Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Clowns Trying to Lure Children into Woods in South Carolina!

More clowns spotted trying to lure kids into woods in South Carolina

Posted 9:29 am, August 31, 2016, by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Updated at 09:34am, August 31, 2016
    GREENVILLE, S.C. — Greenville County Sheriff’s Office deputies have increased patrols after several new [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reports the first incident occurred on Aug. 21 when kids saw clowns in the woods, attempting to lure them with green lasers and money.

The second incident occurred on Monday when a young girl called the sheriff’s office to report a man taking pictures of kids. She first saw the man taking pictures and another male emerged from the woods dressed as a clown.

The man taking pictures of the children was riding a blue bike and the other male was wearing a black jacket and a clown mask.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Scary, I have always been afraid of clowns, there right up there on my list with snakes and spiders!!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A clown appears to be trying to lure kids into woods in South Carolina

Posted 9:46 am, August 27, 2016, by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

GREENVILLE, S.C. — A note some Greenville County residents found on their apartment doors has them concerned for the safety of their neighborhood.

Residents at Fleetwood Manor Apartments on Fleetwood Drive reportedly received letters on Wednesday stating the property management has received complaints of a person dressed as a clown trying to “lure children into the woods.”

The letter, which appears to be printed on Fleetwood Manor Apartments letterhead, reminds the public children should never be alone or walking through the woods at night.

The property management in the letter indicates Greenville County law enforcement is conducting daily patrols of the property due to the reports. Below is the full text of the letter:

8/24/2016

To The Residents of Fleetwood Manor

There has [sic] been several conversation [sic] and a lot of complaints to the office regarding a clown or a person dressed in clown clothing taking children or trying to lure children in the woods. First and foremost at Fleetwood Manor Apartments childrens [sic] safety is a top priority. At no time should a child be alone at night, or walking in the roads or wooded areas at night. Also if a person or persons are seen you are to immediately call the police. Greenville County Police Department is aware of the situation and have been riding [sic] the property daily. Remember there is a 10pm curfew for the property so to ensure your childrens [sic] safety please keep them in the house during night hours and make sure at ALL times children are supervised. Anymore information that becomes regarding this issue will be sent out to all residents.

Thank you,
    Property Manager

Donna Arnold, one of the people residing at the complex who received the letter, said she called the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office to come out to Fleetwood Manor after her son and others reported seeing clowns behind the basketball court.

“I thought my child was seeing things,” Arnold said. “And then the next day I had about 30 kids come up to me and say, ‘Did you see the clown in the woods?”

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ugh! As an adult you wouldn't catch me walking alone near the woods, day or night!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reports of Creepy Clowns in Woods Spooking Residents of Greenville, S.C.

by Alex Johnson

Multiple reports that menacing clowns are lurking in the woods — sometimes, allegedly, offering kids cash to follow them — have the residents of Greenville, S.C., looking over their shoulders and even brandishing guns.

The Greenville County Sheriff's Office said it has boosted patrols around the Fleetwood Manor apartment complex after it learned that men opened fire into woods behind the complex last week. Residents told a deputy that the men were spooked by what an incident report described as "recent clown activity."

A purported picture of one of the clowns — which NBC News hasn't been able to verify — was posted Tuesday to Twitter.

According to the incident report, multiple residents, some of them children, said they saw the clowns — who they said were carrying flashing green laser lights — creeping around on the night of Aug. 21.

Some of the kids said the clowns showed them "large amounts of money," according to the investigative report. But when the deputy canvassed the abandoned house the kids said they'd been lured to, nothing suspicious was found.

Donna Arnold, a Fleetwood Manor resident, said her son was one of the kids who saw a clown.

By day, the woods behind the Fleetwood Manor apartment complex in Greenville, S.C., appear peaceful. But at night, scary clowns come out to menace their children, residents say. WYFF-TV via NBC News Channel

"At first, I thought he was telling a fib, and I said, 'Go in the house, and we'll talk about this when I get in,' because I didn't want it all over the place," Arnold told [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

But the next day, "30 kids ... come up to me and said, 'Ms. Donna, Ms. Donna, there's clowns in the woods, there's clowns in the woods.' My child was with me, so I knew they had to see something. There was more than one kid that seen them, so I feel confident that he was telling the truth."

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What popped into my head when I read this is John Wayne Gacy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    What popped into my head when I read this is John Wayne Gacy.
    OMG MJ~ I forgot about him of course that is how Gacy lured the kids in being a clown!! Scary stuff!! He was such a sicko!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a fear of clowns and was scared to click on this thread.

Yes, our own John Wayne Gacy was a clown.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Creepy Clown Incident Reported in Ohio
    Sep 1 2016, 2:10 pm ET

There has been another creepy clown encounter — this time in Columbus, Ohio.

A 14-year-old boy heading to a school bus stop Tuesday morning told police he was chased by a black-clad man armed with a knife — and wearing a clown mask, police said.

"The victim was able to get away from him by throwing a rock at him," said police spokeswoman Denise Alex-Bouzounis, who added that police are now canvassing the area in search of the suspect and keeping a close eye on the bus stop in north Columbus near where the incident occurred.

"We don't know whether this was a prank or not, but we are taking it seriously," she said.

The alleged attack on the teenager came as police down in South Carolina were investigating multiple reports of menacing clowns allegedly trying to lure children to an abandoned house in the woods.

Alex-Bouzounis said they're aware of the South Carolina reports but said "we're investigating locally at first."

Residents in the north Columbus neighborhood said they were rattled by the reported clown attack.

"I did not think it was here, but it goes to show things crazy and stupid can happen everywhere," Tombi Williams, a mother of two who lives in the neighborhood, told the NBC affiliate in Columbus.

Down south, the Greenville County Sheriff's Office had extra officers patrolling in and around the Fleetwood Manor apartment complex, where they'd gotten reports of "recent clown activity."

Numerous residents, including some children, have told police that on Aug. 21 they saw the clowns skulking around the woods and flashing green laser lights.

Some of the kids told investigators the clowns showed them "large amounts of money," according to an investigative report.

But authorities found nothing suspicious in the abandoned house and have not yet cuffed any clowns.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is serious’ Creepy clown sightings spread across South Carolina

Updated at 11:39am, September 2, 2016

GREENVILLE/SPARTANBURG, South Carolina — Multiple law enforcement agencies are investigating a rash of incidents involving clown sightings at apartment complexes and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Both the Greenville Police Department and Greenville County Sheriff’s Office have open cases and the Spartanburg Police Department confirmed Thursday, September 1st that a clown sighting had been reported at an apartment complex there.

Captain Art Littlejohn with the Spartanburg Police Department said officers were called to Canaan Pointe Apartments Wednesday night, August 31st for reports of a suspicious person. The complainant, a woman, told officers that a person dressed as a clown was standing in her backyard. She snapped a photo and the person ran off. Littlejohn said the responding officer tried to view the photo on the woman’s phone but the image was too dark to make out.

Deputies in Greenville County said the clowns were initially seen in wooded areas, where they reportedly tried to encourage children to join them, but the situation escalated to reports that clowns were also knocking on the doors of homes.

Investigators said no conclusive photo or video evidence has surfaced and no suspects have been named in any of the incidents.

Officer Gilberto Franco with the Greenville Police Department said the biggest obstacle investigators are facing is lack of detail in the descriptions they are receiving of the clowns. Franco said that of the three reports his agency is investigating, not enough information was received about the costumes, hair colors and whether or not the suspects had on masks or painted faces.

Creepy #@*%+#!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It certainly is creepy I hope they find whoever is doing this because it is digusting and scary Halloween is only once a year scary these little kids can't enjoy there summer.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    It certainly is creepy I hope they find whoever is doing this because it is digusting and scary Halloween is only once a year scary these little kids can't enjoy there summer.
    I would have a heart attack if I saw these clowns, terrified of them.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Creepy Clown Reports Continue, and Clowns Are Not Happy
    By CHRISTOPHER MELES
    SEPT. 7, 2016

First there were the reports in Greenville County, S.C., of creepy clowns offering children money to come into the woods. There was also the mysterious late-night sighting of a clown waving under a streetlight.

That caused alarm and prompted the police to incCease patrols where the costumed figures had been spotted.

Now, two weeks later and 180 miles away, separate tales of clowns trying to lure children into wooded areas in Winston-Salem, N.C., have set off concerns in that city.

None of this sits well with clowns. Mike Becvar, a professional clown who goes by the name Sir Toony Van Dukes and who runs the website Just For Clowns, said anxiety about the incidents is being needlessly stoked by national news coverage.

“I wonder how the reporting on the story would go if instead of clowns, people were dressing up as aliens, witches, zombies or doctors?” he asked in an email. “What if they were wearing hospital scrubs, lab coats and a stethoscope around their neck. Would the news report that doctors were hiding in the woods trying to lure kids with candy?”

Nevertheless, the police in two states are responding aggressively to reports of costumed strangers.

The Winston-Salem Police Department said officers responded to a call around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday of a person dressed in a clown costume offering treats to children. The person was seen by two children and heard, but not seen, by an adult, according to a police report.

The report said the person, a man wearing white overalls, white gloves and red shoes, with red bushy hair, a white face and a red nose, fled once officers arrived.

About four hours later on a street two miles from the original call, the police received another report of a person in a clown costume. Efforts to find the person in both instances were unsuccessful, but the police said their investigation remains active.

The Winston-Salem Police Department is aware that similar incidents have occurred recently in South Carolina and is taking this matter seriously,” the department said in a statement, adding that patrols would be increased in the area.

The panic has not abated. In nearby Greensboro, N.C., the local paper carried a report of a man with a machete who chased a clown into the woods on Tuesday. The police could not locate the clown, described as having red curly hair, wearing a mask, a yellow dotted shirt and blue pants, according to The News & Record.

Meanwhile, in South Carolina, the police in Greenville said they had responded to four clown sightings in late August. On Aug. 29, a boy reported that two people dressed as clowns were standing near an apartment complex. The next day, a woman called to say she saw two others close to a playground at the complex, the police said.

MORE @ LINK>>>>

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clowns Continue to Creep Around the Carolinas, Some Reportedly Trying to Lure Children

Recent mysterious sightings of creepy clowns in the Carolinas have triggered fears among local residents - and drawn attention across the country.

This week, North Carolina had a wave of reported clown sightings, in areas near Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

On Tuesday, as reported on TODAY.com, a woman called police to report a clown lurking in the woods behind her apartment complex in Greensboro. As she was reporting the incident, her husband, Chris Bass, chased the red-haired man, said to have been dressed in blue Aladdin pants, a polka-dot shirt, clown shoes and a white mask or white face paint, into the woods with a machete. The clown escaped.

Police are still investigating the reported incidents, though the Cleveland County Sheriff’s office also warned residents not to call in false clown reports. They posted a message on their Facebook page:

Cleveland County Sheriff's Office
    September 7 at 2:48pm ·

We have had an anonymous call to a Cleveland County elementary school today reporting a clown on school premises and a Facebook post depicting a clown with the caption that it was seen near a Cleveland County high school. Both of these incidents were investigated and found to be false. Investigating these allegations has taken numerous man hours from the Sheriff’s Office. We realize that fear regarding incidents involving clowns in South Carolina has spread and, unfortunately some are using it to play pranks. To many this is not a joking matter. Baseless and false reports take away from the Sheriff’s Office resources and ability to work other criminal investigations. After conferring with the District Attorney’s Office, we have determined anyone who posts a picture of a clown stating it is near a school will possibly face charges of obstruction of justice.

In South Carolina, police in Lexington also received reports this week, including multiple sightings in which two individuals, one dressed as a clown and the other as a bear, reportedly tried to convince children to get into their vehicle. Multiple children between 8 and 11 said that a clown asked them to get into his car. At least one child reported seeing a man in a bear suit. Parents who live in the area are concerned, and police say they're taking the reports seriously.

Police in Greenville, S.C., received numerous reports of clowns lurking near wooded areas near schools and behind apartment complexes. A 12-year-old reported seeing two clowns behind a residential complex taking photos of children, according to local media reports.

more at link

I don't think anyone yet has got an actual good pic of these clowns. I read that one woman or man took a pic at night but you couldn't make out the clown in the pic.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I remember several years ago I was in downtown Chicago at a McDonald's with my daughter. She was going to the animal shelter to adopt a new cat so we stopped for breakfast.

We were sitting in an area outside of McDonald's and I suddenly spotted something out of the corner of my eye. It was Ronald McDonald walking towards us. My daughter is scared of clowns too so we both were terrified. He kept walking closer and closer to us, we jumped up and ran out onto the sidewalk. He is so scary looking up close!

What is behind those painted faces and the way their eyes look! Shudder!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clowns scare me too,Stephen Kings IT gave me nightmares.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think part of the scariness with clowns is the make-up or mask, kwim? You can't really 'see' who's behind it...creepy!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clowns allegedly terrorize children waiting for school bus

McDUFFIE COUNTY, GA (KTRK) --
    Another strange clown incident involving children is under investigation, this time in Georgia.

Two brothers in McDuffie County say they were chased by at least two men dressed in clown masks while waiting for the school bus.

Cameron Frails, 12, says he and his brother were walking around 6:30am to the school bus when he noticed something.

"We saw a man with all black on, clown mask and like a red wig," Frails says.

Neighbor Hannah Rice saw the clown, too, only he was following Cameron and his brother.

Suddenly, another man ran out from between two mobile homes, also donning a clown mask, and both men began chasing the boys.

"I told my brother to run and scream as loud as he can," Cameron says.

Their screams alerted their parents, who called 911.

Hannah says she barely made it onto the bus when she began to cry.

This is not the first time law enforcement has dealt with a clown sighting.

It all began in Greenville, South Carolina, and spread to the Augusta area. The sightings then spread west to Lagrange.

The McDuffie County Sheriff's Office is taking the case seriously.

"Until we can prove otherwise, we don't know there wasn't a clown," says Major Ronnie Williamson. "Something scared these children this morning."

more at link

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Walking around dressed as a clown is one thing, there's no law against it, but these clowns deliberately terrorized these children and that looks like malicious intent to me. IMO

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hale County schools on soft lock down due to clown threats on social media

Sept 16, 2016

HALE COUNTY, AL (WBRC) -

All Hale County schools are on soft lock down because of recent threats from clowns on social media, the superintendent confirms.

Superintendent Osie Pickens says the soft lock down allows movement inside the school, but all doors are locked.

The soft lockdown comes the day after schools in the south Alabama town of Flomaton were placed on lock down for more than an hour on Thursday. The source of that threat came from the Flomo Klown Facebook page.

The source of the threat that caused Hale County schools to go on lock down is unclear.

I tried looking up Flomo Klown FB page but there are many of them and I don't know which one had the threat on it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sept 16, 2016

UPDATE 1p.m. Friday:

Four suspects have been identified in the Flomo Klown case that locked down several schools Thursday, but there have been no arrests as of just before 1 p.m. Friday, according to Escambia County (AL) Chief Deputy Mike Lambert.

Lambert said his department is awaiting a judge’s signature on the warrants before any arrests can be made.

The suspects are three juveniles and one adult, all from Flomaton except for one juvenile that is from Pensacola.

Further details will be posted as they become available.

UPDATE 2:45 pm Friday:

Makayla Smith, 22 of Pecan Leaf Lane in Flomaton, has been charged with making a terroristic threat in the Flomo Klown case. Three additional juvenile arrests are expected. Two of the juveniles are from Alabama, and one is from Flomaton. None of the suspects had affiliation or were currently attending the public school system, according to the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.

Charges are pending in the case and the juveniles remain in the custody of their parents but will be turned over to the juvenile authorities at a later time once official charges are filed, which will be in the immediate future. The Sheriff’s Office will release further information after the district attorney and juvenile authorities determine what charges will be filed.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OMG, just plain old creepy! The last clown photo is terrifying to me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clowning Around in Connecticut: School Bans Clown Costumes Because They Are ‘Symbols of*Fear’
    October 4, 2016 at 10:52am EDT

The repeated reports of creepy clowns across the country has led one Connecticut district to ban the costumes and other so-called “symbols of terror” as Halloween approaches.
    Meanwhile, reports of clowns sitings — thus far unconfirmed by campus police — led dozens of University of Connecticut students armed with baseball bats and other weapons to mob the campus cemetery, according to the student newspaper.

New Haven Public School district officials announced the ban on Monday, noting that principals and building leaders requested clown costumes be prohibited until more information is available about the recent reports of creepy clown sightings in the state — and across the country, the Associated Press reports.

Authorities are also investigating several Instagram accounts and posts that appear to fuel the “clown panic,” according to the AP.
    District officials said they are working with the New Haven Police Department to investigate the authenticity of several clown-related Instagram posts and accounts, although it is unclear whether the posts pose any real threat to the district, NBC Connecticut reports.
    There have been reports of creepy clown sightings everywhere from Georgia to Maryland to Oregon. And NBC reports that the clown panic has made its way online, with several accounts popping up on Instagram.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Students Say 3 Clowns Threatened to 'Kill Them' at Recess: Police
    10 minutes ago | Updated 3 minutes ago

A far north suburban school was on lockdown Tuesday afternoon after children told school staff that three people in clown masks, two of them possibly armed, threatened to “kill them” while they were at recess, police said.
    According to the Waukegan Police Department, children at the Greenwood elementary school told staff just before 2 p.m. that three people dressed in clown masks stood at the edge of the school’s property and taunted them.

The children reported that one person had a knife, another had a briefcase and a third had a gun “in his pocket.” They also claimed the clowns threatened to return on Friday and "kill them."
    Police said it was not clear if the knife was real or if a clown was armed with a handgun. The suspects may have left the scene in a black SUV but no suspect descriptions were available, according to atuhorities.*

The school was briefly placed on lock down until officers could check the area.
    Waukegan police said it plans to provide extra watches during shifts at all area schools “for the time being” and said the incident is being taken seriously

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Students Say 3 Clowns Threatened to 'Kill Them' at Recess: Police
    10 minutes ago | Updated 3 minutes ago

A far north suburban school was on lockdown Tuesday afternoon after children told school staff that three people in clown masks, two of them possibly armed, threatened to “kill them” while they were at recess, police said.
    According to the Waukegan Police Department, children at the Greenwood elementary school told staff just before 2 p.m. that three people dressed in clown masks stood at the edge of the school’s property and taunted them.

The children reported that one person had a knife, another had a briefcase and a third had a gun “in his pocket.” They also claimed the clowns threatened to return on Friday and "kill them."
    Police said it was not clear if the knife was real or if a clown was armed with a handgun. The suspects may have left the scene in a black SUV but no suspect descriptions were available, according to atuhorities.*

The school was briefly placed on lock down until officers could check the area.
    Waukegan police said it plans to provide extra watches during shifts at all area schools “for the time being” and said the incident is being taken seriously
    I was just watching this on the news! OMG...I can't deal with clowns. There is also creepy clowns threatening harm in Indiana and other schools now. A twitter friend of mine just tweeted that a student dressed as a clown at UIC had been detained and questioned.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WGN TV News Verified account
    ‏@WGNNews

Clown searched near UIC, threat made against Chicago Heights school as creepy clown phenomenon reaches Chicagoland: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]