Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Found Deceased: David Puckett, 6 Year Old Male, Aurora, CO

6-year-old boy missing: Search volunteers can meet at Olympic Park in Aurora

Updated at 11:58AM, January 1, 2017 - Video included

AURORA, Colo. — Aurora police say finding a 6-year-old boy who was reported missing Saturday evening is their "highest priority investigation right now."

The Aurora Police Department said anyone who would like to help search for David Puckett should go to the south side of Olympic Park, located at 15501 E. Yale Ave. You will be required to check in and provide your name, address, drivers license and sign a waiver.

During the news conference Sunday morning, investigators said it appears the boy left on his own.
    In order for an AMBER Alert to be issued, there must be signs of an abduction, police said. You can read more about the requirements for an AMBER Alert [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

The Arapahoe County Search and Rescue, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Denver police and the FBI are now involved in the search.

"We are using search team organizations in addition to local law enforcement partners and APD officers to continue our search including helicopters and bloodhounds," police said on Facebook.

Investigators sent out two emergency notification calls to approximately 27,000 residents in the area, to let them know he is missing.

"We are asking everyone to check your property. Children will often hide in small spaces and not come out even if called upon," police said on Facebook.

His mother, Stephanie Puckett, was extremely emotional as she addressed reporters at the news conference Sunday morning.

“Help me find David… he’s only 6 years old,” Stephanie Puckett pleaded. “He’s a good boy.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Praying this little boy is found safe!
    Last edited by Aubrey; 01-04-2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: to add information
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Bring my baby home': Aurora mom pleads for safe return of missing 6-year-old son

12:01 PM, Jan 1, 2017 -3 mins ago

AURORA, Colo. – The unbelievable pain of a missing child was too much for an emotionally distraught Aurora mother as she pleaded for help from the community.

"Please bring my baby home," said a tearful and shaken Stephanie Puckett during a Sunday morning press conference. "Please help me find him."

Puckett’s 6-year-old son, David, went missing around 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place, near Olympic Park in Aurora. Police say he voluntarily left and don’t believe any foul play is involved.

David may be wearing camouflage pants with black and orange boots, a black shirt and tan coat. He is about four feet tall, weighing 48 pounds with light brown hair and blue-green eyes. He has a minor learning disability.

Police said David has a history of wandering. Police mentioned two other occasions where David was found by neighbors. The family was home at the time David wandered off Saturday.

David is a student at Dartmouth Elementary and may have possibly gone to a classmate’s home. Police said other parents might not be aware that David has been reported missing. They are asking neighbors to check their homes and property for David. Police used an automated phone system to contact at least 27,000 residents about the search.

Police are calling the search for David their main priority. They are combing the neighborhood on the ground and in the air. The Arapahoe County Search and Rescue Teams are out on ATVs helping search for David. The Denver Police helicopter aided in the search Saturday night. Drones may be used during the search Sunday.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    David was last seen at home in Aurora, CO, on December 31, 2016

Courtesy of Facebook

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope they find him safe and sound.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was just coming to start a thread on David and see Aubrey you already did, thanks!

I just don't get why this isn't more urgent, he is 6 years old! I just pray David is found safe and soon!
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Courtesy of twitter
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

courtesy of twitter

"At risk runaway" why? This baby is only 6 years old, sigh.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SNIP from above article...

"Police said David has a history of wandering"
    If this is true, why wasn't he better supervised...

Continued prayers David's found safe!

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Police search for Aurora boy, 6, not dressed for cold weather
    PUBLISHED: January 1, 2017 at 12:50 pm | UPDATED: January 1, 2017 at 12:53 pm

The search for a missing 6-year-old boy from Aurora continued Sunday as Aurora Police Department [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] who has spotted young David Puckett to call 911.

According to police, Puckett’s parents noticed their [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    . on New Year’s Eve. The child, who attends Dartmouth Elementary in Aurora, has wandered off from home at least twice before. One time, he was found at a convenience store; the other time, a concerned citizen called authorities.

more at link:
    http://onceuponacrime.net/yourls/1pt

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Has he been missing for one night or two nights?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Has he been missing for one night or two nights?
    New Year's Eve, so last night.

He has "wandered" before, why aren't the parent/parents watching him? I just don't understand all these young children that go "missing", why isn't someone keeping an eye on them? My daughter never "wandered" when she was a child. It would be dark at 5:30pm, if that really is the time he was last seen.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Channel 2 KWGN Verified account ‏@channel2kwgn 8m8 minutes ago

#FindDavid: Crews are now using drones to help search for missing 6-year-old boy, David Puckett, per @AuroraPD.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    New Year's Eve, so last night.

