Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Elizabeth Smart CONFRONTS alleged serial rapist at his home after interviewing one o

Sept 15, 2016

In a powerful segment on Friday's episode of Crime Watch Daily With Chris Hansen, Elizabeth Smart sits down with one of women who claims they were sexually assaulted by an alleged serial rapist - and then confronts the man.

Smart, who was kidnapped from her room at the age of 14 and held captive for months while being repeatedly raped back in 2002, speaks with Lesley Barton, who accused Marc Winner of raping her 15 years ago in Chicago.

Barton went to police six days after the alleged incident, but in the end Winner was only charged with battery and received two-years probation for the incident.

'He has me walk in first, he's behind me so my back's to him, and I head the turn of the lock,' explained Barton while describing the alleged assault, which occurred at tanning salon Winner owned called Soleil.

'And at that whole moment my body cringed. Everything in me just went - it just stopped.'

Barton went on to say: 'And he just squeezes tighter and tighter around my neck as he's using his other hand to pull down my pants. And he raped me.

She later told Smart she felt that she 'no longer existed in that moment' and did not fully come to realize she had allegedly been assaulted until the following day.

Smart then asks Barton how she felt when she learned that Winner was only being charged with battery for the incident, and that sexual assault charges were not being pursued in the wake of her report to police.

'Enraged,' said Barton.

'To be honest, the justice system failed me miserably.'

Barton then tells Smart that Winner 'changed her life forever,' but said she hates admitting that because it gives him 'control and power' over her, which she says he does not have.

In the years after Barton filed her report, at least four more women came forward accusing Winner of rape.

Prosecutors in Chicago claim that Winner has raped as nine women, and he is set to stand trial on four of those cases.

more at link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mark Winner

I have been following this case as it happened here in Chicago. This POS rapist runs into traffic trying to get away from the media. I wish someone would run him over!

So proud of Elizabeth Smart!
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart confronts her worst nightmare by visiting the set of a movie based on her terrifying ordeal and facing the actor playing her abductor

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France