Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ben Dean 6 year old Beechworth Vic.

Police are appealing for public assistance to help locate missing 6-year-old Beechworth boy Ben Dean who was last seen yesterday about 5pm.
    Police were contacted by Ben’s concerned parents after he went missing from their Chiltern Road address.
    Police, SES and CFA members conducted a search of Ben’s parent’s large rural property but failed to find the high functioning boy who has Down syndrome.
    An Incident Police Operations Centre has been established at Beechworth Police Station and the search is ongoing.
    Additional resources such as the Air Wing, K9 and Search and Rescue are assisting local police.
    Police and Ben’s family have released an image of Ben in the hope the public can assist in bringing him home safely.

https://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-boy-in-beechworth?adbsc=social_20160914_22060274&adbid=12 13596938712440&adbpl=fb&adbpr=214542541951223

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was just reading about Ben on twitter! Prayers that he is found safe and soon!

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A six-year-old boy with Down syndrome missing from his family's rural property in Victoria's north-east will have spent the night in freezing conditions.
    The alarm was raised after Ben Dean disappeared from his home on Chiltern Road, Beechworth about 5:00pm on Wednesday afternoon.
    Police searched the family's large rural property but failed to find the boy, who is described as being high-functioning.
    Sergeant Geoff Still from Victoria Police said the search would be ramped up.
    Those involved in the search would include: "the air wing, the police dog squad, police members, CFA and SES members.
    "As well, I would imagine there would be a large number of local community people who will be involved in the search.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The weather is horrid at the moment,torrential rain and flooding happening in Victoria.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The weather is horrid at the moment,torrential rain and flooding happening in Victoria.
    UGH...The first thing I though of was to check any bodies of water in the area.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They live on a large rural property,there is bound to be a dam or waterway on it,there have been no mention of bringing divers in though.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is wearing a bright red jumper.hopefully that will make him easier to spot.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing Ben Dean has been found.

He is being assessed my paramedics, but appears to be in good condition.
    Police will accompany the boy to Albury Hospital. He is said to be mildly hypothermic after his night out in freezing conditions.
    The discovery came just after police wrapped up a press conference, detailing how the boy went missing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was holding my breath reading about this little boy's disappearance and the updates. So very glad he was found, I hope he's o.k.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ben's cousin, Michelle Drinnan confirmed the good news to Daily Mail Australia.
    'Ben has been found, cold but ok. Family wants to thank police, SES, and the amazing volunteers. We are all incredibly grateful.'
    Ms Drinnan added that the family were incredibly relived to find the little boy 'cold with low temperature, but safe.'
    'Words can't describe.'

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wonderful news! I was so scared for little Ben.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Video showed the moment Ben Dean, who has Down syndrome, was found by two volunteer rescuers on McFeeters Road in Beechworth this morning.
    A rescuer embraced the boy and comforted him with a jacket to warm him after a cold night alone.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]