Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people would rather the incident hadn't happened. The immediate reaction was that the parents should have kept a better eye on the child but in reality no one can watch a child for every minute. And you can easily see that the barrier isn't so great.

I'm sad at the loss of Harambe's life but glad the little boy is safe. I think at the time the zoo officials didn't feel they had any other choice but to shoot Harambe to protect the boy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I think most people would rather the incident hadn't happened. The immediate reaction was that the parents should have kept a better eye on the child but in reality no one can watch a child for every minute. And you can easily see that the barrier isn't so great.

I'm sad at the loss of Harambe's life but glad the little boy is safe. I think at the time the zoo officials didn't feel they had any other choice but to shoot Harambe to protect the boy.
    The zoo has just reopened the gorilla exhibit with a new higher barrier.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    7News Boston WHDH ‏@7News 8m8 minutes ago

#BREAKING: No charges will be filed against mother of child who fell into gorilla enclosure at Cincinnati zoo #7News
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Joe deters calls it a tragic accident

Deters says by all accounts mother did not act in a way that presented harm to her child

Deters said zoo did right thing be shooting Harambe

Deters says he spoke with zoo director on Friday

Deters says family is doing well and investigators are impressed with her attention to her children

Prosecutor says zoo is truly heartsick about what happened

Deters says this happened so quickly there is nothing the mother could've done

From PC

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ohio zoo's gorilla barrier wasn't in compliance

Nov 17, 2016

CINCINNATI (AP) — A federal inspection has concluded that the Cincinnati Zoo's barrier to keep the public and gorillas separate wasn't in compliance with standards for housing primates the day a 3-year-old boy slipped into the gorilla exhibit.

The federal inspection report viewed by The Associated Press states that the zoo's dangerous-animal response team properly followed procedures after zoo visitors called 911 on May 28 to report a child in the gorilla enclosure.

A team member concluded that the child was in "life-threatening danger," and the 17-year-old gorilla named Harambe was killed.

The zoo quickly improved the barrier following the gorilla's death. U.S. Agriculture Department spokeswoman Tanya Espinosa says an investigation is continuing. It could lead to fines or other disciplinary action.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12