Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Update: Burke Ramsey Brother of JonBenét Ramsey Will Speak Publicly for First Time

Brother of JonBenét Ramsey Will Speak Publicly for First Time on Dr. Phil About 1996 Killing

By Char Adams-@CiCiAdams_ - 08/01/2016 AT 02:50 PM EDT

The older brother of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will speak publicly for the first time in an upcoming episode of Dr. Phil nearly two decades after his little sister [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the basement of the family's Colorado home.

Burke Ramsey was just 9 years old the day after Christmas in 1996 when JonBenét, a 6-year-old beauty queen, was killed. Burke, JonBenét and their parents, John and Patsy, were the only people in the home at the time. The killing, one of the highest profile in recent memory, remains unsolved.

The case launched the Ramsey family into the public eye but the trio was cleared of any involvement in the crime in 2008 – two years after the death of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to ovarian cancer.

Ramsey, who has never spoken to the media about the death, will speak out in a three-part Dr. Phil series beginning Sept. 12.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I seriously doubt Burke Ramsey speaking with Dr. Phil after all this time is going lead us to JonBenet killer...
    Last edited by Aubrey; 03-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah...Dr. Phil????????

He should have gone to a reliable news source not a person who is a fake.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would still like to watch it.

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I would still like to watch it.
    Me, too. I think it will be more of what we've already heard, but I am curious to see/hear Burke tell it himself. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Phil but it could be...interesting if nothing else.

Dingo, do you get Dr. Phil there? If not, I bet someone will put it up on youtube!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Me, too. I think it will be more of what we've already heard, but I am curious to see/hear Burke tell it himself. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Phil but it could be...interesting if nothing else.

Dingo, do you get Dr. Phil there? If not, I bet someone will put it up on youtube!
    We get Dr Phil at noon everyday,Im not sure if we get current shows or older ones though.
    Funny,we were that far behind the States with the soaps that our channels jumped to 2 years ahead with them,this was a few years back but we could still relate nothing much had changed in that two years anyway......the biggest shock was that Marlana had been taken over by the devil in the up to date shows....never really got the gist of that....lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will say h e didn't hear a thing, his parents are innocent and he misses his sister.

Imo, Dr phil won't ask anything relevant. Hope I'm wrong, I want to see that.

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    We get Dr Phil at noon everyday,Im not sure if we get current shows or older ones though.
    Funny,we were that far behind the States with the soaps that our channels jumped to 2 years ahead with them,this was a few years back but we could still relate nothing much had changed in that two years anyway......the biggest shock was that Marlana had been taken over by the devil in the up to date shows....never really got the gist of that....lol.
    Lol...some things never change (in soap land!).

Quote Originally Posted by Riverselah [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He will say h e didn't hear a thing, his parents are innocent and he misses his sister.

Imo, Dr phil won't ask anything relevant. Hope I'm wrong, I want to see that.
    Yep, pretty much!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

JonBenét Ramsey's Older Brother Tells Dr. Phil: 'I Know People Think I Did It

JonBenét Ramsey's Older Brother Tells Dr. Phil: 'I Know People Think I Did It; That My Parents Did It'
    08/30/2016 AT 02:00 PM EDT

Speaking publicly on the Dr. Phil show for the first time since his younger sister JonBenét Ramsey was found dead in the family's Colorado home nearly 20 years ago, Burke Ramsey said, "I know people think I did it; that my parents did it."

"I know that we were suspects," Burke, now 29, who was 9 years old at the time of his 6-year-old sister's murder, told Dr. Phil in an exclusive three-part interview, the first part of which airs Sept. 12.

Burke and his parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, all eventually were cleared by authorities of involvement in the unsolved mystery that began when the body of JonBenét, a child pageant queen, was discovered in the basement of the family's home the day after Christmas in 1996. She was strangled with a cord around her neck and duct tape over her mouth.

The parents also reported finding a ransom note demanding the curious total of $118,000 – the exact amount of a recent bonus received by John Ramsey.

Burke and his father are the family's sole surviving members. Patsy Ramsey, then 49, died of ovarian cancer in 2006, two years before then-Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy stated officially that nothing tied the parents to the crime.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey's brother smiled as he described the night of his younger sister's murder in his first interview with the media in the 20 years since it happened.
    Mr Ramsey was nine when his sister, a child beauty pageant winner, was found dead in her family's basement in 1996 about eight hours after first being reported missing.
    "The first thing I remember is my mom bursting into my room really frantic, saying, ‘Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!’ running around my room looking for JonBenét," Mr Ramsey recalled on Dr Phil as a grin broke across his face.

