Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey Six-part docuseries will air September 18, 2016

'This is unlike any ransom note I've ever seen': Original investigators team up with new experts to re-examine evidence on the murder of JonBenet Ramsay in new CBS true crime series

Six-part docuseries The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey will air September 18

Original investigators will team up with new experts to re-examine the evidence using today's technology and forensics

Will also rebuild the crime scene, conduct interviews and offer new theories

First trailer shows experts focusing on the ransom note
    JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colorado, on December 26, 1996

No charges were ever filed

Published: 10:26 EST, 17 August 2016 | Updated: 18:18 EST, 17 August 2016

Twenty years after the murder of six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, three networks are dedicating programming to the unsolved case.
    First up, CBS will air a six-part docuseries, The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey, with the network releasing a first look at the show on Wednesday.

Original investigators will team up with new experts to re-examine the evidence using today's technology and forensics. They will also rebuild the crime scene, conduct interviews and offer new theories.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I can hardly wait for September to get here!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    20 Years Later

New Details Of JonBenét Ramsey’s Gruesome Murder EXPOSED In Docuseries

What authorities know now.
    Aug 15, 2016 @ 18:16PM

A new docuseries set to air September 12th is shedding new light on the grisly murder of 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey.

It has been nearly 20 years since the beauty queen was found dead in the basement of her wealthy parents’ Colorado home. The crime was a violent one, with the young child succumbing to blunt force trauma and strangulation.

Despite the authorities’ intense desire to find Ramsey’s killer, the crime remained unsolved, and the little girl’s family was left live under the dark shadow of suspicion that they had been behind the brutal slaying.
    However, new evidence has surfaced pointing police in a new direction, and the case is as active as ever.

Will detectives finally uncover the truth behind the murder that has enthralled a nation for decades? Find out September 12th when JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery, a three night series, airs at 10/9c on Investigation Discovery.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Watch the trailer for the docuseries

In 1996, the murder of a six-year-old pageant beauty, JonBenét Ramsey, on Christmas Day caused a media frenzy. This year will mark the 20th anniversary of her untimely death, and to this day, nobody has been able to figure out who did it. Now, the pieces of the unsolved murder are being brought back to light in The Case of JonBenét Ramsey.

Executive produced by Tom Forman and Eddie Schmidt, the six-hour docuseries will chronicle the crime through a re-examination of all of the evidence. According to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], thepeople involved in the original murder investigation will make an appearance in the series. Features include Jim Clemente (former New York City prosecutor, retired FBI supervisory special agent and profiler), James Fitzgerald (retired FBI supervisory special agent and forensic linguistic profiler), Dr. Henry Lee (forensic scientist), Dr. Werner Spitz (leading forensic pathologist), and James Kolar (former chief investigator for the District Attorney in Boulder, Colorado).

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who Killed JonBenét Ramsey? Murder To Possibly Be Solved On True Crime Show

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] On 08/17/16 AT 12:43 PM

It’s been nearly two decades since six-year-old beauty queen [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in her Boulder, Colorado, home on Christmas Day, but a new series promises to try to catch the murderer by examining new evidence and talking to new witnesses.

The three-minute trailer opens up with a statement from JonBenét’s father, John: “I want to address directly that I did not kill my daughter, JonBenét.” Her mother, Patsy, who died in 2006 from cancer, adds, “God knows who you are and He will find you.”

The trailer calls JonBenét’s death [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] — and it's true. Even after all this time, people are still captivated by the homicide. “This little girl's homicide to this date has not been resolved. In my opinion, I think we can change that right now," retired FBI special agent James Fitzgerald says in the clip.

“We hope to get the truth out about how she died. She’s not gotten justice yet,” Jim Clemente, an FBI agent who previously worked on the case, says. “My experience as a prosecutor in New York city helps me understand how you put together a case.”

Some of the top players, like Scotland Yard Behavioral Analysist Laura Richards, are introduced toward the end of the trailer. “The victim advocacy side is really crucial and we’re standing her in her shoes 20 years on trying to get to the bottom of this,” she promises.

The team vows to solve the case “once and for all.” Others who make up the team of experts are: forensic investigator Dr. Henry Lee, forensic linguist Jim Fitzgerald, statement analyst Stan Burke, former Boulder police officer James Kolar and forensic scientist Werner Spitz.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very interesting,I hope they can solve it after all these years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me this will be like Geraldo and Al Capone's vault.

