Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kayla May Berg, 15 Year Old Female, Antigo, WI

Kayla May Berg, 15 Year Old Female, Missing August 11, 2009, in Antigo, Wisconsin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Police Say Horrifying Video May Be Connected to Teen Girl Who Vanished in 2009

by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | 3:44 pm, October 11th, 2016

Police in Antigo, Wisconsin say they are investigating the origin of a very disturbing video that may be connected to the cold case disappearance of missing teenager Kayla Berg.

Antigo Police Department

The Antigo Police Department has recently been made of a YouTube video titled: Hi Walter It's Me Patrick Video- I have a new girlfriend. This video was originally posted in October 2009, but has recently gone viral and many believe it is connected to our missing person Kayla Berg.

The Antigo Police Department is actively investigating the origin of this video. If anyone has particular information as to the origin of the video or the identity of the individuals in the video please contact the Antigo Police Department.

Police in Antigo, Wisconsin say they are investigating the origin of a very disturbing video that may be connected to the cold case disappearance of missing teenager Kayla Berg.
    On Monday, the Antigo Police Department published a statement on Facebook confirming that they were looking into the origin of a YouTube video that shows a man discussing his new "girlfriend." The man then opens a locked door and reveals what appears to be a young woman who is tied up inside a dark room, screaming for help.

WARNING — This video is incredibly disturbing and may be difficult for some to watch.

Kayla Berg was 15-year-old when she went missing in August of 2009 and the video first appeared online two months later, in October 2009.

According to WAOW Channel 9, Berg’s [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] may be her missing daughter.

"[It] sounded like her, looked like her, it gave me chills," the mother told WAOW. "Disturbing. "It made me sick to my stomach . . . I pray to God it’s not [her]."

The mother also said the young woman appeared to be dressed in similar clothing to what Kayla would have been wearing at the time she went missing.

Antigo Police Chief Eric Roller also told the news station that the young woman in the video does appear to resemble Berg.

I haven't watched the video yet, sort of afraid too... I pray that whoever this young woman is they find her.

OMG, ETA: Just watched the video, now I'm praying this is a prank!
    Last edited by Aubrey; 10-11-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you can identify this person contact the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 715-627-6411

Courtesy of Facebook

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That is just terrifying, I sure hope it's a prank and not Kayla. Oct is Halloween so I'm praying it is just a Halloween prank.

So happy this video has been discovered and LE is looking into it, just in case.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That is just terrifying, I sure hope it's a prank and not Kayla. Oct is Halloween so I'm praying it is just a Halloween prank.

So happy this video has been discovered and LE is looking into it, just in case.

Hoping you're right Kitty, makes me feel awful for her mother & family members who have viewed video, stuff nightmares are made of...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hoping you're right Kitty, makes me feel awful for her mother & family members who have viewed video, stuff nightmares are made of...
    I just couldn't imagine being her mother and seeing this....heartbreaking.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I just couldn't imagine being her mother and seeing this....heartbreaking.
    IKWYM, I'm not sure I would have courage enough to watch it if I thought it was my child.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disturbing video showing girl bound in a basement may show kidnap victim missing since 2009

Oct 11, 2016

Authorities in Wisconsin are asking for public help to determine the origin of a disturbing video posted online in 2009 that some believe may be connected to a missing person.

The video shows a man talking to the camera about his new girlfriend, then shows a female, apparently bound, in a small bathroom crying.

Fifteen-year-old Kayla Berg, of Antigo, vanished a couple of months before the video was posted in 2009.

Police say she had been dropped off by an acquaintance in Wausau. Berg's mother, Hope Sprenger, told WAOW-TV in Wausau that she watched the video.

It 'sounded like her, looked like her. It gave me chills,' Sprenger said. 'Disturbing. It made me sick to my stomach.'

Antigo Police Chief Eric Roller told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he was recently made aware of the video through a citizen tip, although it was posted seven years ago.

'There are some similarities. It could be real and it could be staged. We have to take it seriously,' Roller said.

The video had about 940,000 views on YouTube before it was taken down Tuesday.

'The positive thing is getting Kayla's name back out there. The negative is that the family has to relive another lead,' that may not pan out, Roller said.

snippped

Antigo police have forwarded the video to the FBI, which has long been involved in the case and has offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to Berg or an arrest.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    IKWYM, I'm not sure I would have courage enough to watch it if I thought it was my child.
    I have never been in a situation like that but I think if I had the chance to find out what happened to my daughter I think I would view it, even though it would be so extremely hard.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mysterious YouTube Video Could Show Teen Girl Who Disappeared In 2009

Oct 11, 2016

A YouTube video that shows a girl tied up and pleading with her captor is being investigated by Wisconsin police who believe she might be a teen who went missing in 2009.

Kayla Berg, 15, went missing that year in August after she visited her best friend at a McDonald’s in Antigo before getting a ride from her brother’s friend to Wausau to visit her boyfriend. She was never seen again.

snipped

On the night of her disappearance, Kayla didn’t have a cell phone, so her whereabouts could not be tracked. And the initial investigation was hampered by the fact that she wasn’t reported missing until six days later, apparently due to miscommunication between her parents.

If the girl in the video is Kayla, it would be a major break in a case that has otherwise given police little to go on.

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This case is local for me and has been all over the news again since the discovery of the youtube video. My God, how awful .

The local talk since she disappeared is that both LE and Kayla's mom suspect that her boyfriend was involved (she was last seen being dropped off at his house), but he has not officially been named as a POI. The person on that video is not the boyfriend, though.

IMO the girl in the video looks very much like Kayla - the eyes/eyebrows and hair/hairline, overall size. Her mom must be so upset .

Whether the video is real or not and whether it's Kayla or not, I just hope LE can figure it all out. Somebody has to recognize that person talking...I hope they do the right thing and call LE.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Viral video is fake, has no connection to disappearance of Kayla Berg

Oct 12, 2016

UPDATE: A viral video that police thought was connected to the disappearance of Kayla Berg is fake, Antigo Police said Tuesday night.

The police department posted this note to the public just before midnight on Tuesday.

Antigo Police Department
    8 hours ago

The Antigo Police Department has been investigating the Hi Walter, its Patrick, I have a new girlfriend video that was on youtube.com. The Antigo Police with the help of another law enforcement agency has been able to identify that this video is 100% fake and was a video that was produced to be placed on youtube.com. The Antigo Police Department has identified the video producer/camera man, actor and actress in the video. THIS VIDEO HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE DISAPPEARANCE OF KAYLA BERG.

Thank you to everyone for their assistance in this investigation

more at link

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Viral video is fake, has no connection to disappearance of Kayla Berg

Oct 12, 2016

UPDATE: A viral video that police thought was connected to the disappearance of Kayla Berg is fake, Antigo Police said Tuesday night.

The police department posted this note to the public just before midnight on Tuesday.

Antigo Police Department
    8 hours ago

The Antigo Police Department has been investigating the Hi Walter, its Patrick, I have a new girlfriend video that was on youtube.com. The Antigo Police with the help of another law enforcement agency has been able to identify that this video is 100% fake and was a video that was produced to be placed on youtube.com. The Antigo Police Department has identified the video producer/camera man, actor and actress in the video. THIS VIDEO HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE DISAPPEARANCE OF KAYLA BERG.

Thank you to everyone for their assistance in this investigation

more at link

Thanks for the update, kudos to LE for taking care of this quickly. Hopefully the attention the video has brought to Kayla Berg will help solve her case.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, kudos to LE for taking care of this quickly. Hopefully the attention the video has brought to Kayla Berg will help solve her case.
    Yes, great job by LE. I thought it was fake, it looked like acting but you never know. If you notice the girl didn't scream until the bathroom door was opened, that tipped me off.

Yes, it is good that new attention has been brought to the disappearance of Kayla.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing Teen's Mother Remains Hopeful

Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:40 a.m. CDT

ANTIGO, WI (WSAU-WAOW) The mother of missing Antigo teen Kayla Berg said this week has been an emotional roller-coaster after a potential lead into her daughter's whereabouts was proven to be false.

Berg disappeared seven years ago. This week, a disturbing YouTube video gained national attention, with what appeared to be a woman tied up in a bathroom. Many people online said the woman resembled Berg. On Tuesday, police confirmed the video was fake and made by a production crew on the East Coast.

Antigo police chief Eric Roller says detectives interviewed the makers of that video from 2009. He said they had no idea that their video was part of a missing persons investigation, and that they were in no way involved.

"I don't understand how they can allow stuff on the web like that," Berg's mother Hope Sprenger told WAOW NewsLine Nine. "I don't know how else to describe it, disturbing, horrifying, sickening."

SNIP

Sprenger said despite the video being fake, the attention it has received could help in the search for her daughter.

"The one little glimmer in all of this is that it has gotten Kayla national attention," She said. "Very overwhelming but something I've wanted for 7 years and it helps keep that hope alive."

My heart goes out to Ms. Sprenger, praying her daughter Kayla case is solved