Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Not sure what Robert's downstairs neighbor does for a living, but this guy should consider going into investigation field, perform surveillance!
    Yes, he is a very good witness and very detailed.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yes, he is a very good witness and very detailed.
    He sure is, the part about Robert's mattress pad in the dryer and clothing in the washing machine, stood out to me, this guy knew something was up. IMO
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He sure is, the part about Robert's mattress pad in the dryer and clothing in the washing machine, stood out to me, this guy knew something was up. IMO
    Very, very glad that he took such great notes and watched everything Robert was doing. Yes, he knew something was very wrong. Very big help to LE in bringing about RF's arrest.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Todd Unger WFAA
    33 mins ·

Instead of flowers, family of #zuzuverk asks for donations to these biology causes:

Zuzu Verk Memorial Scholarship Fund in Natural Resource Management
    C/O SRSU Office of External Affairs
    PO Box C-114
    Alpine, TX 79832

Borderlands Research Institute for Natural Resource Management
    Louis A. Harveson, Ph.D.
    Dan Allen Hughes, Jr. Endowed Director
    P.O. Box C-21
    Sul Ross State University
    Alpine, TX 79832

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dollar General in Alpine closes at midnight. Opens at 7 am. #ZuzuVerk

Admin
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Totally agree about the neighbor, good on him for being so observant (his gf, too)!

I think we can all read between the lines (lies?) here. I sure hope the jury feels the same way!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mother of Slain Texas College Student Says Arrested Boyfriend Was ‘Manipulative’ and ‘Vain’

Feb 8, 2017

Days after their daughter’s body was found in a shallow grave six miles from her West Texas home, the family of Zuzu Verk says they knew her relationship with her boyfriend was volatile — but that they didn’t expect it to end in death.

Zuzu, a 21-year-old conservation biology student at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, was reported missing in October before her remains were recently identified. Her boyfriend, Robert Fabian, has been identified by police as the main suspect in her death.

Speaking with PEOPLE, Lori Verk says her daughter broke up with Fabian several times in the months leading up to her death.

“Zuzu shared with me and many other people months ago that she knew she was not in love with Robert,” Lori says.

“She did try to break up with him several times but she continued to be talked back into the relationship,” Lori says, characterizing Fabian as “manipulative.”

From the moment they met, Lori didn’t approve of Fabian.

“I didn’t like him, I never liked him,” she says. “He was very arrogant, vain, very selfish [and] I didn’t like the way he treated my daughter.”

snipped

Glenn Verk, Zuzu’s father, tells PEOPLE his daughter and Fabian met last year on a night out in Alpine. Zuzu, a Keller native, was attracted to Fabian’s fun, active social life.

However, she knew the relationship wasn’t going to last, her mother says.

“Zuzu said, ‘Mom I knew I’m not going to spend the rest of my life with this guy,'” Lori tells PEOPLE.

Glenn said his daughter and Fabian had a “relationship out of convenience.”

snipped

Days before she went missing, Glenn tells PEOPLE, Zuzu applied to Texas A&M University for her senior year. While she was missing, Zuzu received her acceptance letter in the mail.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Copy of the Arrest Affidavits

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Robert Fabian's attorney speaks out following his arrest

Feb 7, 2017

ALPINE -- After four long months police now have their two main suspects in custody.

Both Robert Fabian and Chris Estrada are facing charges of tampering with physical evidence by concealing a human corpse.

Now the question is whether or not members of Robert’s family will be arrested next.

Although our interview with Robert’s Attorney Liz Rogers was short, she wants to make it clear that she will not be trying this case in the court of public opinion and will wait for their day for a fair trial.

snipped

“We have specific timelines about what happened and we have ideas about what happened,” said Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown. “We’ve pieced all that together, but it’s something that we can’t disclose at this time because of the investigation and we still have a lot more work to do that area.”

But there’s at least one person who’s still questioning that evidence -- Robert’s attorney Liz Rogers.

“I think lots of people can swear to follow the law, and not do anything illegal, but no one can promise they won’t get accused,” said Rogers.

It’s not just Robert and Chris being accused, Police Chief Scown said more arrests will be coming, and the only three people left as persons of interest are Robert’s mom, sister and brother-in-law.

“The sixth amendment, right to council, is embedded in our constitution from the early days and the founders were wise to put it there,” said Rogers. “I’m proud to represent Robert Fabian and his family.”

Despite what Rogers believes, the sheriff and police chief are determined to get justice for Zuzu.

“I want to make sure they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Miles.

Sheriff Dodson and Police Chief Scown’s goals are to now figure out why and how Zuzu was killed.

They hope to have some of those answers once Chris Estrada is extradited back to Alpine.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Chris Estrada expected in Alpine today

Monday, February 13th 2017, 10:01 am PSTMonday, February 13th 2017, 10:02 am PST

ALPINE, TX (KWES) - Authorities have confirmed that Chris Estrada will be returning to Alpine today after waiving his extradition in Arizona.

Estrada, along with his friend Robert Fabian, are both charged with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a corpse.

Fabian was the on again, off again boyfriend of Sul Ross State University student Zuzu Verk.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bond for Chris Estrada set at $500,000

Feb 14, 2017

BREWSTER COUNTY -- The bond for Chris Estrada has been set at $500,000 following his return to Texas.

According to Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson, Estrada was transported from the Presidio County Jail to Brewster County Tuesday morning.

There, he met with a judge who set the bond.

If Estrada makes bond he will have several conditions, including reporting daily to the Brewster County Sheriff's Office and surrendering his passport.

Estrada was then transported back to the Presidio County Jail, where he is being kept to be separated from Robert Fabian, Sheriff Dodson tells CBS 7.

