Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dismembered body found at Grapevine park, Texas

Sept 14, 2016

GRAPEVINE -- A dismembered body that had also been lit on fire was found at a park near Grapevine Lake early Wednesday, according to police.

Police said officers were sent to Acorn Woods Park, a densely-wooded area with trails on the south side of the lake, around 6:30 a.m.

Grapevine officials confirmed to News 8 a woman's body was found burned and in "several pieces" near the water.

Jogger John Gregory says he was zipping through the park for his usual morning run when he noticed police and fire trucks pulling up to a trailhead.

“I see a white pick-up truck with yellow flashers, and a red truck just kind of pulled up,” he said. "Then, there were about 12 cop cars and a fire truck. It was bizarre."

The park was closed to the public for the most of the day as investigators and crime scene technicians from the FBI helped process a large scene that extended through brush and trails to the water's edge.

By Wednesday evening, the scene had cleared. Areas that had been recently burned and processed were clearly visible near the park's trails.

Police said in a late update Wednesday the park had reopened, but that no further information on the homicide would be released for now.

more at link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Aubrey; 09-20-2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added prefix
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Family Believes Body Found In Grapevine Park May Be Missing Daughter

Sept 15, 2016

GRAPEVINE (KRLD) – The body of a Hispanic female was found dismembered and burned yesterday in Acorn Woods Park near Grapevine Lake.

The family of Camelia Hernandez has told KRLD they were contacted by Richardson police and told that investigators are looking into the possibility that the body is that of their 25 year-old daughter.

Hernandez went missing in July along with her boyfriend, 41 year-old Luis Rodriguez. She was a successful real estate agent in the area and had just been promoted.

Police believe Rodriguez is responsible for Hernandez’ disappearance and have issued a murder warrant for his arrest.

A confirmation on the identity of the remains is expected later Thursday. Officials stress no identification has been made and there is nothing yet that indicates the remains found yesterday are that of Hernandez.

more at link

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lauren Zakalik ‏@wfaalauren 18m18 minutes ago

UPDATE: Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner has ID'ed body found on Grapevine trail, but waiting on next of kin before releasing to public #WFAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ETA it wasn't who they thought it was. So, where is she?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you puzzler for the link but I couldn't read it as you have to subscribe. I did find this article.

Dismembered body identified as TWU student; suspect in custody

Sept 19, 2016

GRAPEVINE -- Police in Grapevine have identified the woman whose body was found dismembered and burned near Grapevine Lake last week and arrested a Haslet man for her murder.

Monday morning the woman was identified as Jacqueline Vandagriff, 24, of Frisco. Police say her body was found in Acorn Woods Park near the lake on Wednesday. Investigators were able to get fingerprints from the body, police said in a Monday press conference.

On Sunday afternoon, police arrested Charles Dean Bryant and charged him with capital murder. Bryant, 30, is being held on $1 million bond.Sunday night, the FBI searched his north Fort Worth home for hours. The organization wouldn’t comment on what it took.

“They were bagging up large items, small items, and the FBI van -- they were in and out of that constantly. And they were in hazmat suits,” said Gary Hayes, who lives across the street. He called the whole thing “unsettling.”

Vandagriff lived in Denton and was a junior studying nutrition at Texas Woman's University, the school confirmed. According to Facebook, she studied esthetics at Paul Mitchell and worked at Sambuca 360 at the Shops at Legacy in Plano.

Sgt. Robert Eberling said his department it’s unclear how Vandagriff and Bryant knew each other. He told reporters the two were seen together leaving a Denton bar Tuesday night. He added there was video evidence.

“Right now, as it stands, the information we’re gathering indicates they’d met possibly that night,” Eberling said. “Her body was located approximately 6:30 a.m. the following morning.”

Police say a trail of evidence, including cell phone data from Vandagriff’s phone, led them to Bryant, who they say is being cooperative in the investigation. Police couldn’t say if Vandagriff’s phone had been recovered, but said it had pinged off a cell phone tower near Bryant’s home.

Police said Bryant's previous run-ins with the law include forgery and possession of marijuana, but did not clarify whether or not he had any prior convictions.

more at link

Jacqueline Vandagriff

Charles Dean Bryant

RIP Jacqueline, prayers for your family and friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry the link said you had to subscribe. For some reason it let me see it and I am not a subscriber. I would have included more info, but daughter wanted to use my lap top.

Anyhoo....good that they have the guy. I couldn't find him in jail yet. Should be in Tarrant County (yes I live in Tarrant County ) but wasn't showing up. I checked Denton and Dallas counties also since Grapevine seems to be in all three. He has been in the Denton jail 2 times this month. Criminal Trespass arrested by the UNT campus police and stalking. I think one was on the 6th and the other the very next day. Sounds like he's a nut case.

eta
    He still isn't showing up. Maybe he will later, but I am wondering if it's some clerical thing. He is a junior, so I tried putting that in several ways, but still nada. I had a problem one time because of something like this. Surely he's been arraigned.....but maybe not. That could be it.
    Last edited by puzzler; 09-20-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzler [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Sorry the link said you had to subscribe. For some reason it let me see it and I am not a subscriber. I would have included more info, but daughter wanted to use my lap top.

Anyhoo....good that they have the guy. I couldn't find him in jail yet. Should be in Tarrant County (yes I live in Tarrant County ) but wasn't showing up. I checked Denton and Dallas counties also since Grapevine seems to be in all three. He has been in the Denton jail 2 times this month. Criminal Trespass arrested by the UNT campus police and stalking. I think one was on the 6th and the other the very next day. Sounds like he's a nut case.

eta
    He still isn't showing up. Maybe he will later, but I am wondering if it's some clerical thing. He is a junior, so I tried putting that in several ways, but still nada. I had a problem one time because of something like this. Surely he's been arraigned.....but maybe not. That could be it.
    The same thing happens with the Chicago Tribune website, I can read it but most other posters can't. Could it be that we are local to the area and we can read the articles?

Sometimes it's takes 24 hours for the arrested to appear on vinelink etc. Did you check vinelink?

Such a beautiful young woman, such a sad and horrific ending to her life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The same thing happens with the Chicago Tribune website, I can read it but most other posters can't. Could it be that we are local to the area and we can read the articles?

Sometimes it's takes 24 hours for the arrested to appear on vinelink etc. Did you check vinelink?

Such a beautiful young woman, such a sad and horrific ending to her life.
    Ah, I bet it is because I'm local. It is such a horrible crime. The only good things I can say is she was identified quickly and the suspect was id'd and arrested. And no, I didn't think to check vinelink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked vinelink and it only shows where he was in and out of the Denton County jail earlier this month. I am going to guess he's waiting to be arraigned and won't show up until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I pray they find the Hernandez girl. Well, woman. But to me, 25 is a girl.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzler [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ah, I bet it is because I'm local. It is such a horrible crime. The only good things I can say is she was identified quickly and the suspect was id'd and arrested. And no, I didn't think to check vinelink.
    Yes, I am glad that she was found quickly and identified.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now I pray they find the Hernandez girl. Well, woman. But to me, 25 is a girl.
    Praying that she is alive somewhere but LE has issued a murder warrant for his arrest. LE must know something other than she is just missing to issue that warrant.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Posts made from victim's Twitter after Grapevine murder

Sept 20, 2016

DALLAS -- Video from a Denton bar shows Charles Bryant and Jacqueline Vandagriff leaving with each other the night of Tuesday, Sept. 13, according to Grapevine police.

In the hours surrounding that time, both made posts on social media which are now part of the investigation into Vandagriff's murder.

Two days before he met with Vandagriff at the bar, Bryant posted on Facebook that he was running on the Horseshoe Trail in Grapevine. The trail is just a short distance away from Acorn Woods Park where Vandagriff's dismembered and burning body was found on the morning of Sept. 14 -- the morning after the two were seen leaving the bar at about 11 p.m.

At 10:56 p.m. on the night the two met, Bryant posted on Facebook, "Teach you tricks that will blow your mind."

On Sept. 15, the day after Vandagriff's body was discovered in the park, he posted "Full moon, let's see what trouble I can get into."

Vandagriff's Twitter account also featured posts which could be carefully examined as part of the investigation. The first was made at 8:44 p.m., just two hours before she is said to have left the bar with Bryant. A tweet read "I'm glad I decided to get off tinder and waked (sic) into a bar."

A day after her body was found, a tweet from her account stated, "Never knew I could feel like this."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man held in student's death released from jail days before

Sept 20, 2016

GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- Records show the man charged in the death of a North Texas college student whose body was found dismembered and burned was released from jail just days before the two were seen together.

Charles Dean Bryant, 30, is being held on a $1 million bond on a charge of capital murder in the death of 24-year-old Jacqueline Vandagriff.

Denton County jail records show he was arrested by University of North Texas police on a charge of criminal trespass and released the same day.

A day later he was arrested on a stalking charge and posted bond Sept. 9, four days before he and Vandagriff were at a Denton bar.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kiddie pool used in Grapevine murder; victim's purse found at suspect's home

Sept 20, 2016

GRAPEVINE -- New details are emerging in the capital murder case of a Fort Worth man accused of killing a Texas Woman's University student.

An arrest warrant for Charles Dean Bryant, 30, states that Jacqueline Vandagriff, 24, was found dismembered and set on fire inside a blue kiddie pool in Acorn Woods Park near Grapevine Lake the morning of Sept. 14.

According to her Facebook page, Vandagriff was walking to a bar near her home in Denton the night before. Surveillance cameras show her meeting Bryant and leaving Fry Street Public House with him. The pair goes to Shots and Crafts next, before leaving together at 9:46 p.m.

Police tracked Vandagriff's cell phone and found that it traveled down to 2084 Blue Mound Road in Haslet before the signal was lost at about 1:32 a.m., the warrant states.

Grapevine police learned that Bryant had a protective order out against him by his ex-girlfriend for complaints of harassment and stalking. The suspect's ex-girlfriend told officers that Bryant owned a blue plastic kiddie pool.

Bryant was arrested on Sunday at about 2:30 p.m. on a warrant for violating the protective order out of Denton. While being interviewed, he initially denied leaving the bar with Vandagriff, according to the warrant.

The FBI and police searched Bryant's home at 14017 Sand Hills Drive, near where Vandagriff's cell phone was last pinged. They found a blue kiddie pool similar to the one used in the park, and Vandagriff's purse was found in the trash.

Bryant's roommate told police that he had recently seen two blue kiddie pools in the backyard. It was also discovered that Bryant had purchased a shovel on Sept. 14 just before 5 a.m. at the Walmart in Haslet.

The warrant says evidence was also found in the backyard that someone tried to dig a hole in the ground.

snipped

Arrest warrants were also released Tuesday in regards to the stalking and harassment charges filed by Bryant's ex-girlfriend.

They reveal that the ex called UNT police on Aug. 24, Aug. 31, and Sept. 6 after Bryant showed up to her dorm room and place of work. She told police she was "in fear of" Bryant. He was arrested for criminal trespassing on Sept. 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't find this guy in jail. Maybe he's temporarily in the Grapevine jail...can't search for inmates there.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I still can't find this guy in jail. Maybe he's temporarily in the Grapevine jail...can't search for inmates there.

Yes, he's in the Grapevine jail.

Grapevine Police Department
    Yesterday at 4:06pm ·

On Wednesday, September 14 at approximately 6:30am Grapevine Firefighters responded to a fire in Acorn Woods Park. They discovered a dismembered and burned body. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner performed an autopsy and identified the body as 24-year-old Jacqueline Vandagriff of Frisco. Our officers worked around-the-clock investigating this case in several north Texas cities. Sunday they arrested a suspect in Haslet. 30-year-old Charles Dean Bryant is in our custody charged with Capital Murder, a capital felony. We cannot praise our officers enough in this case. Detectives worked day and night chasing leads and following up on tips. We also want to thank the community for their unwavering support and vigilance, as well as the FBI, Texas Rangers, and Tarrant County District Attorney's office for their assistance.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Surveillance video of murder victim & suspect hours before killing

Published on Sep 21, 2016
    via YouTube Capture

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who Tweeted as a College Student One Day After She Was Found Dead and Dismembered?

09/21/16

Police investigating the slaying and dismemberment of a 24-year-old Texas college student want to know who updated her Twitter page the day after her body was found burned in a park.

A Grapevine, Texas, police spokesman tells PEOPLE investigators are pouring over Vandagriff's social media pages as they try to learn more about the victim. But it's the most recent post to her Twitter account that has them scratching their heads.

"Never knew I could feel like this," reads the tweet that appeared on Vandagriff's page on Sept. 15, one day after her torched corpse was recovered from a kiddie pool in Grapevine's Acorn Woods Park.

"That one tweet came out with a date and timestamp that showed it couldn't have been sent by her," the spokesman says. "We are looking into whether there is some other method as to how it could have been sent, or if someone logged on as her.

Charles Dean Bryant, 30, has been charged with capital murder for allegedly killing student Jacqueline Vandagriff days after he was released from custody in a separate stalking case.

"We don't yet know if Bryant sent it out on behalf of her," the police spokesman says. "We're trying to make sense of that piece of the puzzle."

Police say Bryant and Vandagriff had been seen together in a bar the night before her body was found, but authorities aren't sure if she knew Bryant prior to that evening.

snipped

The police spokesman tells PEOPLE detectives have yet to recover Vandagriff's phone but continue searching for it. Cell phone data indicates that early on the morning of Sept. 14, her phone was somewhere in the vicinity of Bryant's home in Haslet, Texas.

Police have secured video evidence that allegedly shows Bryant buying a shovel at a Wal-Mart hours after he was seen leaving the bar with Vandagriff, whose purse was found in a garbage can in Bryant's home.

The police spokesman declined to release information on Vandagriff's manner of death.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Grapevine murder suspect's criminal history dates back to age 16

Sept 23, 2016

snipped

Court documents out of Washington state reveal Bryant's criminal history began long before these gruesome allegations. We counted at least five brushes with the law in Washington.

The earliest dated back to when Bryant was 16 years old. He was found guilty of marijuana possession as a juvenile.

At 17, in adult court, an assault charge led to a guilty verdict.

And in 2009, he was accused of stealing from a Vancouver, Wash., Macy's, according to a police report. Because he failed to show up to his arraignment in that case, there is now an active warrant for his arrest.

There was also a dismissed charge for theft when he was 17, and a dismissed charge of reckless endangerment in 2008.

"I don't see anything in his criminal record that would indicate any kind of a pattern," said law enforcement expert GM Cox, who works for Tarleton State University.

Cox says in spite of Bryant's past, nothing stands out to him as a sign he'd potentially commit more serious crimes.

"A lot of murders are passion murders," Cox said. "There was no indicator prior. Something ticked, the switch flipped, and they killed someone."

We do know that in recent years and week, Bryant had been in trouble again, this times in Texas. His record includes arrests in Grapevine for forgery and marijuana. Most recently, he was arrested this month in Denton County for stalking an ex-girlfriend.

It's unclear still why his outstanding warrant might not have been addressed then.

As of Thursday, Bryant has been transferred to the Tarrant County Jail from Grapevine. He's still held on a $1 million bond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info. Now, I hope they can nail him to the wall.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info. Now, I hope they can nail him to the wall.
    Just happy that he was arrested so soon after the horrific murder. I just hope young women or any age women think twice about drinking and leaving a bar with a man they just met.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Charles Dean Bryant Arrest Warrant