Last edited by Aubrey; 09-10-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: edited to add URL shortener

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I saw a short clip on a news show tonight...he definitely has an odd affectation, not sure if that's his normal manner, it could be from being nervous/uncomfortable with this big, highly publicized interview.

I don't think he had anything to do with his sister's death and (IMO) he probably didn't have a very 'normal' upbringing, either, especially after JBR's death.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now I have to definitely watch the rest of the interview, Burkes demeanor is certainly odd...
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    JonBenét's Ramsey's Brother Recalls the Last Time He Saw Her Alive, in Never-Before-Seen Police Interview

09/06/2016 AT 06:15 PM EDT

Newly released footage from a 1998 police interview with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the older brother of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], reveals the boy's actions the day his sister was discovered slain in the family's Boulder, Colorado, home.

The never-before-seen police interview, conducted two years after JonBenét's death, will air in a new A&E documentary about the 6-year-old's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

In the interview, young Burke, then 9 years old, was questioned by a detective about the child pageant queen's death.

The interview was arranged by the district attorney's office and covered the events leading up to – and after – the moment JonBenét's body was discovered in the family's basement, having been strangled with a cord around her neck and duct tape over her mouth.

"When is the last time you saw JonBenét alive?" the detective asked Burke. The little boy responded, "Probably in the car, tired and laying down," referencing a family outing on Christmas day – the morning before JonBeneét was found.

Touching on the holiday morning, the detective asked Burke, "What do you remember?"

Burke detailed his sister receiving a bike and explained that he and JonBenét took turns opening presents while posing for pictures.

Of the morning JonBenét went missing, Burke – squirming in his seat while sipping from a soda can – said in the interview that he remembered his mother, Patsy, rushing into his room and turning on the lights before looking around and rushing out.

"I just lay in bed with my eyes closed and like sort of thinking of what might have happened to them," Burke said of his actions, noting, "I just heard my mom going psycho."

The boy said he never left his bedroom while police and neighbors came in and out of the house, explaining that he was "so scared."

He said that he was "worried" for JonBenét, and he didn't realize until he went with his parents to a family friends' house that she was dead.

"I thought JonBenét was gonna be there, I thought they found her," he told the detective. "I came in excited ... almost relieved ... then my dad [John Ramsey] told me that JonBenét was in heaven."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Burke Ramsey Explains Why He Still Finds JonBenet Ramsey's Funeral "Traumatizing"

by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | Mon, Sep 12, 2016 1:35 PM

They say time heals everything, but Burke Ramsey is still trying to process parts of JonBenet Ramsey's death.

As the 20-year anniversary of JonBenet's passing approaches, her brother is speaking out and giving his first media interview on The Dr. Phil Show. When the talk-show host questions Burke about the day his family member was laid to rest, some heartbreaking details immediately emerge.

"Yah, I remember the viewing. I remember the casket was small and her eyes were closed," he shared with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. "I think one of her eyes was a little droopy or something. I thought that was weird."

When asked how it felt to see her in that condition, Burke admits it wasn't the best experience.

"That was weird," he shared. "That was traumatizing a little bit."

The now 29-year-old continued, "It was a lot of sadness. I don't think I fully grasped like after this, I won't see her again. I remember my parents being really upset. I can remember my dad leaning down and giving her a kiss."

The three-part season premiere airing today, Tuesday and September 19 promises to cover a wide range of topics including the fact that his parents are still seen as suspects in the public eye.

IMO, Burke was so traumatized by his sister's death that he's still emotionally a 9 year old.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I still find Burke to be a little weird.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Burke Ramsey Recalls the Moment He Found Out Sister JonBenet Ramsey Was Dead

September 13, 2016 @ 1:17 PM
    By Nicholas Hautman

A difficult day. Burke Ramsey recalled the moment he found out his sister JonBenét Ramsey was dead in a new clip from his interview with Dr. Phil McGraw.

"The first thing I remember is my mom bursting in my room really frantic, saying, like, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh,' running around my room, looking for JonBenét," Burke, who was 9 years old at the time of his younger sister's murder, said on The Dr. Phil Show Monday, September 12. "I remember her saying, 'Where's my baby? Where's my baby?' … The next thing I remember is a police officer coming to my room and shining a flashlight."

JonBenét was reported missing December 26, 1996, after her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, found a ransom note in their home. Her body was found in the basement of the family's house in Boulder, Colorado, later that day. Autopsy results revealed the 6-year-old beauty queen was struck on the head and strangled.

Burke, now 29, sat down for his first-ever media interview with Dr. Phil nearly two decades after JonBenét's death. The mysterious case, which has yet to be solved, recently returned to the spotlight, thanks to new documentaries and interviews, including CBS' two-part docuseries The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey (which airs Sunday, September 18, and Monday, September 19).
    In the interview, Burke explained that he was "trying to be positive" after detectives confirmed his sister's disappearance

"I told the guy, I was like, 'Uh, she's probably hiding somewhere. Did you check the whole house? … Maybe she's outside," he recounted. Later that day, John confirmed his daughter's death to his son.

"My dad just said, 'She's in heaven now,'" Burke explained. "I started crying. I don't think I said anything. I didn't believe it at first."
    JonBenét's parents were initially under suspicion after their daughter was found dead, but Boulder authorities later exonerated the family and issued an apology. Patsy died of cancer in 2006.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Burke Ramsey on 'Dr. Phil. He is 29 years old'

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Burke Ramsey Dismisses Theory That Mom Killed Sister JonBenét: 'It Doesn't Make Sense'

09/13/2016

Burke Ramsey shut down the more sinister rumors about his relationship with sister JonBenét Ramsey and mother Patsy Ramsey in the second installment of his revealing three-part interview on Dr. Phil.

Burke, speaking out for the first time since JonBenét's Christmas 1996 slaying, told Dr. Phil McGraw on Tuesday that accusations Patsy had a hand in the 6-year-old's strangling death are unfounded.

Patsy never flew into a rage or exhibited a violent temper, said Burke, now 29 and 9 years old at the time of JonBenét's killing.

"It doesn't make sense," Burke told McGraw of the theory accusing his mom. "Not to say she never got upset, but nothing near laying a finger on us, let alone killing her child."

Burke said his mom never even spanked them: "Nothing of the sort, not even close."

snipped

Suspicion, however, has long shrouded the Ramsey family, including from some in the law enforcement community. Burke acknowledged this on Dr. Phil but said, emphatically, that he never attacked his younger sister.

Burke said he is "absolutely not" the one who hit JonBenét with an unknown object the night of her death, and he admitted that he would "probably" have heard someone else do it.

He asserted, further, that he never hit JonBenét with any toys – like his train set – and that an earlier incident where he clipped her cheek with a golf club was "absolutely" an accident.

And he slammed the rumor that he ever sexually abused JonBenét, adding that he didn't have any knowledge or suspicion that she could have been abused while alive. Authorities said, however, that the little girl had been sexually assaulted that Christmas night.

Burke and John, who joined the sit-down on Dr. Phil, also addressed Patsy's much-reviewed 911 call.

The 911 operator who answered the frantic call said that she heard a "third distinct, different voice" on the line. The voice, some believe, was Burke, asking, "What did you find?"

John said in Tuesday's interview that Burke was in his bed asleep when Patsy made the call, and he dismissed theories otherwise as "pure fiction."

Added Burke, laughing, "Unless someone erased my memory or something [I don't remember]."

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I watched yesterday's Dr. Phil episode, have not watched part 2 yet. Burke seems so...detached and in some ways uncomfortable, even though he's smiling most of the time. I have to wonder if he has some kind of disorder like Asperger's Syndrome.

I still don't think he had anything to do with JBR's murder, and I feel sorry for him in that for all the privilege he may have had growing up (wealthy family, opportunities, etc.), he still got the short end of the stick in so far as the stigma still attached to the him/the family almost 20 years later and all that happened in between. It has to be tough.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey's brother sues investigator who said he killed his sister for $150 million
    2 hours ago

Burke Ramsey is suing Dr. Werner Spitz, one of the*investigators from CBS's recent*JonBenét Ramsey documentary special, for defamation.
    According to court papers obtained by Business Insider, Burke*is suing Spitz for stating that Burke killed his younger sister,*JonBenét,*during a radio interview with CBS Detroit — not for his participation in the televised CBS special.

In the*complaint — filed in the third circuit court for the County of Wayne, Michigan, on Thursday — Spitz is accused of being a "publicity seeker," who on the 20th anniversary of*JonBenét's murder has "once again interjected himself into a high-profile case to make unsupported, false, and sensational statements and accusations."

It details that during the radio interview, Spitz "claims Burke, age nine at the time of his sister's death, bludgeoned her to death. Defendant Spitz made this accusation without ever examining*JonBenét's body, without viewing the crime scene, and without consulting with the pathologist who performed the autopsy on*JonBenét."
    The complaint calls for a jury trial and requests no less than $150 million in*damages, a retraction, and no further defamatory accusations against Burke.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brother of JonBenet Ramsey Sues CBS for $750M Over Series

Dec 28 2016, 6:07 pm ET

DENVER — The older brother of JonBenet Ramsey is suing CBS and others for $750 million, saying his reputation was ruined after a television series that concluded he killed his 6-year-old sister two decades ago.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Burke Ramsey claims that the network, its production company and the experts interviewed in the six-part series on the unsolved murder conspired to defame him for publicity and profit. The six-part television docuseries "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey" aired in September ahead of the 20th anniversary of JonBenet's death.

SNIP

In October, Ramsey, 29, sued a forensic pathologist featured on the show who said he bludgeoned his sister to death. The pathologist is also named in the latest lawsuit, which was filed in Michigan, where Burke Ramsey lives.

The new lawsuit says CBS and its featured experts set out to conduct a "sham reinvestigation" of the murder with "the preconceived the story line" that Ramsey killed his sister and conspired with his parents to cover it up.

"The accusation that Burke Ramsey killed his sister was based on a compilation of lies, half-truths, manufactured information, and the intentional omission and avoidance of truthful information about the murder of JonBenét Ramsey," the lawsuit says.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this whole situation is sad. I am completely not clear on who could have committed the murder. Family,friends or intruder. I do not know if Burke will win much of his suit. It just keep going on and on with no result.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree Sara, not sure who killed JonBenet, we will probably never know. I watched CBS special, there was no evidence for Burke to be named a suspect, IMO, just a load of speculation.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    JonBenet Ramsey's brother sues Dr. Werner Spitz; case to be heard in Michigan court

Defamation lawsuit filed over what Spitz said in CBS documentary

Updated: 7:43 AM, March 22, 2017

DETROIT- JonBenet Ramsey's brother, Burke Ramsey, is suing Dr. Werner Spitz for what he said in a CBS documentary about who killed the 6-year-old girl back in 1996.

Burke Ramsey's defamation lawsuit against [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] pathologist seeks $150 million. The case goes before a judge in Wayne County on Wednesday. The judge will have to decide if this will go to trial.

"It's nonsensical. It's outrageous. It will not stand," said L. Linn Wood, attorney for Burke Ramsey.

During part of the documentary, Spitz accuses Burke Ramsey of JonBenet's murder, saying, "You cannot come to a different conclusion. It's the boy who did it. Whether he was jealous or mentally unfit or something ... I don't know the why."

Burke Ramsey's attorney said Spitz is unqualified to make such claims.

"He never examined the child. He's never spoken to the forensic pathologist. He's never been to the crime scene. He's never firsthand examined a single piece of actual evidence. And yet he goes out and says, 'Oh it was the flashlight in the hands of the son in the kitchen. It's like he's playing the game of Clue," said Wood.

Burke Ramsey was 9 years old at the time of JonBenet's murder. He's about 30 now. While police never identified a murder weapon, Spitz claimed the weight and shape of a flashlight found on the Ramsey family's kitchen counter was consistent with the skull injury which killed the young beauty queen.

The day after the documentary first aired, Burke Ramsey's attorney demanded a retraction. Spitz refused.

The lawsuit claims Spitz's theory has deeply harmed Burke Ramsey.

"I have no fear of Burke Ramsey clearing his name against the false accusations of Werner Spitz in a court of law," said Wood.

Burke Ramsey also field a lawsuit against CBS for $750 million. CBS said they stand by what was said and the broadcast. The media company will defend it in a court of law if necessary.

In court documents, Spitz's attorneys said he should be covered by the First Amendment regardless of what he said.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is Burke hurting for money?
    Do people point him out and say "that's JonBenet's brother and he killed her!"?

These words were said in 1996 when the case was so completely screwed up, no one knew a thing about the truth. Why didn't his parents file back then to clear Burke if it was so bad?

What "deeply harmed" Burke was his parents, their lies, lifestyle, and death of his sister. Not Werner Spitz's words saying that Burke was the murderer. Everyone in the family was accused, people tied to the family were accused.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still think he did it anyways. the trial will be 3 hours from my house near where I grew up. I would go to it but my car would not make it and my furbabies would freak out. LOL.

unless of course it was an accident by one of the parents. It is the coverup that is so confusing to me,
    Last edited by SaraSidle; 03-22-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add
    my posts are my opinion only