All hype and no substance.

If there were to be any true answers it would be known to all already.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty leaf [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Seems to me this will be like Geraldo and Al Capone's vault.

All hype and no substance.

If there were to be any true answers it would be known to all already.
    I have a feeling that Burke Ramsey will wearing one of those shirts that say "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time," after this show airs. You know, one of those wish I hadn't moments...

I'm going to look for some articles, IIRC, the family was cleared a while back with DNA?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey's Ransom Note Was 'Clearly Staged,' Investigator Alleges in New Docu-Series
    09/07/2016 AT 06:05 PM EDT

When it comes to cold cases, few are as enduring as the killing of 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey on Dec 26, 1996. Now, almost 20 years after the child beauty pageant queen was found dead in the basement of her family's home in Boulder, Colorado, a team of investigators is reexamining – and in some cases reenacting – the case.

In an exclusive clip from the upcoming CBS docu-series The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey, the team, including a former FBI profiler and behavioral analyst with Scotland Yard, casts doubt on the ransom note written by an alleged kidnapper and found by JonBenét's mother, Patsy Ramsey, that fateful December morning.

Many theories – but few answers – have been found in the wake of JonBenét's death, despite years of investigation. The Ramsey family has never been charged and always maintained their innocence.

In the new clip, forensic scientist Henry Lee tells investigators that the pad used to write the ransom note came from Patsy's desk in the hallway, the pad was Patsy’s pad and the pen was found underneath the phone

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey 20 years later: New theories on DNA, family squabbles and sadistic strangers hit the airwaves

A wave of new TV news specials and interviews put the focus back on Ramsey while Boulder police remain focused on finding justice
    : September 10, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Patsy Ramsey holds up a reward sign for any information leading to the arrest of the murderer of their daughter JonBenét Ramsey in 1997. The couple met with a small selected group of the local Colorado media after four months of silence.

First-graders at High Peaks Elementary School in Boulder and competitors at child beauty pageants knew her. But on Christmas Day 1996, JonBenét Ramsey was not a household name.

That changed quickly, however, and by New Year’s Day 1997, the little girl’s first name and face were more recognizable in the U.S. and around the world than Miss America 1996 Shawntell Smith of Oklahoma or Miss Universe 1996 Alicia Machado of Venezuala.

JonBenét quickly became the only beauty queen people talked about after the 6-year-old was brutally murdered in her family’s basement on Dec. 26, 1996. Her beaming face had been plastered on newspapers, magazines and tabloids. National TV shows featured video of the girl during pageants.

“There is no question this case has caught worldwide attention and there continues to be speculation as to who committed this crime,” Boulder police Chief Greg Testa said in a Sept. 1 videotaped statement as the 20th anniversary of JonBenét’s murder approaches.

Boulder police have been widely criticized for their handling of the case. But Testa said the reason he wouldn’t do interviews about it was to maintain the investigation’s integrity. He pointed out that the department processed 1,500 pieces of evidence, took 200 DNA samples, interviewed more than 1,000 people in eight states and investigated more than 20,000 tips, letters and e-mails.

Despite Testa’s defense of his department, a new round of anniversary-driven reports and TV shows are dredging up old stories of Boulder police incompetence and in some cases shedding new light on police missteps. The reports point out that detectives alternately accused JonBenét’s 9-year-old brother and her mother, Patsy, for her death, while hiding the fact that a drop of blood from the likely killer was found on her pajamas.

Some of the new media revelations could be groundbreaking — if the facts are confirmed.

DNA testing

For example, A & E’s two-hour documentary that appeared on Monday disclosed that new DNA testing that can identify a person’s racial background reveals that the killer is most likely of Hispanic heritage. Such evidence excludes the Ramsey family and could help detectives hone their investigation to only Hispanic suspects.

But those DNA tests were conducted by Richard Eikelenboom, who was allegedly discredited last month during a Denver trial after a prosecutor got him to admit he was self-trained to conduct DNA profiles, “that he had no direct DNA extraction or analysis experience,” and operates a lab that has not been accredited.
    Besides doing DNA forensic work in JonBenét’s case, Eikelenboom has testified in high-profile cases for Timothy Masters, Casey Anthony and David Camm. All three have been acquitted of murder charges. But Eikelenboom said he is accredited in Holland and the U.S. by the American Society of Crime Lab Directors.

Two weeks ago, Eikelenboom entered the unidentified DNA profile into national DNA databases and determined that the donor of the blood found on JonBenét’s panties is 10,000 times more likely to be Hispanic than Caucasian or black. He said Boulder police should enter just the Y-chromosome DNA profile of the donor in the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System to possibly get a so-called familial match.

Boulder police have not indicated whether they are focusing on Hispanic suspects based on the results of DNA tests.

Family fight?

The A & E documentary also solidifies what has already been reported about the telling sequence of JonBenet’s injuries. Boulder detectives have long suggested JonBenét’s death was the tragic result of a domestic incident. One theory presented by Boulder police was that Patsy struck her daughter after the girl wet her parent’s bed late Christmas night and that the garroting of the child’s neck was part of an elaborate cover up.

The documentary quotes a Colorado Springs forensic scientist and a team of Great Britain as saying that half-moon marks on JonBenét’s neck found during the autopsy indicate she was still alive when the chord was placed around her neck, which would show it couldn’t have been part of a post-death cover-up.

Sexual sadist intruder

But many law enforcement experts, including some former Boulder police officers, now believe the killer was not a relative, but a sexual sadist who broke into the home.

In the “Dateline NBC” special, “Who Killed JonBenét?” debuting at 9 p.m. Mountain Sept. 9, correspondent Josh Mankiewicz interviews Bob Whitson, a retired Boulder detective sergeant who was in the Ramsey home the day JonBenét’s body was found.

“The behavior at the scene does not match up” with the Ramseys, Whitson tells Dateline. “It matches up with a sexually sadistic person and a psychopath.”

But despite the myriad theories and potential suspects, Boulder police remain committed to finding the killer.

“Publications and movies offer many theories about how this crime occurred and who is responsible. Facts have been surmised and often distorted, which has led to many conclusions,” Testa said. “We remain focused on this investigation and finding justice for JonBenét.”

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mom's Frantic Call After JonBenét Ramsey Disappeared 'Seemed Rehearsed': 911 Operator

09/18/2016 AT 10:30 PM EDT

The woman on the other end of the frantic 911 call [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] made in December 1996 – after finding a ransom note for her 6-year-old daughter, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but before the girl was found dead – spoke out for the first time Sunday in the premiere of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Kim Archuleta, the Boulder, Colorado, 911 operator who took Patsy's call, detailed the dramatic phone conversation to investigators Laura Richards, a former Scotland Yard behavioral analyst, and Jim Clemente, a retired FBI profiler. The pair are re-examining the mysterious JonBenét case, with a team of experts, ahead of its 20th anniversary.

(The Case of is one of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this year.)

"This is the first time that anyone's asked for my opinion in 20 years," Archuleta said Sunday. "I just remember having that sunken feeling, like something wasn't right. The problem was, if you hear the frantic [tone] in her voice when she's speaking to me, where she couldn't even answer my questions, it immediately stopped."

Patsy called police right after 5 a.m. on December 26, 1996, to say that she had just discovered a two-and-a-half page note asking for $118,000 for JonBenét's safe return.

Following the short conversation, Ramsey appeared to try to hang up the phone – but many have said voices can still be heard on the line.

"What bothered me immensely, [after hanging up,] it sounded like she said 'Okay, we've called the police, now what?' " Archuleta told investigators in The Case of. "And that disturbed me. So I remained on the phone, trying to hear what was being said."

"It sounded like there were two voices in the room, maybe three different ones," Archuleta said. "I had a bad feeling about this. To me, it seemed rehearsed ... that's never changed."

Later that day, JonBenét's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the family's basement with a garrote around her neck and duct tape over her mouth.

Archuleta said that an investigator came to her home shortly after the slaying and told her that she was under a gag order until charges were brought. She said she was not contacted to testify during the 1999 grand jury proceedings against Patsy and husband John Ramsey, after which then-District Attorney Alex Hunter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], citing a lack of evidence.

"There were things being said that somebody needed to know," Archuleta told Clemente and Richards. "It was never addressed. I think it would have really turned the case around."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I watched this last night,the family are guilty and money got them out of it...imo.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    JonBenet Ramsey's older brother killed her with a blow to head and the child beauty queen's parents then staged a cover-up to protect their son from police, a world-renowned team of experts agree.
    The theory that a monster predator had broken into the family home in Boulder, Colorado in 1996 and killed the six-year-old was cast aside in the conclusion of The Case of JonBenet Ramsey documentary on Channel Nine.

No, it was JonBenet's brother Burke in the kitchen with a torch, according to former FBI special agent Jim Clemente and the assembled panel of forensics and crime experts.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Burke Ramsey's Lawyer Says He'll Sue CBS Over 'Heinous' JonBenét Docuseries

09/21/2016

A lawyer for JonBenét Ramsey's family says he will sue CBS for a recent docuseries that pointed the finger for her killing at her older brother, Burke Ramsey, PEOPLE confirms.

"I'm absolutely going to sue CBS on behalf of Burke as a result of the false accusations and the fraud of the docuseries by CBS," attorney L. Lin Wood tells PEOPLE.

Wood, an Atlanta-based lawyer, told Reuters that "CBS' false and unprofessional attacks on this young man are disgusting and revolting."

But network officials aren't backing down, saying in a statement to PEOPLE, "CBS stands by the broadcast and will do so in court."

In the two-part The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey, which aired Sunday and Monday, a panel of investigators developed a theory of what they allege happened on the night the 6-year-old beauty pageant queen was found dead in the basement of her family's Boulder, Colorado, in December 1996.

On the show, a team including a criminal behavioral analyst, a forensic scientist, a former FBI profiler and a pathologist alleged that Burke accidentally killed his sister.

Wood told Reuters that the show was filled with "lies, misrepresentations, distortions and omissions."

Though the Ramsey family long faced suspicion, including from police, in JonBenét's death, they have never been charged and have always maintained their innocence.

snipped

In the broadcast, the docuseries team theorized that JonBeneét took a piece of Burke's pineapple on Christmas night, enraging him. Then the 9-year-old grabbed a flashlight and hit her on the head, the investigators alleged.

Wood called the broadcast an attempt to get ratings and noted that officials aired the program during September "sweeps" in an attempt to draw in viewers.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That might open a big can of worms.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The death of JonBenet: A case that's captivated the country for 20 years

12:36 PM ET, Tue December 13, 2016

Maybe it's the time of year she was killed.

Maybe it's the fact that her parents were considered suspects and later cleared.

Maybe it's because the murder of a 6-year-old beauty queen has never been solved.

Twenty years later, the public continues to be captivated by the JonBenet Ramsey case.
    A short life in the spotlight

1996 started as a magical holiday season for the Ramsey family. John Ramsey's company Access Graphics had grossed more than $1 billion in revenue, and it was big news in the Ramsey's community of Boulder, Colorado.

JonBenet had been in the local Christmas parade about a week earlier on a float with her name on the side, something John Ramsey now says was a mistake.

JonBenet, a former Little Miss Colorado, was accustomed to the spotlight, even at her young age. Her mother Patsy, a former Miss West Virginia and contestant in the Miss America pageant, encouraged JonBenet to participate in pageants and as John Ramsey told me, JonBenet had won most of the them.

"Patsy and I used to say, she needs to lose some of these pageants because she needs to understand you don't always win," Ramsey said in an interview for the CNN Special Report, "The Murder of JonBenet." "We wanted JonBenet to have that opportunity to experience her bent towards performing and singing. But we didn't want her to win, necessarily. Because we wanted her to understand life. You don't always win."

Christmas morning was always exciting for JonBenet and her 9-year-old brother Burke, and December 25, 1996, was no exception.

Santa Claus brought JonBenet a brand new bicycle. She and her father tried it out that afternoon before the family went to dinner at a close friend's home.

When the Ramseys returned that evening, JonBenet was already sleeping, her parents said, and John Ramsey carried her up to her bedroom. Patsy Ramsey helped put her to bed.

Little did the family know that would be the last time they would see her alive.

More AT Link..

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Colorado plans new DNA tests in JonBenet Ramsey murder case

Colorado investigators will conduct new tests of DNA evidence in the 20-year-old unsolved murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, the Boulder County district attorney said on Wednesday.

Additional testing, utilizing a new state crime lab and newly available forensic procedures, "might give us new information that could be helpful to the investigation," District Attorney Stan Garnett said in a statement.

But he added that authorities do not expect DNA test results alone to "definitively solve or prove the case."

The bludgeoned, strangled body of 6-year-old JonBenet was found by her father in the basement of the family's home in Boulder, Colorado, on Dec. 26, 1996, after her parents reported the child missing and a ransom note left in the house.

