Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Administrator Aubrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Leprechaun House In The Big Pines
    Posts
    6,463
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Latest Jerry Sandusky appeals hearing focuses on victim memories

    Updated 19 mins ago - May 11, 2017

    BELLEFONTE, Pa. (WPVI) -- Jerry Sandusky is arguing his former defense lawyers didn't properly represent him and wants a do-over of the 2012 trial that produced a 45-count conviction for child sexual abuse.

    A judge in central Pennsylvania on Thursday heard more testimony in the former Penn State assistant football coach's multi-hearing appeal.

    The latest witnesses include one of the victims who testified against Sandusky. He says his memories of the abuse changed in part because of therapy and counseling.

    A witness for Sandusky was a psychology professor who specializes in human memory.

    A lawyer who represented Sandusky in earlier appeals also took the stand.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

  2. #62
    Administrator Aubrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Leprechaun House In The Big Pines
    Posts
    6,463
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Judge cancels Sandusky evidentiary hearing for Friday

    There will not be a Jerry Sandusky hearing on Friday

    May 25, 2017

    On Thursday, the Centre County prothonotary’s office posted an order from Jefferson County Judge John Foradora.

    Foradora is specially presiding in Centre County over the post-conviction phase of Sandusky’s criminal case since the recusal of McKean County Senior Judge John Cleland. His order canceled the hearing that had been scheduled back in March. His order said the hearing was canceled "due to the fact that all witnesses and testimony regarding the issues raised has been presented."

    The evidentiary hearings were part of Sandusky’s Post-conviction Collateral Relief Act petition, as the retired Penn State defensive coordinator seeks a new trial. Sandusky was convicted of 45 of 48 counts of child sexual abuse in 2012.

    Sandusky’s attorney, Al Lindsay, who lobbied hard for the right to have those hearings, confirmed that his side was done presenting evidence.

    After the transcripts of the last hearing on May 11 are made available, the defense will have 30 days to prepare final arguments on findings of fact and conclusions of law.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

  3. #63
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two Penn State ex-officials begin jail terms in Sandusky case
    Saturday July 15th, 2017
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Two former high-ranking Penn State administrators surrendered Saturday morning to serve jail sentences for how they responded to a 2001 complaint about Jerry Sandusky showering with a boy.
    Former university vice president Gary Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley turned themselves in, according to Lt. Michael Woods, the shift commander at the Centre County Correctional Facility. Wood confirmed their surrender, but said he was not authorized to release any other details from the jail, which is about 135 miles (217 kilometers) east of Pittsburgh. The lockup is about 7 miles (11 kilometers) northeast of Penn State's main campus.

    Schultz and Curley pleaded guilty to misdemeanor child endangerment in March, leading prosecutors to drop three felony charges of child endangerment and conspiracy.
    Curley, 63, must serve three months in jail, while Schultz, 67, has two months behind bars. Jail officials said they will be evaluated for participation in work release while incarcerated.
    A co-defendant, former Penn State president Graham Spanier, 68, was convicted of the same offense and faces two months in jail. Spanier remains free on bail while he appeals to Superior Court.
    Spanier continues to be a tenured faculty member and is on administrative leave. A deal with the university when he was forced out as president after Sandusky's arrest in November 2011 pays him $600,000 a year, ending this fall, after which he will receive a salary.
    The three men received a complaint from a graduate assistant football coach in February 2001 who said he was highly disturbed by seeing Sandusky appear to sexually abuse the boy late on a Friday night in a team shower.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 View Post
    Two Penn State ex-officials begin jail terms in Sandusky case
    Saturday July 15th, 2017
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Two former high-ranking Penn State administrators surrendered Saturday morning to serve jail sentences for how they responded to a 2001 complaint about Jerry Sandusky showering with a boy.
    Former university vice president Gary Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley turned themselves in, according to Lt. Michael Woods, the shift commander at the Centre County Correctional Facility. Wood confirmed their surrender, but said he was not authorized to release any other details from the jail, which is about 135 miles (217 kilometers) east of Pittsburgh. The lockup is about 7 miles (11 kilometers) northeast of Penn State's main campus.

    Schultz and Curley pleaded guilty to misdemeanor child endangerment in March, leading prosecutors to drop three felony charges of child endangerment and conspiracy.
    Curley, 63, must serve three months in jail, while Schultz, 67, has two months behind bars. Jail officials said they will be evaluated for participation in work release while incarcerated.
    A co-defendant, former Penn State president Graham Spanier, 68, was convicted of the same offense and faces two months in jail. Spanier remains free on bail while he appeals to Superior Court.
    Spanier continues to be a tenured faculty member and is on administrative leave. A deal with the university when he was forced out as president after Sandusky's arrest in November 2011 pays him $600,000 a year, ending this fall, after which he will receive a salary.
    The three men received a complaint from a graduate assistant football coach in February 2001 who said he was highly disturbed by seeing Sandusky appear to sexually abuse the boy late on a Friday night in a team shower.
    They are all guilty of FELONIES. There should be NO PLEA DEALS where child abuse is confirmed and on top of that could have been prevented in the future, as was this case with that pond scum Sandusky.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

  5. #65
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,557
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    They are all guilty of FELONIES. There should be NO PLEA DEALS where child abuse is confirmed and on top of that could have been prevented in the future, as was this case with that pond scum Sandusky.
    I absolutely agree with you, MissW. It well past the time that money/power quits talking and the law is enforced without all the loopholes and bullsh!t technicalities. This case (among others) has become a legal sham. SMH

  6. #66
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeffery Sandusky trial pushed back
    Aug 07, 2017 06:35 PM EDT
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    The trial date for Jeffrey Sandusky has been pushed back until September 22.
    The adopted son of former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky is facing charges in Centre County for allegedly soliciting oral sex and nude photos from minors in 2013.
    His trial was initially scheduled for August 4, but it had to be pushed back.*

  7. #67
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CNN exclusive: Joe Paterno may have known of earlier Jerry Sandusky abuse claim, police report reveals
    Sat September 9, 2017



    A police report obtained by CNN bolsters evidence that legendary football coach Joe Paterno knew years before Jerry Sandusky's arrest that his longtime assistant might be sexually abusing children.
    The one-page Pennsylvania state police report, obtained from a source and described here for the first time, lays out an account from whistleblower Mike McQueary, who reported to Paterno an incident he had just witnessed in a locker room between Sandusky and a young boy. Paterno allegedly told McQueary in 2001 that the claim against Sandusky "was the second complaint of this nature he had received," according to the police report, which was written after Sandusky's arrest 10 years later.

    McQueary's claim of abuse and other allegations led to Sandusky's conviction in 2012 for sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years, including three victims after the 2001 locker room incident. He is serving a sentence of at least 30 years in prison. An appeal is pending.



    The police report casts fresh doubt on the mountain of denials by Paterno, his family and his loyalists that the coach knew anything of Sandusky's serial molestation before the 2001 incident.
    It contradicts the head coach's testimony before a grand jury and his published statement a week before he died in 2012 that he "had 'no inkling' that Sandusky might be a sexual deviant" until he heard the shocking allegation from McQueary. Other documents unveiled since Paterno's death suggest the head coach was told of other similar claims as early as the 1970s

  8. #68
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,557
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 View Post
    CNN exclusive: Joe Paterno may have known of earlier Jerry Sandusky abuse claim, police report reveals
    Sat September 9, 2017



    A police report obtained by CNN bolsters evidence that legendary football coach Joe Paterno knew years before Jerry Sandusky's arrest that his longtime assistant might be sexually abusing children.
    The one-page Pennsylvania state police report, obtained from a source and described here for the first time, lays out an account from whistleblower Mike McQueary, who reported to Paterno an incident he had just witnessed in a locker room between Sandusky and a young boy. Paterno allegedly told McQueary in 2001 that the claim against Sandusky "was the second complaint of this nature he had received," according to the police report, which was written after Sandusky's arrest 10 years later.

    McQueary's claim of abuse and other allegations led to Sandusky's conviction in 2012 for sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years, including three victims after the 2001 locker room incident. He is serving a sentence of at least 30 years in prison. An appeal is pending.



    The police report casts fresh doubt on the mountain of denials by Paterno, his family and his loyalists that the coach knew anything of Sandusky's serial molestation before the 2001 incident.
    It contradicts the head coach's testimony before a grand jury and his published statement a week before he died in 2012 that he "had 'no inkling' that Sandusky might be a sexual deviant" until he heard the shocking allegation from McQueary. Other documents unveiled since Paterno's death suggest the head coach was told of other similar claims as early as the 1970s
    Well of course he did...and of course he denies it .

    IMO!

  9. #69
    Administrator sunny47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeffrey Sandusky pleads guilty to 14 counts of child sexual abuse
    By Kwegyirba Croffie, CNN

    Updated 8:59 AM ET, Sat September 16, 2017




    According to the district attorney's office, Sandusky will become a Tier III sex offender, the highest level in Pennsylvania.
    The charges involve incidents with two girls, one in 2013 and one in 2016.
    The crimes were uncovered late last year when a girl told her father that Sandusky had texted her repeatedly, asking her to send him naked photos.

    According to the district attorney's office, Sandusky will become a Tier III sex offender, the highest level in Pennsylvania.
    The charges involve incidents with two girls, one in 2013 and one in 2016.
    The crimes were uncovered late last year when a girl told her father that Sandusky had texted her repeatedly, asking her to send him naked photos.
    The father contacted the police, and during the investigation, police discovered another girl, known as victim No. 2, who said Sandusky had asked her to engage in oral sex with him years before.

    Both victims say Sandusky tried to use different excuses to try to get them to participate, saying at one point that he "had studied medicine" and another time that he believed that Victim No. 1 had shared a nude photo with her boyfriend, and he wanted to see it.
    "This outcome also ensures the victims need not suffer the trauma and re-victimization of testifying at trial and importantly, the defendant will have to comply with strict sex offender registration requirements for the remainder of his life," District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •