Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Inquest Begins into Death of Baby at Hospital.

An inquest has begun into the death of a baby at Gladstone Hospital, who was dropped on her head by a nurse minutes after she was born.

The inquest was told Millah was immediately taken by one midwife and handed to Gabrielle Matamoros, another midwife, who noticed the child was having trouble breathing.
    She took Millah over to a Resuscitaire machine but noticed it was missing the adapter that linked the tubes to the breathing device.
    Ms Matamoros told the court she decided to take Millah into another birthing suite with a functioning machine

That’s when Ms Keldie said she heard what she described as a “thump and a slap".
    “I had the baby in my hands. I had slipped – fell to my knees – and the baby had come out of my hands,” Ms Matamoros told the court.
    When asked by Magistrate David O’Connell why the baby wasn’t transported in a bassinet, Ms Matamoros replied, “Gladstone didn’t keep them in the rooms”.
    Counsel Assisting John Aberdeen told the court Millah was stabilised “to some extent” but her condition deteriorated and she died at 4:55am.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for the nurse,she slipped,she will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I feel sorry for the nurse,she slipped,she will have to live with this for the rest of her life.
    I agree. It was a horrific accident, something that nurse will never forget and she will suffer for it without any inquest.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I agree. It was a horrific accident, something that nurse will never forget and she will suffer for it without any inquest.
    Yes,its very sad for all involved.

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OMG, so sad .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad.

The babies should be transported via vehicle...not arms. I'd think that's the hospitals fault. But I doubt the CEO will feel guilt...but I suspect the midwife will.