Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    interesting they both have dark circles under their eyes
    I thought you were talking about the children but maybe you meant the parents.

If the children there is a genetic condition that some have that produces those dark circles under the eyes. One of my daughters has that and uses makeup to conceal.

If the adults...I donno.

I am always amazed at how much Charlotte favors Queen Elizabeth. She is her little clone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 View Post
    I thought you were talking about the children but maybe you meant the parents.

If the children there is a genetic condition that some have that produces those dark circles under the eyes. One of my daughters has that and uses makeup to conceal.

If the adults...I donno.

I am always amazed at how much Charlotte favors Queen Elizabeth. She is her little clone.
    LOL I am so glad you agree with me about Charlotte looking like the Queen. when I say that I expect to be disagreed with. but I do see it in her facial expressions. I meant the adults justme222. Usually they look fresh young and happy This picture they look tired to me but maybe it was a long night before. just something I noticed.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The entire royal staff of Queen Elizabeth have reportedly been called to an emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace.
    And no one has any idea what's it's all about.
    Staff from as far as Balmoral, Scotland have been called back to London and Lord Chamberlain, the highest officer of the household and the Queen's right-hand man, Private Secretary Sir Christopher Geidt, will address the meeting this morning, writes [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] — fuelling speculation that a major royal announcement is imminent.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II yesterday opened the new Warner Stand at Lord's following its $43 million reconstruction project.
    Her Majesty, meanwhile, met with British Prime Minister Theresa May yesterday to officially dissolve the houses of parliament ahead of the general election set for June.
    While both the Queen and Philip have recently had bouts of illness, reports yesterday were that they were in good health and well enough to go about their business as usual.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder what's up? Hopefully nothing negative.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well George and Kate just moved back to London and in with the Queen. Said it was for school reasons

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lots of reports on FB saying that Prince Phillip has died but who knows,if it is true it wont be announced until after 8pm their time.....about an hour and a half away.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    Well George and Kate just moved back to London and in with the Queen. Said it was for school reasons
    That was my first thought, too, Sara, but I think that was planned in advance so not sure that would cause a stir? Hard to say, though!

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Lots of reports on FB saying that Prince Phillip has died but who knows,if it is true it wont be announced until after 8pm their time.....about an hour and a half away.
    I've heard this as well on various news sites (speculation, no 'proof'). I hope not but I suppose it's possible.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    That was my first thought, too, Sara, but I think that was planned in advance so not sure that would cause a stir? Hard to say, though!

I've heard this as well on various news sites (speculation, no 'proof'). I hope not but I suppose it's possible.
    It must be something big to call them all in at that hour.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Despite the speculation this morning, the flag remains at full mast - suggesting all is well at the palace and indicating the Queen is home.
    The flag is flown at half mast after royal deaths and during times of national mourning.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is yet to give an official announcement, but said there is "no cause for alarm".

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    melodychuksblogAfter an emergency meeting was held at*#Buckingham*Palace, it has been announced that*#PrincePhilip*is retiring from his official duties at 95. .

Prince Philip, 95-year-old husband of*#Britain’s#QueenElizabeth*II, is to step down from public life, Buckingham Palace has said. According to the statement:
    . “His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year. In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen.”*
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Sun mistakenly reports Prince Philip is dead

Rupert Murdoch-owned title posts headline: 'How did the Duke of Edinburgh die, etc etc'

Thursday 4 May 2017 11:11 BST

The Sun newspaper mistakenly published a story suggesting Prince Philip had died.

The title, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News UK, posted a story online with the headline: "Prince Philip dead at 95, how did the Duke of Edinburgh die, etc etc."

The story read: "Prince Philip, otherwise known as the Duke of Edinburgh, was the husband of Queen Elizabeth II."

"He was married to Queen Elizabeth II. The pair had four children together - Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward."

French media also mistakenly published stories wrongly suggesting the Duke of Edinburgh had died.

The article was deleted within minutes of publication, but continued to appear in searches on Google.

A ton of Google searches, including myself.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what a bunch of idiots.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prince Philip admitted to hospital with infection, says Buckingham Palace

Duke of Edinburgh replaced at state opening of parliament by Prince Charles after ‘precautionary’ hospital visit

Wednesday 21 June 2017 07.19 EDT

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital for treatment for an infection arising from a pre-existing condition.

Buckingham Palace said it was a precautionary measure, but did not stipulate what the condition was.

The 96-year-old was admitted to the King Edward VII hospital in central London after becoming unwell at Windsor, following his appearance at Royal Ascot. He arrived at the hospital by car in the evening, accompanied by his personal protection officer.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII hospital in London last night, as a precautionary measure, for treatment of an infection arising from a pre-existing condition.