Videos that surfaced of the blond, blue-eyed youngster in full makeup performing in beauty pageants helped attract international attention to the case, which remains one of the most sensational unsolved murders in the annals of American crime.

No one has been charged in the slaying, but it was publicly revealed three years ago that a grand jury probing the murder in 1999 voted to indict the parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, on charges of child abuse resulting in death.

Then-District Attorney Alex Hunter declined to prosecute the case at the time, citing a lack of evidence, though he never mentioned the grand jury's vote.

In 2008, Hunter's successor, Mary Lacy, publicly exonerated the parents, saying DNA found on the girl's clothing did not match anyone in the family, and that there was no explanation for its presence other than it belonged to an unidentified male killer.

The case took another twist this fall when the Boulder Daily Camera newspaper, in conjunction with Denver television station KUSA, reported that the DNA report Lacy cited in clearing the family was less definitive than she had stated.
    The outside laboratory that conducted the original testing found that the unidentified DNA contained genetic markers from two people, rendering it inconclusive, the news outlets reported.

Items from the crime scene will now be submitted for newly developed testing procedures.

Bob Grant, a former Colorado district attorney who served as a consultant to Hunter during the grand jury proceedings, said until a DNA match is found, the case will likely remain at a standstill.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey Grand Jury Member to Speak Out in New Special Amid Interest in Retesting DNA

Dec 15, 2016

A member of the grand jury that voted to indict Patsy and John Ramsey in the 1996 murder of their daughter, JonBenét Ramsey, is now speaking out in an upcoming 20/20 special.

The juror claims to have seen secret evidence during the grand jury proceedings the juror believes points to the 6-year-old beauty queen’s murderer – allegations the juror will expound on during the sit-down with ABC News’ Amy Robach.

In 1999, the grand jury voted to indict the Boulder, Colorado, couple, alleging that between Christmas Day and Dec. 26, 1996, John and Patsy “unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child’s life or health.”

However, a Boulder prosecutor refused to go along with the grand jury’s recommendations, saying the evidence didn’t seem compelling enough to win over a jury. The documents weren’t unsealed and released until October of this year.

snipped

Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett will address the new DNA testing discussion in the 20/20 special. Linda Arndt, the first detective to arrive at the Ramseys’ house, Thumper Gosney, JonBenét’s friend and former Boulder Police Chief Tom Koby will also be interviewed.

20/20 airs Friday, December 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET on ABC.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to find out what evidence the juror is talking about.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JonBenét Ramsey Case: DA Says Former Prosecutor Erred with Letter Exonerating Parents and Brother

The current prosecutor in the JonBenét Ramsey murder case tells PEOPLE that as the 20th anniversary of her death approaches, he has not wavered from his belief that his predecessor was wrong to publicly clear from suspicion parents John and Patsy Ramsey as well as brother Burke.

“John, Burke, the Ramsey family are totally covered by the presumption of innocence and are entitled to that,” Boulder, Colorado, District Attorney Stan Garnett tells PEOPLE. “If we ever change our opinion about that with regard to the Ramseys or anyone else, we will file charges and say what we have to say about the case in open court.”

But “to issue an exoneration is, I think, misleading,” he says.

(As the anniversary approaches, People Magazine Investigates takes a fresh look at the infamous cold case in an episode entitled “JonBenét: The Untold Truth,” which airs Monday night at 10 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery.)

As he has stated previously, Garnett says then Boulder DA Mary Lacy jumped the gun on July 9, 2008, when, on the basis of DNA analysis from the crime scene, she issued a letter to John Ramsey stating “we do not consider your immediate family including you, your wife, Patsy, and your son Burke to be under any suspicion in the commission of this crime.”

The 6-year-old JonBenét’s body was found December 26, 1996, in the basement of the Ramsey family’s Boulder home, beaten and strangled with a garrote tied around her neck and duct tape covering her mouth. An investigation that has considered more than 140 suspects including family members has failed to bring criminal charges.

Garnett says he has “a lot of respect” for Lacy, the prior DA. But he adds, “I didn’t feel the exoneration was warranted based on the state of the evidence and the complexity of the case. And I also thought it was a very unusual thing to do in a case where there had never been any charges filed.”

“When any district attorney goes around and starts issuing exonerations based on a particular piece of evidence, that can be very misleading to the public about the nature of the case,” he says.

Recalling the infamously “compromised” crime scene that has created a challenge for all subsequent investigators, Garnett says, “The state of the evidence is not one where you could really say anything definitively.”