Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ashlynne Mike, 11 Year Old Female, San Juan County, NM

Amber Alert Issued for Ashlynne Mike, 11 Year Old Female, San Juan County, NM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Prayers she is found safe and soon!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amber Alert issued for 11-year-old abducted by unknown man

Updated: May 3, 2016, 6:46 am

SAN JUAN COUNTY, N.M. (KRQE) – The FBI is asking for the public’s help in locating an 11-year-old girl that was abducted Monday.

Authorities say Ashlynn Mike was last seen Monday around 4 p.m. She is described as a Native American female, approximately 4-foot-8-inches tall, weighing 80 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a pink pullover and purple shoes.

Officials say Ashlynn was abducted by an unknown man, and they were last seen in northwestern New Mexico on Navajo Route 36 at mile post 13.

Ashlynn and her abductor are believed to be in a maroon van. Vehicle make and license plate information are not known at this time.

KRQE News 13 has been in contact with some of the family members via Facebook who say that Ashlynn and her brother were abducted by the man, but he dropped off the boy and kept the girl. They say the boy was taken to Shiprock Police. However, that information has not been confirmed by authorities.

The family also says there was an organized search around Shiprock Pinnacle Peak that will resume Tuesday at 8 a.m.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NewMexico Amber Alert: Ashlynne Mike, 11, taken in San Juan County

PUBLISHED Tue, May 03, 2016 - 8:49am EDT

A New Mexico Amber Alert has been issued after 11-year-old girl Ashlynne Mike was taken in San Juan County by an unidentified man, officials say. Anyone with information is urged to call 911 immediately. (more)

The amber alert was issued by the FBI in Albuquerque on early Tuesday morning, though no specific details were immediately made available. It said Ashlynne was last seen with a man only described as Native American.

The suspect and the child may be traveling in a maroon van, though it is unknown where they may be heading. The amber alert was also briefly extended to Arizona but canceled within minutes for unknown reasons. The alert remains in effect for New Mexico.

Ashlynne is described as an 11-year-old Native American female with black hair and brown eyes. She is 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs approximately 80 pounds. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a pink pullover, and purple shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this doesn't sound good. i hope they are getting information from Ashlynne's brother. i wonder if they knew the man who abducted them? why else would they both get in the van? then again we don't know the age of the brother, maybe he was much younger than Ashlynne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    her sister posted this on facebook
    SikkestNativez
    Ashlynne Mike (9 years old, petite, around 4 feet 11inches tall, long straight brown hair) she went MISSING TODAY after she got off the bus in LOWER FRUITLAND, NM around 2:00.
    She got taken by a MAN IN HIS LATE 30s wearing a BASEBALL CAP driving a RED VAN with a NEW MEXICO license plate. My little brother Ian escaped and was found near RED VALLEY, Arizona. (3 hrs from where they were taken)
    The man is wearing a baseball cap DRIVING A RED VAN.
    My little sister was wearing a PINK JACKET and LIGHT BLUE DENIM PANTS.
    ((A red van was last spotted around SHIPROCK, NM area about 20 minutes ago))
    I ask that family and friends Please share this and help look for my little sister!! Help find and bring her back home!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another post from a general name search on facebook

Notes from the family:

This is my little sister Ashlynne Mike. She went missing (from Lower Fruitland) at around 2:30pm May 2nd right after school along with my little brother Ian Mike. Ian fortunately was found in Red Valley AZ which is 3hrs away from the initial kidnapping. This is the information the FBI have released in the Amber alert aired May 3rd near 3am. This is 12hrs after she went missing. She has dark spots on her left cheek. She is about 4'8" with long black hair and dark brown eyes. She was last seen near Pinnacle peak in Shiprock NM. There is going to be another search at 8am but my older brother is still on the lookout as well as our other family members. Share this as much as you can. Please, I beg to have her back home where she belongs. She is a very sweet girl and does not deserve this stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and finally, i believe this post is from the child's mother ---