"Prince Philip is in good spirits and is disappointed to be missing the state opening of parliament and Royal Ascot."

One aide said: "He is up and about and is in good spirits."

Saying prayers for Prince Philip, hope he makes a speedy recovery.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just saw pics of him yesterday at Royal Ascot. He was looking ok but with dark circles under his eyes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is concerning. I just had a friend pass away at the age of 60. He went to the hospital with pneumonia. It turned into an infection and he died. I was heart broken. If I had know he would die from it I would have gone to see him. It was 2 hours away and would have been difficult with my disabilities but I probably could have pulled it off somehow. Seeing as Prince Phillip is so much older this could be very very serious

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who will be king when the Queen dies – Prince Charles or Prince William?
    May 10, 2017

Who will be the next king?
    Prince Charles*is first-in-line to become king after the*Queen,*although many have speculated whether he might step aside to make way for*Prince William.
    At 68-years-old, the Prince of Wales is the longest serving heir in UK history and would become the oldest ever British monarch to take the throne on accession.
    In recent years, Charles has been the subject of much controversy, with his divorce from Diana, Princess of Wales, his affair with Mrs Parker-Bowles and his “black spider memos” to government ministers all sparking outrage.
    Sources have claimed that Charles plans to make “heartfelt interventions” on public affairs when he becomes king, leading to fears that he could bring down the monarchy and spark calls for a republic.
    Some royalists believe that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge would be better suited as king and queen and could help to cement the royals’ future.
    William enjoys better approval ratings than his father and is almost as popular as the Queen.*

Charles has never spoken about the possibility of stepping aside to make way for William, to do so would break with royal protocol.
    In recent years he has taken on many of the Queen’s responsibilities as the 90-year-old lightens her workload. He has spent most of his adult life in training to become king, and is enthusiastic about his royal duties.
    Regardless of his personal feelings, if Charles were to step aside for his son he could spark a constitutional crisis.
    Author Vernon Bogdanor explained: “You can't just decide to skip a generation, it's not going to happen."

A 2016 poll found that 79 per cent of Britons support William, while just 60 per cent are in favour of Charles. The Queen garners 81 per cent approval.
    The Ipsos Mori survey revealed that 76 per cent are in favour of keeping the monarchy, but it is thought that support for the royals is largely linked to the Queen’s personal popularity.
    Under the Act of Settlement of 1701, the eldest son of the monarch took the crown even if they have an older sister.

-------------------
    Would like to add that a few weeks ago I watched a special on Queen Elizabeth on her 90th year and it was a great show she is amazing at 90 and still going strong it was a great review of her life it was on~~ EWTN Multimedia(Smithsonian Channel) - Live if you get a chance to watch I highly recommend it!!
    Last edited by sunny47; 06-25-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    William and Charles 2017

Royal Family 2017

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ABC News‏Verified account @ABC 11m11 minutes ago

Kensington Palace releases new photo of Prince George in honor of his 4th birthday. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is so cute! Reminds me very much of his father at that age .

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Girl Who Became Princess: Watch Diana in Rare Footage on People/ABC Special: ‘She Wanted Someone to Just Love Her’

Princess Diana was a vivacious child — even if her childhood was not always an easy one.

“After my mother left, it was really the two of us growing up alone,” Diana’s brother Charles, 9th Earl Spencer, says in an exclusive sneak peek of The Story of Diana, an upcoming two-part television event from PEOPLE and ABC.

Exclusive home movie footage shows young Diana at play, goofing with her little brother and captivating the camera from an early age. The documentary traces her journey from her years growing up a child of divorce at the Spencer family’s ancestral home, Althorp, through her marriage to Prince Charles and her unparalleled rise as a global celebrity adored by billions of fans around the world.

“She wanted someone to just love her,” says Vivienne Parry, Diana’s friend from Birthright, a mother and baby charity.

The Story of Diana features new interviews with family, friends and colleagues from the charity world who share personal stories of their time with the People’s Princess. Diana appeared on the cover of PEOPLE a record-breaking 57 times. August 31 will mark the 20th anniversary of her death in a Paris car crash.

snipped

The Story of Diana: Part One airs on August 9 at 9 p.m. EDT and The Story of Diana: Part Two on August 10 at 9 p.m. EDT.

BBM

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Secret Princess: Diana's Brother Reveals the Private Side of His ‘Incredibly Brave’ Sister

July 26, 2017 at 7:00am EDT

That nickname couldn’t have been more wrong.
    “First of all, none of us ever called her ‘Di’ at home,” says her brother Charles, 9th Earl Spencer. “In fact, there are so many myths from our childhood that are just so ridiculous. That’s one of them.*I just think she was never shy, but she was canny about people and she was reserved to start with. And she would take a judgment of somebody before reacting to them. So, that’s not shy . . . that’s actually quite clever.”
    She was also an “incredibly brave” girl, as Spencer tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.
    On one childhood occasion, her brother recalls, the young siblings were staying with their mother in Scotland and set out to catch lobsters.

That nickname couldn’t have been more wrong.
    “First of all, none of us ever called her ‘Di’ at home,” says her brother Charles, 9th Earl Spencer. “In fact, there are so many myths from our childhood that are just so ridiculous. That’s one of them.*I just think she was never shy, but she was canny about people and she was reserved to start with. And she would take a judgment of somebody before reacting to them. So, that’s not shy . . . that’s actually quite clever.”
    She was also an “incredibly brave” girl, as Spencer tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.
    On one childhood occasion, her brother recalls, the young siblings were staying with their mother in Scotland and set out to catch lobsters.

We pulled up [a pot] and there was a really massive conger eel,” says Spencer. “It was black and it had teeth was very long and it was flapping around the boat. And Diana just got a pen knife out and just dealt with it. It was hand-to-hand and she just got stuck in. This thing was really a creature from the deep. And she just dealt with it.”

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Princess Kate and Prince William Expecting Baby No.*3!
    September 4, 2017 at 8:21am EDT

Princess Kate and Prince William are expecting their third child together, Kensington Palace confirmed today. The*royals are already parents to 4-year-old Prince George and 2-year-old Princess Charlotte.
    And the Royal Fab 4 are soon to be*five!

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child,” a statement from Kensington Palace, released Monday morning, said.
    “The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.”

During her first two pregnancies,*Kate, 35, battled*acute morning sickness, also known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum. She is also afflicted with the condition during this pregnancy, according to the statement.
    As a result, she canceled a planned appearance Monday morning.
    “As with her previous two pregnancies, The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Her Royal Highness will no longer carry out her planned engagement at the Hornsey Road Children’s Centre in London today,” the statement said.
    “The Duchess is being cared for at Kensington Palace

Kate is understood to be less than three months pregnant – the palace made the announcement early because of her illness. Last time, when she was pregnant with Princess Charlotte, Kate was also cared for at home at Apartment 1A of the palace.
    The birth will relegate Prince Harry – who is visiting Manchester today – down to sixth in line to the throne.

*** Diana was a great Mom she would have been so happy Wils is doing her proud!! Diana would have been a wonderful Grandma I understand that Kate doesn't get along with Camilla the next queen

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Princess Kate and Prince William’s New Royal Baby Could Set a Historic Precedent — Here’s*How
    Sept 4 2017

Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, are expecting their third child, Kensington Palace confirmed on Monday.
    The child will become the fifth in line to the British throne and, if the child is a boy, will be the first in the immediate royal family to be affected by changes to the line in succession.
    The Succession to the Crown Act in 2013 ended the system of male preference primogeniture— where princes take precedence over their older sister—which had been in place since the 1701 Act of Settlement. The new law stipulates that males born after Oct. 28, 2011 cannot take precedence over their older sisters in the line of succession. Previously, daughters could only inherit the crown if there were no living sons.

Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, are expecting their third child, Kensington Palace confirmed on Monday.
    The child will become the fifth in line to the British throne and, if the child is a boy, will be the first in the immediate royal family to be affected by changes to the line in succession.
    The Succession to the Crown Act in 2013 ended the system of male preference primogeniture— where princes take precedence over their older sister—which had been in place since the 1701 Act of Settlement. The new law stipulates that males born after Oct. 28, 2011 cannot take precedence over their older sisters in the line of succession. Previously, daughters could only inherit the crown if there were no living sons.

The law only came into effect in 2015 because all the countries in the Commonwealth— in which the Queen is the head of state— had to pass the necessary legislation.
    The rules also allowed members of the Royal Family to marry a Roman Catholic and still become king or queen. However, a Roman Catholic royal is still barred from becoming the monarch.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very happy for William and Kate! I thought she was pregnant as when they were on their latest trip someone asked her about having another child. They said Kate looked at William and said that would be nice...lol I think she was already pregnant then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news for the Royal Family. They are well loved by the people-and this is good news for all!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is great. Something positive for England after Brexit

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very happy for them !

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    William and Kate really turned things around for the Royal Family and how others think of them.

I was so happy to hear about this new little baby, brother or sister. I always kind of thought they would have a large family.

Wishing them the very best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123