Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Thank you juliekan! I wonder if it could be a serial killer? Lots of human remains found.
    Yes, I was just thinking WHAT THE HECK!?! where do you find that many bodies?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh yeah. he is a serial
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I had to go back and reread the thread. Followed so many missing that I forgot Kylr Yust also had a gf go missing. Yes, he is a serial killer. I wonder how many more remains they will find, so sad.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    November 22, 2013

The former boyfriend of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky will spend nearly 4 years in prison after being sentenced Friday for a drug trafficking conviction.
    Kopetsky's parents believe Kylr Yust knows what happened to their daughter. Yust, 24, was convicted of receiving designer drugs, which produce effects similar to Ecstasy, in the mail with the intent to sell or distribute it.

On Friday, Yust told a federal judge to: "Eat a steak for me," when the judge asked him if he had anything to say before being sentenced.

Yust was Kopetsky's boyfriend back in 2007 when the Belton girl left school and hasn't been seen again. Although Yust has never been charged in Kopetsky's case, she and her mother, Rhonda Beckford, filed for a restraining order against him shortly before she vanished. That order was granted by a judge after police started looking for Kara.

In the years since Kopetsky's disappearance, Yust has been placed on two years probation after pleading guilty to abusing another girlfriend. According to police reports, Yust claimed he had killed former girlfriends and said he could dispose of body parts by feeding them to pigs at a family farm. He also has been arrested for animal abuse but the charge was later dropped.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you juliekan! I wonder if it could be a serial killer? Lots of human remains found.

IMO, Kylr Yust is definitely a serial killer, his first name says it all...
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Families of Kara Kopetsky, Jessica Runions meet with Belton police after two human skulls found

April 4, 2017

Hours after authorities found a second skull Tuesday near a quarry in rural Cass County, two moms sat together with their pain — and a hope for answers.

Rhonda Beckford and Jamie Runions held hands, a symbol of a bond that bound them together when Runions’ daughter, Jessica, disappeared in early September. Beckford’s daughter, Kara Kopetsky, vanished in May 2007.

Authorities found a skull Monday and another Tuesday but have not identified either. They did reach out to the Kopetsky and Runions families to alert them to the find and later summoned the Beckfords to the Belton police station to share more information.

Officials don’t know how long it will take to know whether the remains are the two daughters. But if they are, that brings some comfort.

“If it’s her, I’m glad she was with Kara,” Jamie Runions said Tuesday. “My biggest fear was that she was alone. I’m glad they were together.”

The missing girls didn’t know each other and they disappeared nine years apart.

The moms didn’t know each other either, but now they are close. “Like sisters,” they said.

“Now we speak for our daughters,” Beckford said. “And we want Kara and Jessica to have the last word.”

much more at link

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Identification of remains found in Cass County hinges on how intact they are

April 5, 2017 11:26 AM

If police have uncovered two full skulls, teeth intact, from the Cass County area where human remains were found Monday and Tuesday, it shouldn’t take long to find the identities, according to a retired expert in the field of bone identification.

David W. Frayer had been called to identify bones at least two times a year before he retired after teaching anthropology for 37 years at the University of Kansas.

Authorities found a skull Monday and another Tuesday in rural Cass County after a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Their search for more bones in the area of East 233rd Street and Missouri Y was suspended Wednesday for weather but will continue Thursday.

The families of Kara Kopetsky, who disappeared in May 2007, and Jessica Runions, who was last seen in early September, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

SNIP

The remains have not been identified, and the families say they are still waiting.

Late Wednesday morning, Rhonda and Jim Beckford were at home in Belton. They were joined by Jamie Runions around noon. The families of the two missing women say they haven’t received further word from authorities in Belton or Cass County regarding the bones found earlier in the week.

"The waiting is the hardest part, but I’m still hopeful that possibly today or this week, one day, that we will have the answers to whether these skulls are our daughters," Rhonda Beckford said.

Rhonda Beckford, mother of Kara Kopetsky, said authorities so far had found two human skulls as well as several other bones. One skull appeared to be older than the other, she said.

"They have not been very specific with how they’re identifying these skeletal remains," Beckford said. "We know that there were two skulls. We don’t know how many teeth were intact. We don’t know any of that."

How quickly the identifications are made depends on how much of a skeleton is intact and how much is recovered at the site and the surrounding area, Frayer said.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ellen McNamara‏Verified account @EllenKCTV5 5m5 minutes ago

Another #BREAKING update on #JessicaRunions @ 8:45 on @KCTV5. Remains of Runions have been identified. Other remains sent to a lab.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ellen McNamara‏Verified account @EllenKCTV5 40m40 minutes ago

#BREAKING @SheriffCassCo confirms to @KCTV5 that human remains found have been identified as missing woman Jessica Runions.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RIP Jessica. So sad.

So sorry this happened to you but you have put a stop on a serial killer. There will be justice for you and another girl or others that may be out there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One set of remains ID'd as Jessica Runions, second remains could take year to identify

April 5, 2017

CASS COUNTY, MO (KCTV) -

The Cass County Sheriff's Office has identified one of the pair of remains found this week as those belonging to Jessica Runions.

Runions was reported missing in September of 2016.

The disappearances of both Runions and Kara Kopetsky are nearly ten years apart, but they both have connections to one man, Kylr Yust.

He has not been charged in either woman’s disappearance.

Yust had been seen with Kopetsky several times in the months leading up to her disappearance. He was also the last person to be seen with Jessica Runions, as the two of them left a party together.

Questions have been answered for Runions' family, but what about the second set of remains?

Kara Kopetsky's mother tells KCTV5 News the second set of remains could take months - even up to a year - to identify.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RIP Jessica. So sad.

So sorry this happened to you but you have put a stop on a serial killer. There will be justice for you and another girl or others that may be out there.
    Yes it is, so sorry for Jessica's mother/family, hoping that this monster will be put away for life.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is almost a miracle to me. to have both girls found - and I'm thinking that Kara has also been found.

my heart goes out to these families, but I'm so glad they have their loved ones back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jessica Runions Disappearance: Remains Found in Missouri Identified as Missing Woman
    by Phil Helsel
    Apr 6 2017, 3:33 am ET

Authorities in Missouri say the remains of one of two people found in a rural area this week have been identified as those of Jessica Runions, a 21-year-old woman who went missing in September.
    The remains of the second person have not yet been identified, the Cass County Sheriff's Office said. Runions, of Raymore, Missouri, was last seen leaving a party with a man on Sept. 8, and her burned out sport-utility vehicle was found near a Kansas City underpass two days later.

Authorities in Missouri say the remains of one of two people found in a rural area this week have been identified as those of Jessica Runions, a 21-year-old woman who went missing in September.
    The remains of the second person have not yet been identified, the Cass County Sheriff's Office said. Runions, of Raymore, Missouri, was last seen leaving a party with a man on Sept. 8, and her burned out sport-utility vehicle was found near a Kansas City underpass two days later.

The identification by the Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office comes after a mushroom hunter found human remains in a wooded area near Highway Y, south of Kansas City, on Monday and police found a human skull. Searchers found a second skull the next day, the sheriff's office said.
    Kansas City police arrested 28-year-old Kylr Yust on a warrant for burning the vehicle on Sept. 11, a day after the burned vehicle was found. He has not been charged in Runions' disappearance.
    Runions' aunt has said Runions and Yust, who is a childhood friend of Runions' boyfriend, were seen leaving a party together the night she disappeared. She was last seen at 9:30 p.m. the night of Sept. 8 driving the SUV, police said.
    Another woman, Kara Kopetsky, has been missing since 2007. NBC affiliate KHSB reported that Kopetsky is a former girlfriend of Yust's.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope he is seriously arrested,convicted and put in prison forever. I wonder if they are searching the rural area for more remains. 10 years apart who knows what he may have done in between. Authorities need to take a look at other missing women in the area and outside the area. if they aren't already. My heart goes out to Jessica's family and Kara's. I don't think it will take 10 yrs to identify Kara. If Missouri has a serial killer the ID of Kara should be a speeded up in my opinion.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123