around .

ETA: the skink's name was Gary .

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was just telling hubby about your frog problem and I mentioned the blue tongues you've had before, too (we also talked about cane toads but I'll just skip over that). That lead to a discussion of a friend of ours who had a pet blue tongue (aka skink), lol! The skink was very tame, he just liked to lounge around in the warmest areas - still a little shocking to walk into a room and be greeted by that tongue flicking around .

ETA: the skink's name was Gary .
    Mine
    are very laid back too....Lizzy and Bluey are their names...lol.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mine
    are very laid back too....Lizzy and Bluey are their names...lol.
    Lol, great names!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I got a bit cunning with my froggy friend last night,he usually shows up on the inside of the window right at dark,I opened the window,out he went and then I shut the window and he was on the outside looking in.....Im guessing he somehow managed to get back in during the night,Im waiting until dark to find out.
    My elephant ear plants have taken over my garden,while they are very nice they are choking my tree fern out,it is trying to grow up through them,I may have to cull a few ears for the sake of the tree fern.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I got a bit cunning with my froggy friend last night,he usually shows up on the inside of the window right at dark,I opened the window,out he went and then I shut the window and he was on the outside looking in.....Im guessing he somehow managed to get back in during the night,Im waiting until dark to find out.
    My elephant ear plants have taken over my garden,while they are very nice they are choking my tree fern out,it is trying to grow up through them,I may have to cull a few ears for the sake of the tree fern.
    Lol, you are so tricky! Let us know about Froggy-boy and if he made it back inside.

I would love to come and take some cuttings from your garden and help thin it out . I wish!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, you are so tricky! Let us know about Froggy-boy and if he made it back inside.

I would love to come and take some cuttings from your garden and help thin it out . I wish!
    I wish you could too,we have a Budda water feature in there that keeps disappearing,we keep lifting him higher so we can see him but the plants keep covering him.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wish you could too,we have a Budda water feature in there that keeps disappearing,we keep lifting him higher so we can see him but the plants keep covering him.
    Oh, I would love that Budda! You might have to rename it the tropical JUNGLE, lol .

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh, I would love that Budda! You might have to rename it the tropical JUNGLE, lol .
    He lights up too,I put in on a metal bucket on top of all the bricks he is sitting on but he is still getting covered up,I think we need to move him to somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast