Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

'Tiger snake tinsel' found on Melbourne Christmas tree.

It's no partridge in a pear tree, but a Melbourne woman got a seasonal surprise when she found a tiger snake entwined among the tinsel on her Christmas tree.
    Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nope. Just nope.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its a tiger snake,Id be burning that tree down.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The snakes are really really bad this year,nowhere is safe.

An elderly Cairns man is fighting for life after being bitten on the foot by a large taipan that slithered into his lounge room.
    The man, aged in his 70s, went into cardiac arrest after the highly venomous snake bit him at his Yorkeys Knob home about 8pm on Tuesday.
    Quick-thinking paramedic Valerie Noble heard the job come over the radio, and raced a dose of anti-venom to the house, while listening to officers who were at the scene detail the man's rapid decline.

"I picked up the anti-venom from the hospital and drove it out to the scene where (officers) were performing CPR," she said.
    "Shortly after giving the anti-venom we got a pulse back (but) the patient was still quite fragile."

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The snakes are really really bad this year,nowhere is safe.

An elderly Cairns man is fighting for life after being bitten on the foot by a large taipan that slithered into his lounge room.
    The man, aged in his 70s, went into cardiac arrest after the highly venomous snake bit him at his Yorkeys Knob home about 8pm on Tuesday.
    Quick-thinking paramedic Valerie Noble heard the job come over the radio, and raced a dose of anti-venom to the house, while listening to officers who were at the scene detail the man's rapid decline.

"I picked up the anti-venom from the hospital and drove it out to the scene where (officers) were performing CPR," she said.
    "Shortly after giving the anti-venom we got a pulse back (but) the patient was still quite fragile."

That poor man, how awful!

I hope he survives, and kudos to the paramedic who rushed the anti-venom to the scene.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That poor man, how awful!

I hope he survives, and kudos to the paramedic who rushed the anti-venom to the scene.
    The..man...died..yesterday.

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The..man...died..yesterday.
    Oh, no .

I am getting to really appreciate your fear of snakes, Dingo. It's obviously a very real and present threat there. Carry that shovel with you whenever you're outside!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Oh, no .

I am getting to really appreciate your fear of snakes, Dingo. It's obviously a very real and present threat there. Carry that shovel with you whenever you're outside!
    Ikeep..my...eyes..to..the...ground..when..Im..outd oors...may..have..to..start...doing..that..indoors ..too.

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ikeep..my...eyes..to..the...ground..when..Im..outd oors...may..have..to..start...doing..that..indoors ..too.
    Yes, indoors, too! *yikes*

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In your car too.

A South Australian driver got the fright of her life when a red-bellied black snake popped up from her bonnet during a highway drive yesterday.
    Video posted to Mundoo Island Station's Facebook page shows the snake's head poking up between the moving vehicle's windscreen wipers, before the snake emerges further and looks around.
    "Driving from Adelaide to Mundoo Island Station, 100km/h, with an hour still to drive, a snake popped up in front of me from under my bonnet. It scared the living daylights out of me!" the driver [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

"He stayed with us all the way and could not be coaxed out of the engine well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    UGH!! I would have probably jumped out of the car!! lol
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    UGH!! I would have probably jumped out of the car!! lol
    Then..set..the...car...on...fire.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    then..set..the...car...on...fire.
    absolutely!! Lol
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A Queensland toddler bitten by one of the world's deadliest snakes will need care for the rest of his life, his father says.
    Giles Campbell admits its unclear what his two-year-old son Eli's disabilities will be but he and pregnant partner Brittany are hoping for miracles.

Mr Campbell says Eli has significant swelling on the brain and is largely immobile two weeks after being bitten three times by a coastal taipan in his family's chicken pen at Agnes Waters.
    In an heartbreaking update on a fundraising page, Mr Campbell said his family was under no illusions about the long-term ramifications.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Admin
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OMG, that poor little boy .