Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Big Dry.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I dont think anyone is offering help at this time,there is a FB thing going on about who is helping us right now,seems no one is,we just have to look after ourselves.
    Im about to delete a FB friend,an American one who has no idea what is going on in the world,she keeps whinging about the amount of rain she is getting,its upsetting her life, does she not know about the fires you have raging at the moment and the drought,she even put a picture up of how wet her jeans got just getting from her car to the supermarket..and she is an educator/school teacher.
    OMG, why haven't we helped? I'm sure we could aid in some way . Dingo, if I could I would send you all the water you and AU could ever need!

Hmm, that FB friend sounds very self absorbed, WTH???

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    OMG, why haven't we helped? I'm sure we could aid in some way . Dingo, if I could I would send you all the water you and AU could ever need!

Hmm, that FB friend sounds very self absorbed, WTH???
    I read that we are going to have to start importing grain/fodder,usually we are the ones who export all that,money isnt the issue,we have money or at least the government has money.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I read that we are going to have to start importing grain/fodder,usually we are the ones who export all that,money isnt the issue,we have money or at least the government has money.
    I have read how this 'horror drought' will negatively affect grocery prices and just about everything else . I wonder if we (USA) or other countries can't/won't export grain to you because of previously existing agreements to ship to other countries? If that's the case, shame on all of us. There should be allowances for emergency situations without any kind of sanctions.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I have read how this 'horror drought' will negatively affect grocery prices and just about everything else . I wonder if we (USA) or other countries can't/won't export grain to you because of previously existing agreements to ship to other countries? If that's the case, shame on all of us. There should be allowances for emergency situations without any kind of sanctions.
    That could be the reason,also customs might pose a problem too,just what is allowed into the Country,I know we dont allow Bananas to be imported.
    The Hay from Tasmania has arrived and Queensland is sending down watermelons,pumpkins and sugarcane.
    The coal mines are now starting to run out of water and its lot looking good for the cotton farmers either.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ....I think he has us in his sights.
    NSW coastline is on fire,total fire bans in place altho we are still in winter ,snake warnings are also in place,they are out and they are thirsty,no rain in sight.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prayers, Dingo . It's so frustrating not being able to DO anything that will help .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12