2 Thread(s)

Kathleen Folbigg.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Australia's 'most hated woman' Kathleen Folbigg speaks for first time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Australia's 'most hated woman' Kathleen Folbigg speaks for first time
    Wow....this is really interesting. I've never heard of her case and you are likely privy to a lot more specifics. What's your take?

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    She is so full of sh!t. Trying to explain those diary entries away didn't work before and it's not going to work now (I'd hope). Infants who are carefully smothered basically look like a SIDS death. She killed her children. IMO, of course!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow....this is really interesting. I've never heard of her case and you are likely privy to a lot more specifics. What's your take?
    I knew her,she seemed very aloof to me,my neighbour used to babysit Laura,the last one to die,I think she is guilty.
    Last edited by dingo; 08-13-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I knew her,she seemed very aloof to me,my neighbour used to babysit Laura,the second last one to die,I think she is guilty.
    The diary entries seem quite chilling.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    She is so full of sh!t. Trying to explain those diary entries away didn't work before and it's not going to work now (I'd hope). Infants who are carefully smothered basically look like a SIDS death. She killed her children. IMO, of course!
    The diary was her undoing,it showed her for what she was/is,
    Australian Story are doing an episode on her on Monday night,I must remember to watch.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The diary entries seem quite chilling.
    Her Father murdered her Mother,thats why the "I am my fathers daughter" entry is extra chilling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The diary was her undoing,it showed her for what she was/is,
    Australian Story are doing an episode on her on Monday night,I must remember to watch.

It sounds like she might get a shot at a retrial? Does Australia law permit retrials? How would something like this work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her Father murdered her Mother,thats why the "I am my fathers daughter" entry is extra chilling.
    I saw that in your first link. It makes wonder about heredity...if she did do it.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It sounds like she might get a shot at a retrial? Does Australia law permit retrials? How would something like this work?
    Yes,we do and it does look like it will go back to court.
    We had Lindy Chamberlain locked up for awhile but she got a new trial and was released.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I saw that in your first link. It makes wonder about heredity...if she did do it.
    I think they took that into consideration at the trial especially after her hubby handed the dairies over.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    She had a special coffee table made with drawers in it and thats where she placed the childrens ashes,I thought that was a bit weird,placing them in something that you just plonk your drink on top of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She had a special coffee table made with drawers in it and thats where she placed the childrens ashes,I thought that was a bit weird,placing them in something that you just plonk your drink on top of.
    If nothing else...she sounds a bit off.

Now let me ask this about a completely unrelated case. You posted back in the day about a little bub that went missing. Iirc, they even dug up the yard...it was a strange case that I've thought of from time to time,but couldn't remember the child's name. William?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If nothing else...she sounds a bit off.

Now let me ask this about a completely unrelated case. You posted back in the day about a little bub that went missing. Iirc, they even dug up the yard...it was a strange case that I've thought of from time to time,but couldn't remember the child's name. William?
    William Tyrell,He is still missing,we have a thread here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William Tyrell,He is still missing,we have a thread here.

That's it. I'll look for it....

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's it. I'll look for it....
    Its nice to see you here.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A woman found guilty of killing her four children has been granted an inquiry to reassess her guilt.
    In 2003, Kathleen Folbigg was found guilty over the children's deaths, which occurred separately over a 10-year period — 20-day-old Caleb, eight-month-old Patrick, 10-month-old Sarah and 18-month-old Laura.
    She was sentenced to 30 years' jail for the murder of three of the children and manslaughter of the fourth.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont know if that video will work for you all.

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont know if that video will work for you all.
    It works, I'm watching it now, thanks!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No worries.

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That video gives an excellent overview of the Folbigg case. IMO, the jury got it right, she's where she belongs. She sealed her own fate with her diary entries, no matter how she tries to explain them away.

I would love to hear her husband's testomony against her, ver batim.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Her husband turned on her,he knew her better than anybody and must have thought she was capable of doing it.

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Her husband turned on her,he knew her better than anybody and must have thought she was capable of doing it.
    Yep. He said she was very distressed and nervous around the babies, especially when they cried or fussed. He also found her diaries and turned them in to the prosecutors.

I think her diary entries where she berates herself for not being a good mother are regarding her losing control and killing them.

Babies cry, sometimes a lot. There are other 'escapes' if one feels overwhelmed. Murder is not the answer .

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yep. He also said she was very distressed and nervous around the babies, especially when they cried or fussed.

I think her diary entries where she berates herself for not being a good mother are regarding her losing control and killing them.

Babies cry, sometimes a lot. There are other 'escapes' if one feels overwhelmed. Murder is not the answer .
    I know she had babysitters for Laura,Kath was working at the time,the babysitters used to have Laura overnight sometimes,I remember thinking that how could you leave your child over night after what you said happened to the other ones,I also remember thinking that the babysitter had rocks in her head for letting Laura stay overnight but then Laura was supposed to be past the SIDS stage.

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know she had babysitters for Laura,Kath was working at the time,the babysitters used to have Laura overnight sometimes,I remember thinking that how could you leave your child over night after what you said happened to the other ones,I also remember thinking that the babysitter had rocks in her head for letting Laura stay overnight but then Laura was supposed to be past the SIDS stage.
    There was her one long time friend from school who said Kathy would not leave Laura with her because she (the friend) wasn't certified in CPR. IMO, Kathy was making herself look good by doing/saying that, 3 of her babies had already died, she had to have known people were suspicious of her, even if she wasn't charged until after Laura's death. Totally agree about the friend who did watch Laura.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There was her one long time friend from school who said Kathy would not leave Laura with her because she (the friend) wasn't certified in CPR. IMO, Kathy was making herself look good by doing/saying that, 3 of her babies had already died, she had to have known people were suspicious of her, even if she wasn't charged until after Laura's death. Totally agree about the friend who did watch Laura.
    I never knew her that well,only through the babysitter but apparently she was high maitence regarding her hubby,she liked his full on attention,I think she is a very fine example of the Munhousion(sp) syndrome,she got a lot of attention until things went downhill for her,I do believe that she is not a threat to society but she should be kept locked up out of respect for those children.

Admin
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I never knew her that well,only through the babysitter but apparently she was high maitence regarding her hubby,she liked his full on attention,I think she is a very fine example of the Munhousion(sp) syndrome,she got a lot of attention until things went downhill for her,I do believe that she is not a threat to society but she should be kept locked up out of respect for those children.
    Yep, that sounds like a good description of her just from what I have read/seen online and the media areports. I Also agree she's probably not a threat to society, but she did the crimes, she needs to do the time. Poor babies .

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yep, that sounds like a good description of her just from what I have read/seen online and the media areports. I Also agree she's probably not a threat to society, but she did the crimes, she needs to do the time. Poor babies .
    Lets just hope Katherine Knight doesnt get the taste for freedom,the way our parole board is they would probably let her out......God forbid.