Asdza Bidziil
    13 hrs · Yucaipa, CA ·

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME... MY 2 LITTLE KIDS WERE KIDNAPPED AFTER SCHOOL TODAY IN UPPER FRUITLAND AREA ALONG THE DIRT ROADS OFF N36.. THE ROADS LEAD TOWARDS THE SAN JUAN RIVER ... MY KIDS ARE IAN AND ASHLYNNE MIKE AGES 9 AND 11 .. THEY GOT INTO A RED VAN ... PLEASE HELP ME AND (GARY MIKE, THEIR FATHER) BY LOOKING OUT FOR A RED VAN .. I AM SO SCARED CALL THE POLICE IF YOU SEE A VEHICLE LIKE THIS. THE PERSON DRIVING THE VAN TOLD MY KIDS HE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THEM TO SEE A MOVIE CALLED UTPOIA IN FARMINGTON NEW MEXICO... I'M LIVING IN CALIFORNIA AND MY KIDS ARE LIVING WITH THEIR FATHER IN KIRTLAND... PLEASE EVERYONE HELP ME!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Report: Navajo girl found dead after Amber Alert

The Farmington, N.M. Daily Times Staff 12:49 p.m. MST May 3, 2016

FARMINGTON — The body of an 11-year-old girl who was reportedly abducted Monday afternoon has been found.

FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said Ashlynne Mike's body was found six to eight miles south of the Shiprock pinnacle. The body was found off a dirt road south of Navajo Route 13 between 11:30 a.m. and noon, according to Bob Rodgers with the New Mexico State Police search and rescue team.

"We are still looking for the suspect," Fisher said shortly before noon. "Now it's a murder case."

An Amber Alert was issued for the girl at 2:27 a.m. today after she and her brother were allegedly abducted in Lower Fruitland.

Ashlynne Mike and her brother Ian Mike, 9, were taken Monday afternoon after getting off the bus in Lower Fruitland as they returned home from school, according to a Facebook post from her family.

Ian was later found near Red Valley Ariz., according to the Facebook post. A man in his late 30s who was wearing a baseball cap and driving a maroon van with tinted windows and a New Mexico license plate allegedly took the two children.

According to the Facebook post, Ian last saw Ashlynne at the Shiprock pinnacle.

The van was last seen at 4 p.m. Monday around mile marker 13 on Navajo Route 36 near San Juan Chapter, according to a press release from the state police. The make of the vehicle is not known.

After the girl’s body was found, San Juan Chapter President Rick Nez criticized tribal police’s response to the abduction.

A vigil for the girl has been scheduled for 6 p.m. today at the chapter house, according to chapter officials. They had scheduled a meeting at noon at the San Juan Chapter house to discuss the girl's disappearance but canceled it after news broke that the girl's body had been found.

So sorry to post this terrible news, hopefully they'll catch the POS!
    Last edited by Aubrey; 05-03-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHAT?! oh no!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm sure they have already done this but that little brother needs to be spending some time with some excellent child psychologists and a sketch artist. we need a description of what this perp looked like. driving a mini van and a baseball cap is only going to go so far.

i can't believe she was murdered!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I read the boy was dropped off, I felt he was only wanting the girl. So sad to hear she was murdered. Hope that piece of scum is caught.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Latest: FBI releases details of suspect in girl's death

Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 4:47 pm | Updated: 5:13 pm, Tue May 3, 2016.

FARMINGTON, N.M. (AP) — The Latest on the kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl from the Navajo Nation (all times local):

3:45 p.m.

Federal authorities are trying to find the man suspected of killing an 11-year-old girl after abducting her and her younger brother from the Navajo Nation.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Terry Wade said during a news conference Tuesday in Shiprock, New Mexico, that authorities will leave no stone unturned as they search for justice for the family of Ashlynne Mike.

Authorities say a man driving a maroon van kidnapped the girl and her brother Monday afternoon.

The boy was found later Monday, and a frantic search ensued as authorities issued an Amber Alert for the girl overnight. Her body was found Tuesday near the rock outcropping named after the Shiprock community.

Authorities described the man as a light-skinned Native American with a teardrop tattoo under his left eye. He's believed to be in his 20s or 30s.
    ___

11:50 a.m.

The Navajo Nation's public safety director says an 11-year-old girl who was kidnapped from the reservation in New Mexico has been found dead.

Authorities had been searching by air and ground for Ashlynne Mike, who was abducted by a man believed to be a stranger Monday afternoon.

Jesse Delmar, the tribe's public safety division director, says the girl's body was found Tuesday morning in Shiprock, near a rock formation that the town is named for.

Delmar says Ashlynne's family has been notified.

Authorities say she was last seen on Navajo Route 36 and that her kidnapper was driving a maroon van.

The search for the girl included federal, tribal, state and county officers on the ground as well as a New Mexico State Police helicopter.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Authorities search for suspect in Navajo girl’s death

Originally published May 3, 2016 at 9:20 am Updated May 3, 2016 at 3:46 pm
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A rural community on the edge of the nation’s largest American Indian reservation mourned the death of an 11-year-old girl Tuesday as authorities pored over remote stretches of the Navajo Nation in search of the man who abducted her and her younger brother.

A stranger kidnapped Ashlynne Mike and her brother, Ian, after the school bus dropped them off Monday afternoon, authorities and family members say. The man approached them and a third boy, asking them if they wanted to see a movie. The boys said no, but Ashlynne was somehow lured into the man’s van.

The girl’s brother didn’t want his sister to go alone so he went with her, relatives say. Police gleaned some information about the suspect after a passing driver found the boy later Monday.

Scared and in the dark, he had run more than 2 miles to the highway from a desolate spot where the kidnapper had taken the children. He told authorities the man and his sister walked out into the hills but the man came back alone.

The boy was distraught, said Darrell Foster-Joe, the children’s aunt.

"He was so tired and just crying and crying for his sister," she said. "It was really hard for the FBI to get any information from him."

Tips are flooding in from across the reservation that spans parts of New Mexico, Arizona and Utah as well as the close-knit tribal community where Ashlynne lived. The FBI said it’s following up on all leads.

"We’re leaving no stone unturned," FBI Special Agent in Charge Terry Wade told reporters during a brief news conference. "We will solve this case and give Ashlynne Mike’s family the justice they deserve."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ian is lucky to be alive!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just saw this thread and the outcome, so so sad.

RIP Ashlynne and sending lots of strength and prayers to your brother Ian to get through this horrible ordeal.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: FBI says authorities have arrested a man in the abduction and death of an 11-year-old Navajo girl in northwestern New Mexico.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    #BREAKING: @FBIAlbuquerque has arrested 27yo Tom Begaye of Waterflow, NM in connection to death of Ashlynne Mike

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    BREAKING NEWS: FBI has made an arrest in the murder of Ashlynne Mike. From the FBI:

A Waterflow, N.M., man was arrested Tuesday in connection with the abduction and death of 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike.

Tom Begaye, 27, is scheduled to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge B. Paul Briones in Farmington on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the updates mykittysmama!

Wonderful work on the part of FBI/LE, thank God this monster was found so quickly.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 05-04-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Waterflow man arrested in girl's murder

Steve Garrison, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 8:14 p.m. MDT May 3, 2016

A search and rescue team found 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike's body off a dirt road near the Shiprock pinnacle

SHIPROCK — A 27-year-old Waterflow man was arrested Tuesday night in the abduction and slaying of an 11-year-old Navajo girl.

FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said in a press release that Tom Begaye was arrested and will appear at a court hearing this morning to answer charges he murdered Ashlynne Mike and dumped her body in a remote area near the Shiprock pinnacle.

Fisher said no further information will be released until after Begaye's court appearance.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Thanks for all the updates mykittysmama!

Wonderful work on the part of FBI/LE, thank God this monster was found so quickly.
    Yes, her murderer was found quickly, great job LE. I just hope little Ian receives intense therapy to help him recover from what he witnessed and went through with his sister.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Yes, her murderer was found quickly, great job LE. I just hope little Ian receives intense therapy to help him recover from what he witnessed and went through with his sister.
    Me too, this will forever remain with Ian, bless this child.