He has "wandered" before, why aren't the parent/parents watching him? I just don't understand all these young children that go "missing", why isn't someone keeping an eye on them? My daughter never "wandered" when she was a child. It would be dark at 5:30pm, if that really is the time he was last seen.
    Yes,if..he..is..a..known..wanderer...you...keep..a ..better...eye..on...him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think one
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    snipped

David Pucket is considered as an At Risk child (due to his young age) who has gone missing (wandered off) two times before*but was returned with the assistance of a concerned citizen or has gone inside a store for help.

snipped

The next presser will be at 0800 MST on Monday, January 2nd or if they find David, whichever occurs first.

Admin
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really scared for this little guy, where is he?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was hoping they would have found him by now.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Apparently there is another boy missing from this area too,10 miles apart.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amber Alert issued for Colorado boy, 6, who disappeared on New Year’s Eve

By - Associated Press - Updated: 4:48 p.m. on Monday, January 2, 2017

AURORA, Colo. — Police in the Denver suburb of Aurora are searching for a 6-year-old boy who is believed to have wandered away from his home on New Year’s Eve.

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies were helping search for David Puckett on Monday by going door-to-door within 2.5 miles of his home. Bloodhounds are also searching for him.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued an Amber Alert in David’s disappearance on Monday afternoon, the Denver Post reported.

Police say foul play isn’t suspected, but they’ve asked for help to find David as quickly as possible partly because of coming cold weather.

I'll move thread to Amber Alert forum.

I wonder what changed, why an Amber Alert issued now, not buying the cold weather, it's been cold. Also, that's not a criteria for amber alert. IMO, anytime a child this young disappears one should be issued.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Amber Alert issued for Colorado boy, 6, who disappeared on New Year’s Eve

By - Associated Press - Updated: 4:48 p.m. on Monday, January 2, 2017

AURORA, Colo. — Police in the Denver suburb of Aurora are searching for a 6-year-old boy who is believed to have wandered away from his home on New Year’s Eve.

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies were helping search for David Puckett on Monday by going door-to-door within 2.5 miles of his home. Bloodhounds are also searching for him.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued an Amber Alert in David’s disappearance on Monday afternoon, the Denver Post reported.

Police say foul play isn’t suspected, but they’ve asked for help to find David as quickly as possible partly because of coming cold weather.

I'll move thread to Amber Alert forum.

I wonder what changed, why an Amber Alert issued now, not buying the cold weather, it's been cold. Also, that's not a criteria for amber alert. IMO, anytime a child this young disappears one should be issued.
    They...were...talking....about...that...on..his... FB...page

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amber Alert issued in search for Aurora 6-year-old

January 02, 2017 - Video included with article

AURORA - An Amber Alert will be issued for a 6-year-old Aurora boy who police say wandered away from his home Saturday. He's considered at-risk due to his age.

David Puckett was last seen around 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 15700 block of East Amherst Place. The Amber Alert will be issued due to the passage of time and cold weather.

A press briefing on his disappearance Monday police said a thorough searches are being done. Police are asking for commercial or residential surveillance videos that any one might have.

Bloodhounds have been deployed which has halted volunteer efforts to help the dogs conduct the search. Police will alert the public when volunteers are needed again.

A tip line has also been set up.

A spokesperson for the incident tells 9Wants to Know there is one documented incident with Aurora Police where the child left school.

Sources tell 9Wants to Know that David left his home Saturday after an arguments with his sibling. On Monday 9NEWS observed members of the FBI going door-to-door and looking in cars on the street where he lives.

First time I've heard about he left home after argument with sibling, curious how old the sibling is...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Apparently there is another boy missing from this area too,10 miles apart.
    The other boy Fabian "Xavier" Rosales was found safe at a friend's home.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some info from the PC today.

Michael Konopasek ‏@MikeKonopasek 1h1 hour ago

New: @AuroraPD asked @CBI_Colorado again to put out #AmberAlert today because weather is getting much colder & because of the length of time

Some of the many organizations looking for David: @FBI @MissingKids @WestminsterPD @CBI_Colorado @jeffcosheriffco @ArapahoeSO @DenverPolice

.@AuroraPD: Search continues in a 2.5 mile radius. Search has included a drone, blood hounds, helicopter and volunteers.

.@FBI is going door to door asking questions & searching homes, when given permission. Secondary searches are happening now. #FindingDavid

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope they bring in Eqqusearch, I think I will tweet the PD there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amber Alert Issued for David Puckett, 6 Year Old Male, Aurora, CO

January 2, 2017

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I posted on Aurora PD's FB page about bringing in Equusearch.

I just don't get how a 6 year old walks out of his home and disappears for days. I think there is more to this story. I too want to know how old David's sibling is.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ETA David just moved to Colorado? Also didn't know he had a learning disability.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I posted on Aurora PD's FB page about bringing in Equusearch.

I just don't get how a 6 year old walks out of his home and disappears for days. I think there is more to this story. I too want to know how old David's sibling is.
    Yep, so do I. Ugh, hope I'm wrong, but also starting to have doubts David just walked away from home, if he were older I might go along with it.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 01-03-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast