Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Billy Bush is out at 'Today'

Billy Bush is out at 'Today'
    7 hrs ago

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Billy Bush has been cut from NBC's Today show for his role in Donald Trump's lewd talk about women in a 2005 hot-mic tape. Settlement details were not immediately disclosed.

The end came Monday afternoon after the network spent over a week negotiating the terms of departure with Bush and his crisis lawyer, which followed internal discussion about whether to punish him and how.

Hours prior, a CNN interview with Melania Trump was released in which she said Bush "egged on" Trump in the tape. She said Bush and Trump were engaged in "boy talk" and that Trump was "led on, like egged on, from the host to say dirty and bad stuff."

A note went out to NBC staff from executive producer Noah Oppenheim on Monday, announcing that "Billy Bush will be leaving the TODAY show’s 9am hour, effective today. While he was a new member of the TODAY team, he was a valued colleague and longtime member of the broader NBC family. We wish him success as he goes forward."

Bush released his own statement. "I am deeply grateful for the conversations I’ve had with my daughters, and for all of the support from family, friends and colleagues. I look forward to what lies ahead," he said.

The separation agreement with NBC includes no non-compete clause, meaning Bush is free to seek work elsewhere right away, reports the Associated Press, citing an unnamed source. No other details about the terms were immediately available.

Thus ends Bush's abbreviated time at Today, NBC's beleaguered morning show, where Bush was promoted to co-host the third hour only this summer, after 12 years as an anchor on NBC's entertainment-news show, Access Hollywood.

Bush's fate hinged on what he knew about Trump's toxic tape, when he knew it and whether and when he told his new bosses at NBC News about it as soon as Trump declared he was running for the GOP nomination for president.

Bush, 45, could not have been indifferent to the ground-changing impact of the tape in presidential politics: He's the nephew of former President George H.W. Bush and cousin to former President George W. Bush and his brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who was trashed and then trounced by Trump in the GOP primary.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Billy Bush Reportedly Selling Chelsea Townhouse and Moving Back to L.A.
    5hours

New York City can be an epic story. A decades-long love affair that changes and hardens, scares and inspires, illuminates and drives mad. Or it can be a short little tale, a quick glint, a glimpse, a bit of city light that gleams and disappears. Turns out it’s the latter case for one William Hall “Billy” Bush, the disgraced television broadcaster who has exited his job at NBC’s Today show after less than two months, following a scandal in which old audio surfaced of Bush egging on Donald Trump while the future presidential candidate made lewd jokes.

Page Six reports that Bush had bought a big place in Chelsea that he was going to renovate and move his family into, but now, after such a short time, it’s back on the market, and Bush has returned to L.A.

It’s not a sad story, really—Bush comes across very badly on that tape. But it’s such a fast, Icarian fall from grace that it does produce a sense of awe. To pack up one’s life and move all the way across the country, to buy a home and begin the painstaking work of making it your own, and then to have it all crumble beneath your feet just weeks later? It’s quite a thing! At least Bush’s wife and children don’t seem to have made the trip yet—per Page Six—so their lives aren’t disrupted too much. No doubt there’s some emotional disruption, but they hadn’t physically moved yet, so at least there’s that.

Who will buy the house? Bush was reportedly living in a different apartment while the renovations got under way, so it’s not like there could be much of a stain on the place or anything. In the grand scheme of time, it was hardly ever Bush’s house at all. So it will likely pass on unblemished, just another ship on the great narrative sea of New York real estate. Maybe one of you will buy it. Maybe the broker will never even tell you that it was Billy Bush’s place, just a “very motivated seller who had to return to California unexpectedly.” And pretty soon no one will remember that the house was ever his, that the once-bright future of Billy Bush briefly filled those rooms.

Meanwhile, Bush has been spotted back in L.A. Page Six tells us he was recently at the Tower Bar in the Sunset Tower hotel on Sunset Boulevard, spotted sitting outdoors with six friends. Which is rather perfect. That’s a classic place, with sprawling views of Los Angeles, laid out in the basin like a vast field of light. It’s a good spot to be contemplative in, to consider the idea of home, to make you fall in love with L.A.—for the first time, or again. Maybe that’s what Billy Bush needs, a reminder that he’s happy to be back. (Other than his family, of course.) A symbol of L.A.’s beauty and possibility.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Billy Bush Says His Infamous Trump Tape Brought His 16-Year-Old Daughter to*Tears
    May 22, 2017 at 8:08am EDT

Billy Bush opened up about his teenaged daughter’s reaction to his leaked Access Hollywood tape*on ABC’s*Good Morning America,*in an interview that will air in full on Tuesday.
    In his first televised*interview*since the tape was leaked back in October, the former Today show co-host told ABC News’*Robin Roberts the 2005 conversation — in which listeners hear Donald Trump tell Bush, “And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p—y. You can do anything,” while onboard an Access Hollywood bus *— brought his 16-year-old daughter to tears.
    “She was really upset, and I said, ‘Mary, it’s, it’s, going to be OK. You know, don’t worry,’ ” Bush, who was*fired from Today*several days after the tape’s release said. “And she said, ‘No. Why were you laughing at the things that he was saying on that bus? Why were you playing along with it, Dad? It wasn’t funny.’

In an interview with*The Hollywood Reporter*for their*May 24 issue, Bush, 45, said he still has no idea who leaked the tape, but that he “would have welcomed addressing the audience” about the remarks made before his firing from Today. He also claimed he’s only seen the tape three times — once, three days before the news broke and twice more before his interview with*THR.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this guy is pathetic and I hope he's not going to be back on the air.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Billy Bush Says His Infamous Trump Tape Brought His 16-Year-Old Daughter to*Tears
    May 22, 2017 at 8:08am EDT

Billy Bush opened up about his teenaged daughter’s reaction to his leaked Access Hollywood tape*on ABC’s*Good Morning America,*in an interview that will air in full on Tuesday.
    In his first televised*interview*since the tape was leaked back in October, the former Today show co-host told ABC News’*Robin Roberts the 2005 conversation — in which listeners hear Donald Trump tell Bush, “And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p—y. You can do anything,” while onboard an Access Hollywood bus *— brought his 16-year-old daughter to tears.
    “She was really upset, and I said, ‘Mary, it’s, it’s, going to be OK. You know, don’t worry,’ ” Bush, who was*fired from Today*several days after the tape’s release said. “And she said, ‘No. Why were you laughing at the things that he was saying on that bus? Why were you playing along with it, Dad? It wasn’t funny.’

In an interview with*The Hollywood Reporter*for their*May 24 issue, Bush, 45, said he still has no idea who leaked the tape, but that he “would have welcomed addressing the audience” about the remarks made before his firing from Today. He also claimed he’s only seen the tape three times — once, three days before the news broke and twice more before his interview with*THR.
    Sunny, this is just my opinion, but I don't like him mentioning his 16 year old daughter. Leave the kids out of public conversations like this and handle it at home. I think he is just using this to further dialogue and try to 'clear' his name.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetC [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Sunny, this is just my opinion, but I don't like him mentioning his 16 year old daughter. Leave the kids out of public conversations like this and handle it at home. I think he is just using this to further dialogue and try to 'clear' his name.
    Hi SweetC
    That is the way I feel Too he wants people to feel sorry for him so he can find a job again. I don't feel sorry for him one bit it got ratings he is a coward IMO

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Billy Bush, wife Sydney Davis separate after nearly 20 years of marriage

Sept 19, 2017

Billy Bush's bad year isn't quite over.

Some 11 months after the leak of the infamous 2005 Access Hollywood interview with Donald Trump that cost him his job on NBC's Today Show, the TV personality and his wife Sydney Davis have separated.

"After almost 20 years of marriage, they have separated for the moment to evaluate their life together. They love each other and their children deeply and are committed to a bright future," his publicist Jill Fritzo confirmed to USA TODAY.

The couple has three daughters together.

In a May interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Bush, 45, recalled the painful moment when his 15-year-old called from boarding school to ask why he laughed at then-presidential candidate Donald Trump's vulgar comments about women, including his then co-worker Nancy O'Dell.

"It hit really hard," he told THR, "and I stopped for a second, and I said, 'I have no answer for that that's any good. I am really sorry. That was Dad in a bad moment a long time ago. You know me. I am really sorry that you had to hear and see that.'"

He added, "Looking back on what was said on that bus, I wish I had changed the topic. I didn't have the strength of character to do it."

more at link

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France