This sort of reminded me of Shasta and Dylan Groene's case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm very happy this guy was caught so quickly. little Ian must have provided the investigators with a detailed description of the man and the van he was in. prayers for their grieving family.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SHIPROCK, N.M. --
    The stranger walked with 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike into the hills of a remote area of the Navajo Nation known for its breathtaking views and the monolithic rock outcropping that stands as a beacon for miles.

As the sun faded, the stranger returned alone with a crowbar tucked in his jacket; the girl was nowhere to be seen. Her body was found hours later.

But as he came back, her distraught and scared 9-year-old brother started to run and kept running for more than two miles toward the lights he could see on the highway in the distance until a passer-by scooped him up and took him to police.

"He was so tired and just crying and crying for his sister. It was really hard for the FBI to get any information from him," said the children's aunt, Darrell Foster-Joe, as she recounted what the boy eventually told authorities.

The siblings were abducted after being dropped off at a bus stop after school about a quarter-mile from their home Monday afternoon. A man in a van offered to take them to watch a movie. The brother and another boy - a relative of the children - said no, but Ashlynne was somehow lured into the van.

Not wanting his sister to go alone, her brother jumped in too.

The abduction sparked a frantic air and ground search. But the immediate search was focused on the opposite side of the highway from where authorities needed to be looking.

snipped

Shawn Mike, Ashlynne's cousin and the father of the boy who stayed behind, said he didn't believe the family knew Begaye. Mike said the man who took Ashlynne and her brother tried twice to get his son to get into the vehicle with the other children.

"My son said he just waved," Shawn Mike said. "He said the vehicle just sped off, and as it was driving off he just saw Ashlynne waving toward him."

Heartbroken, the community paused Tuesday night for a moment of silence. Hundreds of residents packed the Navajo Nation's San Juan Chapter House, a tiny community hall south of Shiprock, while hundreds more stood outside of the building in support of Ashlynne's family. Her father sat silently at the front of the room, listening as the girl's principal remembered her as a kind child who was a part of the school band, and local leaders offered condolences.

Ashlynne, who played xylophone, had performed just last week, said her cousin Shawn Mike.

"As a dad, you would like to see your daughter grow up and see her have a family of her own one day. And unfortunately, Ashlynne won't experience any of this," he told The Associated Press after the vigil.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's cases like this, grrr, I truly wouldn't mind it if this POS didn't make to trial, he's destroyed this family. Ian will always have this horrific memory, thank God, he got away and was able to help catch the monster.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    It's cases like this, grrr, I truly wouldn't mind it if this POS didn't make to trial, he's destroyed this family. Ian will always have this horrific memory, thank God, he got away and was able to help catch the monster.
    Just horrible, poor little Ian having to live with this. He knew not to go with the stranger and tried to protect his sister, God Bless this child.

I read that the perp is also Native American.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tom Begaye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh man, that dude looks frightening. side note, i thought i read that he was described as having a tear drop tatoo. i don't see one.

there are a couple of fundraisers set up for Ashlynne. i was going to link the gofundme last night but i got a funny feeling about the author of the site. it appears it was set up by someone who may have had good intentions but didn't really know the family. then the gofundme was really taking off. when i looked last night it was just over 9k. the author was mentioning that he gave all of the account information to the mother of Ashlynne - who lives in CA and not with Ashlynne. then it just got muddy from there. it's over 11k today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops forgot to link the fundraisers.

there is this one that i am not sure is legit

and then the gofundme

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    oh man, that dude looks frightening. side note, i thought i read that he was described as having a tear drop tatoo. i don't see one.

there are a couple of fundraisers set up for Ashlynne. i was going to link the gofundme last night but i got a funny feeling about the author of the site. it appears it was set up by someone who may have had good intentions but didn't really know the family. then the gofundme was really taking off. when i looked last night it was just over 9k. the author was mentioning that he gave all of the account information to the mother of Ashlynne - who lives in CA and not with Ashlynne. then it just got muddy from there. it's over 11k today.
    Ashlynne lived with her father at the Reservation and he was at the vigil last night. I would have second thoughts about giving the account info to the mother but I don't know the circumstances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast