Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Florence.

Anyone here in her path?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Anyone here in her path?
    All of my family are in Coastal SC, between Hilton Head and Savannah. They have been through this all their lives. They will continue to watch and be aware of the path. The will be prepared. But they have only evacuated once in over 50 years. Well guess it is longer than that as my Mother is 90 and she and Dad moved their when they were in their 20's. When we lived there we never evacuated, just hunkered down. Boarded up windows, saved water, made sure grills had plenty of gas,etc.

Hurricanes are very slow moving and are prone to change course or strength overnight. The experts are so sure they know where the hurricane is going to hit and yet I have never known of a one that hit land anywhere near location predicted a week or more before actual land fall.

I am west of Charlotte NC and we have only had one come inland this far in my lifetime. It was a doozy tho............HUGO. I will keep in touch with my family closer to land fall and if it hits anywhere near them, we always designate one person to contact everyone to assure all is fine.

Turn off the Weather Channel until Wednesday and act like a local

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1948 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    All of my family are in Coastal SC, between Hilton Head and Savannah. They have been through this all their lives. They will continue to watch and be aware of the path. The will be prepared. But they have only evacuated once in over 50 years. Well guess it is longer than that as my Mother is 90 and she and Dad moved their when they were in their 20's. When we lived there we never evacuated, just hunkered down. Boarded up windows, saved water, made sure grills had plenty of gas,etc.

Hurricanes are very slow moving and are prone to change course or strength overnight. The experts are so sure they know where the hurricane is going to hit and yet I have never known of a one that hit land anywhere near location predicted a week or more before actual land fall.

I am west of Charlotte NC and we have only had one come inland this far in my lifetime. It was a doozy tho............HUGO. I will keep in touch with my family closer to land fall and if it hits anywhere near them, we always designate one person to contact everyone to assure all is fine.

Turn off the Weather Channel until Wednesday and act like a local
    It looks very scary,sending prayers that it is not as dangerous as it looks.

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope anybody/everybody in Florence's path will be safe or have a safe place to seek refuge. Mother Nature sure has been relentless these past few years.