Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Dry.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Big Dry.

Things are bad here,really bad and its going to get a Hell of a lot worse before it gets better,its the worst drought in our history.
    Peta,the animal people are now bashing our farmers for shooting their stock,they really are clueless as to what is happening here,you cant transport weak stock and some have no water or feed for them,they have no choice,its not like they want to do it

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Things are bad here,really bad and its going to get a Hell of a lot worse before it gets better,its the worst drought in our history.
    Peta,the animal people are now bashing our farmers for shooting their stock,they really are clueless as to what is happening here,you cant transport weak stock and some have no water or feed for them,they have no choice,its not like they want to do it
    Oh My, Dingo. That is terrible. How does this affect you?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How bad is the drought and why has it been so dry?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What area are you, Dingo?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I live in one of the worst areas,although we are not farmers its sad to see the stock in the paddocks so weak,food prices will also go through the roof,farmers cant afford to pay for labour so the farm hands are doing it rough too.
    The hayrunners are doing a great job but they cant deliver to everyone,they are running out of donated hay,the other States are running short because they have been helping this State out.
    Its so barren here,big old gums trees are dying and just falling over in the paddocks,sad thing is that its too late for some even if we get rain,the crops should be in by now its a waste of time sewing them.
    One farmer was asking for donations to buy bullets as he has run out and has no money buy more.
    We always have the She will be right attitude but not at this time,its not going to be right this time.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That is just horrible, Dingo, and has to be heartbreaking to witness. I imagine that would put many of the farmers out of business much less all the other ways a lack of water/rain can negatively affect things.

Do you have your own water well?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    How bad is the drought and why has it been so dry?

What area are you, Dingo?
    Im in the lowest on record part.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Im in the lowest on record part.
    Oh My ! Do you have anything like we have where our government declares a state of emergency?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That is just horrible, Dingo, and has to be heartbreaking to witness. I imagine that would put many of the farmers out of business much less all the other ways a lack of water/rain can negatively affect things.

Do you have your own water well?
    We still have town water but we are on restictions and we have a rain water tank but that is just about empty.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Oh My ! Do you have anything like we have where our government declares a state of emergency?
    They are talking about bringing the Army in to help the farmers,not sure in which way though.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are talking about bringing the Army in to help the farmers,not sure in which way though.
    How is ths draught affecting you and your family, Dingo. Do we need to get you over here ??

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How is ths draught affecting you and your family, Dingo. Do we need to get you over here ??
    We can use the bail fund to get her here!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We will ride it out,it has to rain oneday.....hopefully it will be Ark building rain.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    We can use the bail fund to get her here!
    Yes ! And isn't it TJ that does the nekid rain dance on her roof? We need to get her up there for Dingo.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes ! And isn't it TJ that does the nekid rain dance on her roof? We need to get her up there for Dingo.
    Yes, that is a great idea!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think we would be even willing to start doing sacrifices to the rain gods at the moment,we can start with the politicans who are too tight with the purse strings when it comes to our farmers.
    I have a ritual every morning now,I get out of bed and go to the toilet,from that window I can see the Western star,I then go put the kettle on and from the kitchen window I can see the saucepan stars,I grab my coffee and head to the fire,from the loungeroom window I can see the Southern Cross,It would be great not to see those stars because it would mean cloud cover and hopefully a drop of rain.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think we would be even willing to start doing sacrifices to the rain gods at the moment,we can start with the politicans who are too tight with the purse strings when it comes to our farmers.
    I have a ritual every morning now,I get out of bed and go to the toilet,from that window I can see the Western star,I then go put the kettle on and from the kitchen window I can see the saucepan stars,I grab my coffee and head to the fire,from the loungeroom window I can see the Southern Cross,It would be great not to see those stars because it would mean cloud cover and hopefully a drop of rain.
    Rain clouds, that's what you need. Lots of them with a slow but steady rain!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rain clouds, that's what you need. Lots of them with a slow but steady rain!
    No stars this morning and I hear a strange sound on the roof.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Best news ever!!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Best news ever!!!
    And its still raining,nice and steady just how we need it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    100% of New South Wales and 2/3ds of Queensland are now drought declared,its scary.
    Other States have started donating onions,potatoes and oranges to feed the stock,anything to help keep them alive...in other news we donated millions to Indonesia the other day after their disaster.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This hay is on its way to where I live,dont know if the Spirit of Tasmania is giving them a free ride over but I hope so.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really hope the donated supplies help, Dingo. Still praying for more (and more) rain for you!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really hope the donated supplies help, Dingo. Still praying for more (and more) rain for you!
    No rain coming MJ,el Nino shows a dry summer for us,our back "lawn"...chaff paddock caught on fire this arvo,we are having a really cold snap with strong winds,must have been an ember out of our fire that started it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its open season on roos now,they are striving to stay alive too but they are also eating whats left in the paddocks,it is so depressing here right now,Australia knows what hard times are but nothing like this,there is no end in sight..and guess what..no other Country has offered to help.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry to be so depressing

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No rain coming MJ,el Nino shows a dry summer for us,our back "lawn"...chaff paddock caught on fire this arvo,we are having a really cold snap with strong winds,must have been an ember out of our fire that started it.
    OMG, how scary! You got the fire put out?

Its open season on roos now,they are striving to stay alive too but they are also eating whats left in the paddocks,it is so depressing here right now,Australia knows what hard times are but nothing like this,there is no end in sight..and guess what..no other Country has offered to help.
    Sorry to be so depressing
    That is very sad and depressing, no worries, it is what it is .

The Aussies are one of the first to help other countries, why is no one else offering help? (USA helped, didn't we?)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OMG, how scary! You got the fire put out?

That is very sad and depressing, no worries, it is what it is .

The Aussies are one of the first to help other countries, why is no one else offering help? (USA helped, didn't we?)
    I dont think anyone is offering help at this time,there is a FB thing going on about who is helping us right now,seems no one is,we just have to look after ourselves.
    Im about to delete a FB friend,an American one who has no idea what is going on in the world,she keeps whinging about the amount of rain she is getting,its upsetting her life, does she not know about the fires you have raging at the moment and the drought,she even put a picture up of how wet her jeans got just getting from her car to the supermarket..and she is an educator/school teacher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast