Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sarah Stern, 19 yo old female, Neptune City, NJ - Arrests Made

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Massive search' for Neptune City teen

Dec 7, 2016

NEPTUNE CITY – Police are conducting a "massive search" for a 19-year-old Neptune City woman missing since Friday.

Sarah Stern was last seen at her home, according to a statement from Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office. A few hours later, her 1994 silver four-door Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight was found abandoned on the crest of the Route 35 Bridge in Belmar, in the shoulder of the southbound lanes. A passerby alerted a Neptune Township police officer.

The keys were inside the car and there was nobody around. Neptune police towed the car from the road.

Neptune police asked Neptune City police to check on the registered owner of the car, who is one of Stern's relatives. The statement didn't say which relative. When police arrived at that person's home, it was unlocked and nobody was there.

Police determined Stern was the missing driver of the car and her family didn't know where she was.

Neptune police alerted Belmar police, since the car was in that borough's jurisdiction. Several agencies searched the Shark River to determine if Stern jumped from the bridge, according to the release. The Belmar Water Rescue Team was assisted by the United States Coast Guard, the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team, the Area Network of Shore Water Emergency Responders team and the New Jersey State Police.

They searched the area for several days, but nobody was found in the water.

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office got involved Sunday. Other agencies also joined the search, including the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Stern’s whereabouts are unknown, according to the statement, and investigators are exploring "all possible scenarios."

Monmouth County Prosecutor's Spokesman Charlie Webster declined to answer questions.

"All the information available at this time is contained in the release," he wrote in an email.

Stern is described as a 19-year-old white woman who stands about 5-foot 6-inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds. She has a medium complexion, long dark brown hair that hangs past her shoulders and hazel eyes.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prayers for Sarah's safe return home.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Family of missing teen organizing search of Jersey Shore towns Saturday

Dec 8, 2016

BELMAR -- Family members of the missing 19-year-old Neptune City woman missing nearly a week since her car was found unoccupied on a Belmar bridge are organizing a search party for Saturday in coastal towns in Monmouth County.

Sarah Stern's car was discovered unoccupied on Saturday on the Route 35 bridge not far from her home.

The search effort, organized by Sarah Stern's cousins, will cover areas from Manasquan to Long Branch, and will include the area surrounding the Shark River, Stern's father, Michael, told NJ Advance Media.

"I'm at my wits' end," Michael Stern said. "Every day that goes by, the feeling inside gets worse and worse."

snipped

Michael Stern said since news of Sarah's disappearance has spread across social media and news outlets, more leads have come in, to no avail.

"The family has deep roots. Everyone knew Sarah," he said. "That's why we just find this all disheartening. ... None of this makes any sense."

The prosecutor's office said all possible scenarios are being explored.

When her vehicle was found, no one was in the area, and the car was towed by the Neptune Township Police Department. The car was found operational, and the keys were in the vehicle, the prosecutor said.

The prosecutor's office asked that anyone with information contact Detective Brian Weisbrot of the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office at 732-431-7160 or Belmar police Detective John Mahoney at 732-681-1700.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The car being parked/left on the bridge scares me and puts all kinds of ideas in my head .

Prayers this beautiful young lady is found safe and soon.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing: Sarah Stern FB page

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Courtesy of the FB page

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where is Sarah Stern? Volunteers needed for Saturday search

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] December 9, 2016 5:10 AM

NEPTUNE CITY – Friends and family will take to the shoreline in their search for Sarah Stern [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at her Neptune City home.

Sterns father, Michael Stern, said friends, family and volunteers will meet in Ocean Grove on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Boardwalk Pavilion Praise on the boardwalk at Ocean Avenue and Ocean Pathway. The search will then spread out to Long Branch, Deal, Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt and Manasquan to search the water and nearby wooded area for signs of Stern.

Stern said it will be cold so volunteers should dress warmly.

Praying searches will find Sarah or something that leads to her.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Trying to play catch up, haven't read all the updates yet. I'm curious if Sarah had been showing signs of depression before she went missing...
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sarah's father Michael makes a plea for help

Published on Dec 9, 2016

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Trying to play catch up, haven't read all the updates yet. I'm curious if Sarah had been showing signs of depression before she went missing...
    Her father said her friends said she was showing no signs that anything was wrong. He says it in the video I just posted.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and her car was operational. that is not good
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just checked and nothing new on Sarah. I just checked the FB page and saw this post.

Missing: Sarah Stern

1 hr ·

Please be advised Sarah may have had her glasses on when she disappeared. They are black framed glasses with sliver accents on the sides.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seriously, cannot believe there isn't more media coverage on this young lady.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What in the world happened to Sarah?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Family of Missing New Jersey Teen: We’re at a loss

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - Jan 1, 2017

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -- It's been four weeks since [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] after her car was found unoccupied on a Belmar bridge on Dec. 2.

Sarah Stern, 19, left her family's home in Neptune City at 11:45 p.m. driving her grandmother's 1994 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royal, according to her father Michael Stern. The car was found parked on the Route 35 Bridge around 2:45 a.m. on Dec. 3, but Sarah remains missing even after an extensive search.

Michael Stern is distraught and said the holidays were especially difficult for his family because Sarah loved Christmas.

"I feel lousy and heartbroken," he told NJ Advance Media on Friday. "They haven't come up with too many new leads. There are so many unanswered questions. We're at a loss, really."

Michael Stern previously had said his daughter seemed fine in the days leading up to her disappearance and that everyone who knows her feels that it's not like Sarah to run away.

"It's a gut-wrenching experience that no parent should have to go through," Michael Stern said. "I love my daughter, and I just wish she would come home."

So afraid for this young lady, feel so bad for her parents and family, hoping for some good news!

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I find it very ominous that her car was found abandoned on that bridge . The implications are clear, yet I hope for a better resolution for Sarah and her family.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree maryjane

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2 arrested in presumed killing of missing 19-year-old woman in New Jersey

Feb 3rd 2017 2:24PM

NEPTUNE, N.J. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) — Police arrested two men in the presumed murder of a teenager who went missing in early December.

Officers arrested Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor, both 19, in connection with the presumed death of 19-year-old Sarah Stern, the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office confirmed.

Stern was reported missing on Dec. 2. Her body still has not been found.

SNIP

Police now believe McAtasney strangled Stern and Taylor helped him move and dispose of her body.
    McAtasney and Taylor appeared in court Thursday afternoon. McAtasney was charged with murder, robbery, desecration of human remains, and hindering apprehension. Preston was charged with desecration of human remains, conspiracy and hindering apprehension.

Heartbreaking news, I am so sorry for the family and friends of Sarah Stern. Hopefully Sarah will be found so her family can lay her to rest.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Former classmate strangled teen, threw her body in Shark River, authorities say

February 02, 2017 at 4:14 PM, updated February 03, 2017 at 8:04 AM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -- Family and friends of missing 19-year-old Sarah Stern had always held out hope she'd be found safe, but with their hopes crushed, they tearfully faced her alleged killer and accomplice in a Monmouth County courtroom on Thursday afternoon.

Possibly ending the mystery of whether the missing teen was the victim of foul play, Monmouth County authorities [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor - in Stern's death, alleging they tried to cover up the killing by throwing her body into the Shark River the next day.

With a plan to rob her, McAtasney went to Stern's Neptune City home on Dec. 2 and strangled her, prosecutors said.

After Stern's death, McAtasney called Preston Taylor, also 19, and asked him to dispose of the body and of evidence of the crime, said Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni.

Using her car, the pair drove her body a couple hours later to the bridge over the Shark River in Belmar early the next morning and threw it over the side, prosecutors said. An investigation started soon after, when her car was found still on the bridge, the keys still in the ignition.

Stern's father, widowed three years ago, sat in court Thursday weeping as the former classmates of his only child faced Superior Court Judge David Bauman.

"We had hope up until last night. Up until we were informed, we had hope," Charles Stone, attorney for the Stern family, said after court. "The family and friends always had hope."

Stern grew up in the same community and attended Neptune High School with McAtasney and Taylor, according to school records.

Graduating in 2015, Stern played softball and was on the swim team while McAtasney was on the school swim team and Taylor was on the track-and-field team, the records show.

On her Facebook page, Stern posted a prom photo of her and Taylor.

She and McAtasney volunteered in 2013 with the Bradley Beach Fire Company, according to school records.

McAtasney was charged with murder, felony murder, conspiracy, hindering apprehension and disturbing human remains.

Taylor was charged with conspiracy, hindering apprehension and disturbing human remains.

While they await detention hearings in the coming weeks, McAtasney and Taylor, who both live in Neptune City, remain in the Monmouth County jail in Freehold.

Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle said she would seek to have both of them remain behind bars until their case is resolved. McAtasney has a detention hearing scheduled for Feb. 14 and Taylor for Feb. 7 at which time, their respective attorneys have said, they will argue for their release.

Stern's body has not yet been found. Gramiccioni said he suspects that's because of the strong river and ocean currents.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I saw on twitter yesterday that 2 men had been arrested. I didn't click on the article, I had no idea that it was to do with Sarah Stern.

Thank you Aubrey. So sad that Sarah was murdered.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wasn't expecting this at all . But I'm glad LE was able to track down what actually happened.

RIP, Sara. My heart goes out to her family .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just hope she is returned to her poor father. She needs to come home

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

February 6, 2017

BELMAR, New Jersey – State police continue to search for the body of a 19-year-old New Jersey woman who authorities say was strangled during a robbery late last year.

The search for Sarah Stern remains focused on the Shark River inlet near the ocean, but crews haven’t fanned out beyond that area.
    Two of Stern’s lifelong friends, including one who was her prom date, are now charged in her death.

Liam McAtasney was charged Thursday with Stern’s murder, while Preston Taylor is charged with helping dump the body.

Stern was last seen at her home on the night of December 2. Hours later, her unoccupied vehicle was found on the Route 35 Bridge in Belmar over the Shark River Inlet with the keys still in the ignition.

It is believed the pair dumped the body off the bridge, and the search of the inlet resumed after the arrests.

"It is possible due to oceanic currents and tides that her remains might have been swept out of the river into the Atlantic," Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said. "But we are hoping for a miracle."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New evidence turns up as search for Sarah Stern’s body continues
    By Dan Alexander February 6, 2017 6:21 AM

Investigators had no success finding the remains of 19-year-old Sarah Stern during their weekend search around the Shark River Inlet and along the shore.
    The search that included State Police marine and aviation units stretched between Asbury Park and the Manasquan Inlet, probing for any signs of Stern’s body.
    “It is possible, due to oceanic currents and tides, that her remains might have been swept out of the river into the Atlantic,” Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said. “But we are hoping for a miracle.”
    Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor, both friends of Stern’s from Neptune City, were charged in connection with her murder last Thursday. Taylor has a detention hearing scheduled for Tuesday.
    According to the criminal complaint signed Wednesday, McAtasney is accused of strangling Stern during a robbery Dec. 2 at Stern’s Neptune City home. McAtasney and Taylor are both accused of moving her body from her home and throwing her over the Route 35 bridge over the Shark River Inlet.
    The complaint said the robbery involved stealing money from the house.

News 12 New Jersey reported that police found two safe deposit boxes hidden in two different locations that contained the items stolen from the Stern home. One of the boxes was found in Sandy Hook and the other was found at Shark River Park in Wall Township, according to the report, which offered no details on what led police to those locations.

Read More: New evidence turns up as search for Sarah Stern's body continues | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sad for her father, but it just might be fact that Sarah might have been swept out to sea...

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Sad for her father, but it just might be fact that Sarah might have been swept out to sea...
    Especially after this amount of time .

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Teen accused of throwing prom date's body off bridge faces court hearing

February 07, 2017 at 7:00 AM, updated February 07, 2017 at 7:30 AM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -- A Neptune City teen[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Belmar in December has a court hearing scheduled for Tuesday morning.

An attorney for Preston Taylor is scheduled to appear in front of Monmouth County Superior Court Judge David Bauman on Tuesday to argue for his release from jail while he awaits trial on multiple charges, including desecration of human remains.

Taylor and Liam McAtasney, both 19 of Neptune City, are [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who was the subject of a massive search after her car was found abandoned on the Route 35 bridge in Belmar in December.

McAtasney strangled Stern at her Neptune City home during a robbery and then called Taylor to help dispose of her body, authorities have said. They drove Sterns car to the bridge and threw her body into the Shark River, authorities have said.

Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor Meghan Doyle said she would seek to have Taylor and McAtasney remain behind bars until their case is resolved. McAtasney's detention hearing is scheduled for Feb. 14.

McAtasney is charged with murder, robbery and desecration of human remains. Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni has said McAtasney was trying to steal "large quantities of cash in the thousands of dollars range" from Stern.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Timeline of the disappearance and killing of Sarah Stern

Posted February 03, 2017 - Updated February 07, 2017

SNIP

Those hopes were dashed Feb. 2 when authorities announced two of Sarah's childhood friends had been charged in her death. Her body remains missing. Here is the timeline of the events.

Friends since they were kids

Liam McAtasney and Preston Taylor (pictured) were classmates with Sarah Stern at Neptune High School. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], according to her dad. All three grew up together, her father said.

Sarah Stern disappears

DEC. 2, 2016:
    Authorities say 19-year-old Sarah Stern was last seen at her Neptune City home on the afternoon of Dec. 2, 2016.

The death of Sarah Stern

DEC. 2, 2016:
    Authorities say [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of thousands of dollars, and ultimately strangled her.

The alleged cover up

DEC. 2, 2016:
    McAtasney called Preston Taylor, also 19 of Neptune City, and asked him to help cover up the killing by getting rid of Stern's body, prosecutors said.

DEC. 3, 2016:
    Using Stern's car, McAtasney and Taylor drove her body to the Route 35 Bridge over the Shark River in Belmar and threw her body over the side, prosecutors said.

Sarah's car is found

DEC. 3, 2016 (2:45 a.m):
    The car Stern was driving before she was killed – her grandmother's 1994 silver four-door Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight – [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at its highest point. Authorities said the car was found unoccupied, working properly and the keys were inside.

Massive search in Shark River

DEC. 3, 2016:
    After the discovery of Stern's car on the Route 35 bridge, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that included local and county agencies, the New Jersey State Police and the U.S. Coast Guard. The search was suspended later the same day.

A reward for information

DEC. 6, 2016:
    Monmouth County Crime Stoppers announces a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Stern's disappearance.

Search party scours the Shore

DEC. 10, 2016:
    Dozens of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for Sarah Stern a week after she disappeared. McAtasney and Taylor also reportedly took part in these searches.

Arrests shock Stern family
    Feb. 1, 2017:
    After nearly two months of investigating Stern's disappearance, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], including murder, and Preston Taylor, 19, on charges that included desecration of human remains and hindering apprehension.

First court appearances

Feb. 2, 2017:
    Two months to the day that Sarah Stern was last seen alive, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Monmouth County Superior Court to face the charges against them.

A father's anguish as search resumes

Feb. 3, 2017:
    One day after her alleged killer appeared in court,[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the area of the Shark River. Her father, speaking to NJ Advance Media, described the anguish of learning that two men he knew as little kids growing up with his daughter had been charged.

Buried treasure

Feb. 6, 2017:
    Authorities confirm that McAtasney and/or Taylor buried two safes, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], on Sandy Hook and at Shark River Park. Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni previously said McAtasney robbed Stern of thousands of dollars the night he killed Stern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast