Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Herb gardens.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    She looks good in there and I really had nowhere else to put her.
    She does!

Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You remember correctly,the shed was once a church.
    The garden is longer than the pictures show,my tree fern and frangipanis are further along the end of it.
    The paint was called charcoal,I love the colour,you can put anything with it.
    Yes! I remember now that the color name was not blue, but I love that color, too.

I could see the ends of some fern fronds hanging from above in the pics, do they survive outside well enough during your winters or do you have to bring them in or cover them at times?

I have a Boston fern outside on the patio that has gotten quite big, it always gives me a little angst when our fall season comes around and I know it won't last much longer. I will probably baby it and move it inside the porch and keep it going for as long as I can, lol.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twinner [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If a picture of your tree fern and frangipani happens to fall in the computer, I feel sure I would enjoy seeing it. love that the shed was an old church - lots of history there.
    I will take some pictures of that end of the garden,the fern is throwing some new throngs at the moment so I will wait until they come out.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    She does!

Yes! I remember now that the color name was not blue, but I love that color, too.

I could see the ends of some fern fronds hanging from above in the pics, do they survive outside well enough during your winters or do you have to bring them in or cover them at times?

I have a Boston fern outside on the patio that has gotten quite big, it always gives me a little angst when our fall season comes around and I know it won't last much longer. I will probably baby it and move it inside the porch and keep it going for as long as I can, lol.
    Everything survived out there this winter but they are under cover,they would die a quick death out in the open over winter.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am so jealous, I live in a big apt building with no where to garden. So miss having a place to grow flowers and veggies.

I love your pics Dingo!
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my didgerdoo.
    Does the lady in the tub have a silver painted thigh?

Where did you get her?
    Last edited by MissWasabi; 09-11-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Does the lady in the tub have a silver painted thigh?

Where did you get her?
    No,its just where the paint has worn off her,she does have some tattoos and blue eyeshadow though,she came from the tip.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I am so jealous, I live in a big apt building with no where to garden. So miss having a place to grow flowers and veggies.

I love your pics Dingo!
    Do you have a balcony?

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Everything survived out there this winter but they are under cover,they would die a quick death out in the open over winter.
    Like a greenhouse . Those glass panels really worked out well.

No,its just where the paint has worn off her,she does have some tattoos and blue eyeshadow though,she came from the tip.
    Lol.....

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I love your pics Dingo!
    How about container gardening? Peas can be grown up a stake or small trellis in a medium sized pot. If you don't have the room or exposure for that, some herbs in small pots in a windowsill? I bought (and have re-used) a small 3-pot herb set that came originally with seeds and soil, I think I got it at Ace Hardware for abut $6.

ETA: you could grow some catnip for Rissa! (lol, Rissa may not 'need' any catnip, though, lol )
    Last edited by maryjane; 09-11-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123