Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Found Deceased: Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, IN

Desperate Search Continues for Missing Disabled Teen Aleah Beckerle

July 25, 2016

Authorities are still desperately asking for the public's help in the search for a missing teen they believe may be in "grave danger."

Aleah Beckerle, 19, was reported missing by her mother on Sunday, July 17, after she awoke and discovered Aleah was not in their Evansville, Indiana home. A stroke as an infant had left Aleah almost completely immobile and in need of constant care.

Her wheelchair and daily medication, meant to help control severe seizures, were left behind, according to police.

"Please, I'm begging whoever has my angel, this is day five without her precious smile waking up to me," Cara Beckerle, Aleah's mother, posted last Friday on Facebook. Monday now marks day eight without Aleah.

Because Aleah cannot walk or speak beyond a few words, police are extremely concerned for her wellbeing and are urging anyone with any information to come forward.

"There is someone out there who knows where Aleah is," Evansville Police Department Captain Andy Chandler told Dateline. "You can't just carry a disabled 19-year-old out of her home and have no one see anything."

A small army of volunteers has spent the past week fanning out through the city, splitting into teams to check creeks, fields and in urban areas. Thousands of fliers have been posted and passed out. Aleah's photo continues to lead local newscasts, is on the front page of newspapers, and is still being shared online by countless people, many of them strangers.

More than 5,500 people have joined the Facebook group 'Bring Aleah Home.' Postings with wishes of hope, search suggestions and the latest on the case fill the digital wall. Search teams with several national organizations have joined the efforts, including the Ohio chapter of Texas Equusearch. Despite massive efforts, few clues have reportedly been discovered.

"We're not just looking at one path right now," Capt. Chandler said. "We've conducted numerous interviews and are focused on finding her. We welcome any information anyone might have."

Aleah Beckerle is described as 4'10" tall, weighing 95 lbs. with short, brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with the words 'Dance Theater' written on it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by mykittysmama; 03-29-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who would take this young lady? They didn't take her wheelchair or medication. She didn't just get up and walk out of the house, someone came in there.

Prayers that Aleah is found safe.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bring Aleah Home FB page

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    EPD: Someone with Courage Needs to Come Forward with Information on Aleah Beckerle

July 25, 2016

For eight days, Aleah Beckerle has been missing with no sign of where she is and many unanswered questions.

Police say someone with courage needs to come forward with information on Beckerle.

Search efforts for Aleah Beckerle were suspended on Monday after a week of volunteer-led searches.

Beckerle is severely disabled and she was possibly abducted from her home last Sunday.

The Evansville Police Department is treating it as a criminal investigation.

The national search group, Texas EquuSearch, led a search group in Kentucky on Sunday.

Police say they've received an onslaught of tips, but a good chunk of those have been misleading or cryptic.

Capt. Andy Chandler says, “We don't have time to be checking out some of thse odd, cryptic messages that come through. All that does is prevent us from doing two things: one, locating Aleah and two, ensuring justice is served."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aleah Beckerle Search Update: Police Plead For Help 10 Days After Special Needs Teenager Disappears From Her Home

July 26, 2016

The search for Aleah Beckerle is growing desperate, with more than one week now passing since the disabled Indiana teenager disappeared from her home in the middle of the night.

Nineteen-year-old Beckerle was last seen by her mother on the evening of Sunday, July 17. She woke to find Aleah’s room empty with no sign of the girl, prompting an immediate search by police in Evansville.

Aleah suffered a stroke as an infant, one that left her in need of round-the-clock care, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] noted. The teenager is bound to a wheelchair and has daily medication meant to control seizures, making her disappearance that much more troubling for authorities.

But after 10 days now with no clues about Aleah’s whereabouts, police are making a public plea for anyone with information about the missing girl to come forward.

“There is someone out there who knows where Aleah is,” Evansville Police Department Captain Andy Chandler told [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. “You can’t just carry a disabled 19-year-old out of her home and have no one see anything.”

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ugh, I had no idea this young woman was missing until today, praying Aleah is found soon.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    snipped

Aleah's family was in shock when they could not find Aleah on Sunday.

"I--I just could not*register it, what they were saying to me that Aleah was gone, well, what does that mean," said LaRue. "Somebody came in and took Aleah."

"Someone came in to this house,*right here in Evansville Indiana, and took her out of her bed, in the middle of the night with my daughter sleeping right there on the couch which isn't even 15 feet away," LaRue said.*"We don't know how this happened. We don't know, they didn't hear a thing. And who could do this? That's why it's just so unbelievable. We just...this is a nightmare.*A living nightmare."

I want to know who else lives in Aleah's home, I am very suspious of her disappearance. She would of had to be carried out of the home and IMO there would of been some noise.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Day 12 and nothing new in the media. IIRC Eqqusearch will be back this weekend to search.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mother Of Special Needs Teen Has Message For Abductor: ‘How Dare You?’

“Why would you do this? Why would you take a child that depends on me,” Aleah Beckerle’s mother said.

07/29/2016 03:57 pm ET

Aleah Beckerle’s mother has a message for the individual or individuals responsible for abducting her disabled daughter: “How dare you take her out of her home. Why would you do this? Why would you take a child that depends on me? Why would you want to hurt me, my child and my family? I’m begging for you to return her,” Cara Beckerle told The Huffington Post.

Aleah, 19, of Evansville, Indiana, has been [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], when family members reported her missing from their home.

“Present in the home the night of her abduction was her mother and two teenage sisters,” Evansville police detective Brent Melton told HuffPost. “They’re reporting that during the night someone came into the home and abducted her and that’s where we’re at.”

Melton said there were no signs of forced entry to the home.

“Information was provided that the doors were unlocked,” the detective said.

According to Beckerle, whoever abducted her daughter had to carry her out of the residence. The teen is unable to walk and her wheelchair was left behind.

“I’m 5’2, 170 pounds and I can put my daughter over my shoulder,” Beckerle said. “She’s dead weight. She can kind of sit up a little bit, but only for so long.

Somebody can pick her up, put her over their shoulder and walk out. If she’s disturbed in the middle of the night, she’s not going to scream or anything.”

Beckerle said her daughter suffered from a meningitis-induced stroke when she was a baby. As a result, Aleah functions at the level of an infant.

“She depends on total care,” Beckerle said. “She knows her name and she interacts with you. She can say ‘mom,’ ‘up,’ meaning she wants to get up, and she can say ‘ba-ba,’ meaning she wants her drink. She also loves making song type noises and shouts when she’s excited and cries when she’s hurt. We know exactly what she wants from us. We know when she’s happy and when she’s irritated. She has the cutest personality in the whole world. She’s a little angel sent from God for me to take care of.”

So afraid for her, she's totally dependent on her mother for her care, praying for Aleah, she's been without her seizure medication for 12 days.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is there a father in the picture I wonder, could/would he of taken her? I just can't imagine who would take Aleah, it's just heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Is there a father in the picture I wonder, could/would he of taken her? I just can't imagine who would take Aleah, it's just heartbreaking.
    EXCLUSIVE: Father of missing Evansville girl devastated he can't help look for daughter

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 1:41 pm

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The father of a missing Evansville woman spoke to us exclusively about his daughter's disappearance.
    Aleah Beckerle, 19, was last seen around 9 p.m. Saturday, July 16. Police say she is in grave danger because she requires constant attention for medical needs, but searches are coming up empty.

Aleah's dad, Demarco Roach, has been in the Vanderburgh County Jail for a little over a month. Jail staff had to deliver the news to him that his daughter vanished from her East Iowa Street home.

He says it is devastating that he cannot help look for her because he is in jail.

Yes, there is a father, but he was in jail at the time of her disappearance.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Father of missing Evansville girl devastated he can't help look for daughter

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 1:41 pm

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The father of a missing Evansville woman spoke to us exclusively about his daughter's disappearance.
    Aleah Beckerle, 19, was last seen around 9 p.m. Saturday, July 16. Police say she is in grave danger because she requires constant attention for medical needs, but searches are coming up empty.

Aleah's dad, Demarco Roach, has been in the Vanderburgh County Jail for a little over a month. Jail staff had to deliver the news to him that his daughter vanished from her East Iowa Street home.

He says it is devastating that he cannot help look for her because he is in jail.

Yes, there is a father, but he was in jail at the time of her disappearance.
    Thank you, that rules the father out. Other relatives? I just can't imagine who would take her.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that rules the father out. Other relatives? I just can't imagine who would take her.
    Ok this is going to sound pretty far fetched, (this is how mind works lol) what if he met up with nefarious/evil person while in jail and discussed Aleah with them not realizing he was putting her in a danger...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok this is going to sound pretty far fetched, (this is how mind works lol) what if he met up with nefarious/evil person while in jail and discussed Aleah with them not realizing he was putting her in a danger...
    I was also thinking that Aleah has teenage sisters, what about bf's or friends of them? Your thoughts are good too. This one puzzles me. I wonder if the mother and father live together(when he's not in jail) or does mom have any men friends with evil thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I need a 12 step program for b eing jaded. I don't understand how the family is not involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see a sex offender taking her, that is the ultimate power and control for them.

