Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Found Deceased: Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10 year old female, Bullard, TX

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Texas - An Amber Alert is in effect for a 10-year-old girl who was last seen in northeast Texas.

Kayla Gomez was last seen in Bullard, south of Tyler in Cherokee County. She was wearing a black jacket, a peach-colored skirt and a jog shirt.

Investigators believe Kayla could be with someone driving a red Cadillac SRX SUV.

Police believe she is in grave danger.

They have not released any license plate information.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by mykittysmama; 11-06-2016 at 12:45 AM.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am on my phone and can't post this, here is the link. Thank you!

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    snipped

Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell said the Gomez family is cooperating with the investigation. "The family seems to be a very good, hard-working religious family with no problems. The little girl (is) a sweet little girl."

Campbell said it's the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear. "(She's) just as cute as she could be. She seems to be just a very normal young lady. We have no reason as to why she would have been abducted, if she was."

He encouraged families to watch their children. "If it could happen in Bullard, it could happen anywhere."

Search dogs have been walking the perimeter set up around the church and the FBI is sending support from its field office in Dallas. Texas Department of Transportation electronic message boards are displaying information about the alert on roadways across the region, including along Interstate 20.

Officials with Bullard Independent School District have confirmed that Kayla was not a student at BISD.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

courtesy of twitter

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can't believe someone just came into the church and took Kayla. This is just horrible. Prayers that Kayla is found safe and soon.

They have no idea who took her, no description of the person.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    East Texans unite to pray for missing child Kayla Gomez-Orozco

11/02/2016

BULLARD, TX (KLTV) -

All day, people have been meeting and praying that Kayla Gomez-Orozco is found safe. In Bullard tonight, community members have set a vigil to pray for Kayla's safety and safe return.

"A lot of mixed emotions for a small community like ours. Shock … is one of the main things,” Bullard City Manager Jay Abercrombie said.

Wednesday night, people in Bullard are gathering to try to understand how this could have happened.

"The churches in our community are suspending their Wednesday night activities,” First Baptist Church of Bullard Pastor Scott Brown said.

Instead, churches in Bullard will gather outside city hall in a joint prayer vigil …

"We're gonna pray for little Kayla Gomez,” Brown said.

In Tyler this afternoon, families gathered to pray and process her disappearance. Community members met in the driveway of the Boerger family, who live next door to Kayla.

"I think all children are precious, and it hurts when it's really close to home,” Marissa Boerger said.

Boerger's sons go to school with Kayla.

"They still have a young mindset, so they we're concerned she wasn't going to get her homework done on time because she's missing,” Boerger added. “so that was really difficult as a mom to see them process that.”

more at link

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Andrea Martinez ‏@KYTXAndrea 2h2 hours ago Tyler, TX

#KaylaGomez's mother and elementary school teacher embrace during prayer session. Teacher: "I love her so much." @kytxcbs19

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Natalie Solis
    ‏@Fox4Natalie

.@FBI Dallas: They've interviewed everyone who was at prayer group with Kayla's mother. Red Cadillac is no longer of interest @FOX4

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brittany Jeffers Verified account ‏@BrittJeffersCBS 3h3 hours ago

This is the last place Kayla Gomez-Orozco was seen in Bullard. An Amber Alert was issued for her around midnight. Details on @CBSDFW at 10

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

courtesy of twitter

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a beautiful little girl. I can only imagine the anguish Kayla's family is going through .

I hope against hope that she's found safe and soon.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dionne Anglin ‏@DAnglinFox4 53m53 minutes ago Dallas, TX

LATEST-- Cherokee Co Sheriffs officials just told me: NO NEW UPDATES in the search to find 10-year old Kayla Gomez.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FBI Asks For Community’s Help Finding Missing Child

Nove 2, 2016

TYLER (CBSDFW.COM) – After a lead on possible vehicle information turned out false, the FBI made another plea to the public to help find a missing East Texas girl. Kayla Gomez Orozco, 10, disappeared from her mother’s church Tuesday night.

Family members tell us she was playing in the lobby of the Bullard First Assembly Church while her mother was inside the main area of the church for a prayer service. It was around 7:30 p.m. when her family realized she was missing, and an Amber Alert was issued a few hours later.

The local sheriff is now also getting help from the FBI, the Texas Rangers, the U.S. Marshalls, and other local law enforcement. At this point the FBI said it’s considered a missing person case, but they are investigating the possibility she was kidnapped. Kayla’s older brother Chris Gomez is convinced someone took her.

more at link

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Family of missing East Texas girl: 'She's everything we have'

Nov 2, 2016

TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

Kayla Gomez-Orozco’s family members are speaking out about her disappearance, desperate to figure out what could have happened.

They tell us that they want their little girl home safe, whatever it takes.

Gomez-Orozco’s brother, Kenneth Gomez, is searching for answers.

"She's everything we have and this is devastating for us. It's horrible; we don't have a clue what happened with her," says Gomez.

Gomez wants to know anything that will help lead him to his little sister.

"We're even more frustrated because we can't explain it, it was just out of the blue," says Gomez.

Family members say Gomez-Orozco went to the Bullard First Assembly church with her mother. Prayer service had just ended and Gomez-Orozco was sitting in the lobby for a few minutes. First with a girl, but after she left, Gomez-Orozco was alone.

Gomez-Orozco’s uncle, Isaias Garcia, told us what happened next,

"It was five to ten minutes that the mom and the church members were talking and when they turned around to check, she wasn't sitting there anymore," says Garcia.

Garcia says those there searched everywhere they could before calling police.

"We can't believe that they could take a girl from a church.

Garcia says they are now hoping for the best.

snipped

Gomez-Orozco’s family says they don't think she wandered off. They say she would never do something like that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's getting where you and your family aren't safe anywhere, not even church.

Praying Kayla is found safe and soon.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 11-03-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Day 2: FBI following leads in case of missing East Texas girl

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 6:31 am PDT-Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 7:00 am PDT

SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - The search for a missing East Texas girl continues into its second day Thursday.

Officials at the FBI command post at the First Baptist Church of Bullard say there are still a lot of leads to go through, and that nothing new in the search has developed overnight.

An Amber alert was issued on Wednesday for 10-year-old, Kayla Gomez-Orozco after she went missing around 8 p.m. Tuesday, from the Bullard First Assembly located on U.S. Highway 69.

Gomez-Orozco is described as a Hispanic female with black hair and brown eyes, 4 feet tall and weighing 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black Racquet & Jog t-shirt and a peach skirt.

SNIP

During a Wednesday afternoon press conference, FBI Senior Special Agent Thomas Class, Sr. said Kayla is considered a missing person but, that officials have not ruled out a possible abduction. He also called on the public for assistance, asking anyone with information to contact the FBI tipline at 972-559-5711.

Hundreds of people from around East Texas gathered at Bullard City Hall to pray for Kayla's safe return Wednesday night.

A Facebook page called, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has been set up for those who would like to share information about Kayla onto their personal Facebook pages.

The FBI's public information officer said Thursday morning, they are bringing in a fresh crew from the Dallas bureau to continue the investigation. She says they will have a briefing with all the team members when they arrive.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of a story about my granddaughter when she was around 9 years old. She thought everyone was her and her family friends; church, grocery store, including the mailman. We explained to her NO they are not friends, we know them, they are acquaintances only and she should never go off with them or except a ride with them.

I'm hoping this is not the case with Kayla, but it could be, she was in church a safe place or so you would think. She knows people by sight, their friendly to her and her family, so she wouldn't think they're a threat to her kwim?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Reminds me of a story about my granddaughter when she was around 9 years old. She thought everyone was her and her family friends; church, grocery store, including the mailman. We explained to her NO they are not friends, we know them, they are acquaintances only and she should never go off with them or except a ride with them.

I'm hoping this is not the case with Kayla, but it could be, she was in church a safe place or so you would think. She knows people by sight, their friendly to her and her family, so she wouldn't think they're a threat to her kwim?
    It seems she just disappeared into thin air. I am wondering if she went outside the church when her mom was talking to others? Waiting for her mom outside and she got into a car with someone she "knew" from the church? In the pic I posted yesterday of the church, it looks like it is by itself, not surrounded by homes, but it is hard to tell.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    It seems she just disappeared into thin air. I am wondering if she went outside the church when her mom was talking to others? Waiting for her mom outside and she got into a car with someone she "knew" from the church? In the pic I posted yesterday of the church, it looks like it is by itself, not surrounded by homes, but it is hard to tell.
    BBM, that's what I'm thinking, it's a real possibility. Thanks for the picture of church, one story, wonder if it has a basement? I'm pretty sure LE searched church from top to bottom.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bullard First Assembly located on U.S. Highway 69, Bullard, TX

Wow, out in the middle of nowhere...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Michael Aaron ‏@michaelfaaron 29m29 minutes ago

Cherokee Co & FBI investigators on-scene Taco El Conquistador, next door to church where Kayla Gomez-Orozco went missing @kytxcbs19

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    KYTX CBS19 Verified account ‏@kytxcbs19 43s43 seconds ago

Police and FBI presence at restaurant next door to church where Kayla Gomez-Orozco last seen

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Taco El Conquistador
    51825 U.S. 69, Bullard, TX 75757

2 minutes from the church.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I asked reporter how close the restaurant was to the church and if there are homes or other businesses close by, this is what he said.

[QUOTE its the closest home/ business to the church. Others nearby but all kind of spread out. Hard to give context w/ pic][/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Michael Aaron ‏@michaelfaaron 19m19 minutes ago

Sheriff James Campbell clarifies that investigators are "just working a burglary" at El Conquistador.

Campbell did not say whether they think there is any connection. When asked, said "just working a burglary."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The restaurant was robbed last night.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I asked him if it was an isolated area where the church is.

His reply

not really. Just on the outskirts of town -- prob 100 yards or so separating the businesses.
    He also told me

I'll try to take a video if I go back in that direction

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here's a better picture.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FBI continues search for missing girl near church

Nov 3, 2016

snipped

Kayla and her mother attended a prayer service at Bullard First Assembly Tuesday evening. About 7:45 p.m., when the prayer service was finished, Kayla went to sit in the lobby. Family members say her mom was speaking with people for five to 10 minutes, and when they turned around, Kayla wasn't there.

Family members say they thought she had gone to play or to the restroom or somewhere else, but she was nowhere to be found. That's when they called police. Law enforcement officials believe the child to be in grave or immediate danger.

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the updates/pics and info from the reporter, Kitty!

As Aubrey mentioned, I have to wonder if Kayla went anywhere other than the lobby of the church or had any interaction with someone she 'knew'.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast