Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Terrence Roach's attorney says released info will taint potential jury pool

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 1:59 pm PDT

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - The attorney for the man charged in Aleah Beckerle's death told a judge Thursday that he's not happy that information on the case was released before he got it.

The information Terrence Roach's attorney is talking about are documents we received a few weeks ago.

Detectives list a black T-shirt Aleah was wearing when she disappeared, as well as a mattress, and duct tape.

Roach's attorney, Glen Grampp, told the judge it's disturbing that the info was released to the media and the public before he got his hands on it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Defense attorney: Evidence in Beckerle case doesn't add up

July 08, 2017

The attorney for the man accused in the disappearance and death of Aleah Beckerle is questioning what he believes is a lack of evidence in the case.

"This is the only case I think that I have ever handled where there just doesn't seem to be physical evidence to support the charges against Terrence Roach," lawyer Glenn Grampp told the Courier & Press.. "And in fact, there is no physical evidence to support the admission that he gave to the police officers."

Prosecutors declined to speak about the case which is set for a hearing Tuesday in Vanderburgh Superior Court.

"The Vanderburgh County Prosecutor's Office can't comment on a pending case," said Jess Powers, a spokeswoman for the office.

Roach, 24, faces charges of felony murder, burglary, criminal confinement, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse after police say he confessed to taking Beckerle while high on K2 (synthetic marijuana).

However, Grampp said he believes others were involved and there are still unanswered questions about the case.

"I really have an interest in seeing that there is justice for Aleah Beckerle, that the people who are involved in this get their fair share and own what they've done. I don't believe that's happened and it's very troubling to me," Grampp said. "That's one of the reasons I'm prepared to represent Terrence Roach, because I don't think he did what he said he did or what the police said he did."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345