Admin
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I really hope he doesn't make bail.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hearing reveals state’s intention to bring a more serious charge against Robert Fabian in Zuzu Verk case

Posted: Fri 7:04 PM, Mar 10, 2017

BREWSTER COUNTY --It took just 15 minutes for Judge Roy Ferguson to grant Robert Fabian a significant bond reduction in his charge related to the disappearance and death of Sul Ross student Zuzu Verk.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]the bond for Fabian was reduced from $500,000 to $175,000. He will also be allowed to live in El Paso while wearing an ankle monitor.

During the court proceeding, Assistant Attorney General Geoff Barr told the court that the state plans to return to the grand jury to present additional evidence and potential new charges against Fabian.

"It’s likely, yes, Your Honor," Barr said.

Judge Ferguson asked for the degree of the charge Fabian could face – he currently faces a second degree felony charge.

"There is a potential for a first degree charge.." Barr said, later asking not to reduce the bond. "When we look at the safety
    of the community, Your Honor, the only thing I can add is that his conduct offends just the basic notions in human dignity, reflects his sheer disregard and respect for the value of human life."

The last thing I wanted to see, ugh!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bond for Robert Fabian reduced to $175K

Friday, March 10th 2017, 2:57 pm PST

ALPINE, TX (KWES) - A bond reduction hearing for Robert Fabian was held Friday morning in Alpine.

Bond for Fabian was previously set at $500,000 but has been reduced to $175,000.

Fabian is charged with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a corpse.

SNIP

No word yet if any additional charges will be filed in connection with the Verk investigation.

If bond is met Fabian will have to report to adult probation every other Friday and he has to purchase his own ankle monitor.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NO, NO, NO!!! Fabian's bond should of never been reduced! I just don't get these judges.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    NO, NO, NO!!! Fabian's bond should of never been reduced! I just don't get these judges.
    Grrr, I agree, made me so damn mad and disgusted when I saw this news

Admin
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's a huge flight risk, ankle monitor or no ankle monitor IMO. What are they thinking!?!?!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand it either.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Robert Fabian indicted for Murder, bond set at $750,000

Updated: Fri 11:56 AM, Mar 17, 2017

ALPINE -- UPDATE: A grand jury has indicted Robert Fabian with murder in connection with the Zuzu Verk case, according to court documents.

The bond for Fabian has been set at $750,000.

Together with his bond for tampering with evidence Fabian has a total bond of $925,000.

---
    A grand jury has reconvened in the case of Robert Fabian, one of two suspects charged in connection with the Zuzu Verk case.

According to Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson the grand jury will start again Friday at 8:00 am.

Grand Jury proceedings are not generally made public unless there is an indictment.

CBS 7 reported that a bond reduction hearing was held for Robert Fabian, where his bond was reduced from $500,000 to $175,000.

During the hearing Assistant Attorney General Geoff Barr told the judge that a more serious charge may be brought by the Grand Jury.

Robert Fabian, the former boyfriend of Verk, was arrested on a warrant for tampering with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a human corpse.

Fabian has been a suspect in the case of the disappearance of Verk since late October.

Good, now let's do the same for the rest that are involved!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great news!

I thought LE said there may be more arrests coming....mommie dearest and sister.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great news!

I thought LE said there may be more arrests coming....mommie dearest and sister.
    Yep, I think so too, along with Chris Estrada...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yep, I think so too, along with Chris Estrada...
    Chris Estrada was arrested already, for Zuzu's murder, he's in jail.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Chris Estrada was arrested already, for Zuzu's murder, he's in jail.
    Wasn't he arrested for helping hide Zuzu's body?

Admin
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yay, long time coming!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1hDeAnn Lopez‏*@DeAnnCBS7

BREAKING: Chris Estrada formally indicted in #ZuzuVerk case. #Alpine @CBS7News

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    57mCBS 7‏*@CBS7News

Indictment: Estrada buried Zuzu Verk's body, helped hide linens and phone. @DeAnnCBS7 #CBS7

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    42mRoxana Rubio‏*@RoxanaRubioNW9

Brewster Co. Sheriff says trial is next step and they expect lots of pretrails. Says it could take up to 18 months. #ZuzuVerk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1hDeAnn Lopez‏*@DeAnnCBS7

BREAKING: Chris Estrada formally indicted in #ZuzuVerk case. #Alpine @CBS7News
    Boy I bet he offers to talk and talk to get a good deal....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    West Texas Man Accused of Concealing Zuzu Verk's Body Gets Reduced Bond

May. 24, 2017 3:19 pm

ALPINE, TX — Bond has been reduced for Chris Estrada, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]by moving a human corpse of a female Sul Ross college student. Estrada faces a second count of Tampering with Evidence as well. According to the Alpine Police Department, Estrada’s bond for the first count of Tampering with Evidence has been reduced to $175,000. Bond for the second charge of Tampering with Evidence was reduced to $50,000.

Estrada is accused of helping Robert Fabian bury the body of Fabian’s girlfriend, Zuzu Verk, in a shallow grave in Brewster County. At the time of her death, Verk was a 21-year-old student at Sul Ross State University.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Attorney: Estrada will plead not guilty in Zuzu Verk case

Wed 6:15 PM, May 24, 2017

ALPINE -- UPDATE: Chris Estrada's attorney says he will be pleading not guilty to his charges in the Zuzu Verk case.

The attorney out of El Paso tells CBS 7 that they are currently working to post Estrada's bond but that it most likely will not be done by the end of Wednesday.

---

The bond has been reduced for a suspect in the case of Zuzu Verk.

According to the Brewster County Sheriff's Office, a bond reduction hearing was held in Alpine on Wednesday for Chris Estrada.

Estrada was indicted for two counts in March: Tampering with Physical Evidence/Corpse, and Tampering with Evidence. He was initially held on a $500,000 bond for both counts.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678