My concern is the mom is overwhelmed, being a caretaker for all those years while your spouse is using prison as a retirement plan, can force a person to do craxy stuff. Imo

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverselah View Post
    I could see a sex offender taking her, that is the ultimate power and control for them.

My concern is the mom is overwhelmed, being a caretaker for all those years while your spouse is using prison as a retirement plan, can force a person to do craxy stuff. Imo
    I agree with you, just a horrible thought for this poor young woman who is helpless.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aleah Beckerle Now Missing for Two Weeks

08/01/2016

The national group Texas EquuSearch is meeting with Evansville Police on Monday to discuss further search efforts for Aleah Beckerle.

It's now been two weeks since the disabled 19-year-old vanished from her Evansville home.

So far, there are no leads.

An official with EquuSearch says the search areas all radiate from Aleah's home.

While the body of Larry Thomas, Jr. was found by a search party over the weekend, it is not connected to Aleah.

David Rader with Texas EquuSearch says, “It's sad when you do find something. It's very traumatic for the person that did it. But in a sense, it's an accomplishment that you've helped another family. They weren't anticipating this either, but now they have answers that Aleah's family so desperately wants."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    EPD: Investigation and Search into Disappearance of 19 Year Old Continues

Tammy Hancock-August 2nd, 2016

Authorities are continuing their investigation into the disappearance of 19 year old Aleah Beckerle of Evansville, who has been missing for two weeks.

Evansville Police say the last time Aleah was seen was sometime in the early morning hours of Sunday, July 17, 2016 at her residence on East Iowa Street.

According to police, she is a bi-racial, handicapped, 19 year old female who is totally dependent upon family care. She is in a wheelchair and cannot walk, and police say she does not speak other than a few mumbled words. As a result of Aleah’s physical and mental condition, police believe she was possibly abducted.

Shortly after Aleah was reported missing a task force was established to investigate her disappearance and to help with the search. Texas Equusearch was in Evansville over the weekend to help with the search; however, she was not found.

According to authorities, numerous tips have been provided to the task force and every tip has been investigated. Despite the efforts of law enforcement, search partners and the community, police say Aleah is still missing.

Still praying for a good outcome for Aleah, someone needs to come forward.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    EPD Serves Search Warrant at Aleah Beckerle's House

Published 08/04 2016 06:28PM-Updated 08/04 2016 07:10PM - Video included

Evansville Police served a search warrant in the 400 block of East Iowa St. at the house of Aleah Beckerle on Thursday.

It's unclear at this time what police took out of the house, but they were seen walking out of the house with large bags.

The search warrant was for electronic devices.

Aleah's mother, Cara Beckerle, has not been listed as a person of interest and has not been labeled a suspect.

Praying this search leads LE to Aleah

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Aleah able to use a computer? I think someone living in that house knows what happened to Aleah and I feel that's what LE thinks.

I hope they find something to locate her.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Aleah able to use a computer? I think someone living in that house knows what happened to Aleah and I feel that's what LE thinks.

I hope they find something to locate her.
    In a earlier article the mother says, "Aleah functions at the level of an infant." That's why I bolded electronic devices, so it sure wasn't her using computer.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In a earlier article the mother says, "Aleah functions at the level of an infant." That's why I bolded electronic devices, so it sure wasn't her using computer.
    Yes, the mother said she can't even feed herself. I really hope she is alive but without her medication I don't think she is, sadly. If anyone tried to take her to a doctor for medication I am sure LE would be notified.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, the mother said she can't even feed herself. I really hope she is alive but without her medication I don't think she is, sadly. If anyone tried to take her to a doctor for medication I am sure LE would be notified.
    I agree, makes me ill, just don't understand why would someone want to harm her.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arrest made in connection with Aleah Beckerle case

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 4:32 pm PDT - VIDEO INCLUDED
    Posted by Kenny Douglass, Digital Content Producer-By Jess Raatz, Reporter

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - An arrest has been made in connection with the disappearance of Aleah Beckerle.

Evansville Police arrested Debra Wollner for her role in the beating of a man who falsely told police he was involved in Aleah's disappearance.

The victim told police he was held against his will by at least two people at a home in the 1100 block of North 3rd for several hours on July 21.

During the confinement, the victim said Wollner hit him repeatedly with a metal pipe and that an unknown woman assaulted him with her hands and feet.

We're told the victim was told to "tell the truth" about Aleah's disappearance and agreed to lie to police in order to get the beating to stop.

The victim was taken to another home, where someone called 911 and said he was ready to confess his involvement in Aleah's disappearance. When police arrived at the home, the victim was taken into custody to be interviewed.

During the interview, the victim made statements implicating himself, but investigators quickly learned he was not giving the statement on his own free will. That's when they learned about the beating and saw his injuries.

Investigators do not believe the victim had any involvement in Aleah's disappearance and that his statements were being made out of fear of further violence against him.

On July 30, police were shown a video of the victim bleeding from the head. In the video, a female voice, later identified as Wollner, is heard demanding information about Aleah.

Later in the video, an unknown male voice is off camera talking to the victim about lying about who beat him.

I can't believe I missed this morning!
    Last edited by Aubrey; 08-05-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: ETA TO REMOVE PICTURE

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Press Conference on Aleah Beckerle Search, Recent Confinement Arrest

Published 08/04 2016 06:07PM - VIDEO INCLUDED

Sgt. Jason Cullum with the Evansville Police Department answered questions on Thursday from the press. The press conference concerned the search for Aleah Beckerle and a recent arrest of a woman accused of beating and confining a man who then lied to police about his role in the case.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Woman Charged with Beating, Confining Man Who Then Lied to Police About Aleah Beckerle Case

Updated 08/05 2016 12:54PM

Evansville Police have arrested a woman for allegedly beating a man who falsely told police he was involved in the disappearance of Aleah Beckerle.

Police say the victim, 41-year-old James Martin, was held against his will by at least two people for several hours on July 21. During his alleged confinement in 1100 block of N 3rd, 51-year-old Debra Wollner allegedly beat the man with a metal pipe. An unknown woman also assaulted Martin with her hands and feet, according to police.

Martin was told to 'tell the truth' about Aleah Beckerle's disappearance and he said he agreed to lie to police in order to get the beating to stop.

After agreeing to this, Martin was allegedly driven to a house in the 400 block of E Iowa St.

Someone in that home called 9-1-1 telling police Martin was ready to confess his involvement in Aleah's disappearance.

When police arrived, Wollner was heard by police saying, “Now, tell them what you told me.” Wollner is in a relationship with a family member of Aleah Beckerle, according to police.

Martin was then taken by police to be interviewed.

During the interview, Martin made statement implicating himself but investigators say they believed he was not doing this on his own free will.

When police learned of the beating and observed several injuries, investigators believed Martin didn't have any involvement with Aleah's disappearance.

OMG, this is so freaking bizarre, so these women thought he kidnapped Aleah and took it upon themselves to make him confess...Scary

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the updates Aubrey!

I wonder why the women thought that James Martin had something to do with Aleah's disappearance? There must be a reason for them to accuse him or else one/both of them know something and picked him to be the scapegoat? Very strange, imo.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the updates Aubrey!

I wonder why the women thought that James Martin had something to do with Aleah's disappearance? There must be a reason for them to accuse him or else one/both of them know something and picked him to be the scapegoat? Very strange, imo.
    Yep, that's what it looks like to me too. Maybe they were just going by their gut instincts, (I do that all the time! lol) but IMO, if they suspected him, they should have contacted LE instead of taking matters into their own hands.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aleah Beckerle's cousin speaks out after girlfriend's arrest

Friday, August 5th 2016, 5:25 pm PDT-By Paige Hagan, Reporter- Video included

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The girlfriend of Debra Wollner who was arrested in connection with the Aleah Beckerle case talked exclusively with us on Friday.
    "We are a tight family! And we love Aleah! And God, I really really really wish that this had never happened," said Donna Robertson, Aleah's cousin, and girlfriend of Wollner.

Debra Wollner made her first court appearance on Friday and Donna Robertson was there to hear Wollner's arraignment.

Police say a video leaked of 51-year-old Debra Wollner allegedly holding a man against his will. Police say Wollner beat the victim for hours with a metal pipe, then forced him to make a false confession in Aleah's disappearance. Police also noted that at least two other people were involved in this assault.

During Wollner's court hearing, the judge said Robertson and or Wollner possessed a deadly weapon that was used in this assault of the victim.

Robertson told us she was shocked to hear her alleged involvement in this assault.

"I wasn't there. I wasn't part of anything like that," said Robertson. "My part in this is to search for Aleah. This is just to search for Aleah. You know, that's my cousin and I'm searching for her-to bring her home. And this is totally...blew me out of the water. I'm totally shocked now even more because my name was mentioned!"

Debra Wollner was hysterical during her arraignment. While hearing her charges, Wollner repeatedly shook her head, breaking down in tears. Wollner told the judge, "I don't understand what those charges mean," and said, "I'm innocent."

And still no one has mentioned why Debra Wollner thought Mr. Martin (beating victim) was involved in Aleah's disappearance...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast