Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought a beautiful (discount) pot for my japanese maple and when i was transplanting it i realized that it was absolutely designed to be a bonsai. it had these wires covering the root ball which i threw away. i whispered some encouragement to the little maple along the way. i think i can train one of the leads to help it reach a taller height. i hope i'm right. lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give it either some fish or seaweed emulsion,if that doesnt help nothing will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Give it either some fish or seaweed emulsion,if that doesnt help nothing will.
    it's got new growth so i know it's healthy. it's just that all the regular leads were chopped off. i toyed with learning about bonsai but then i imagined myself with benches lined with little bonsai and me going crazy trying to keep them groomed. not gonna happen.

i'll get some emulsion just in case.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im not a bonsia lover,they seem to fiddlely to me,I want something that is actually going to grow..lol
    I have a beautiful tree fern that I have carted from pillar to post in all my moves,many times I thought I had killed it but it keeps coming back.
    I thought I would be smart now that Im at my forever home and take it out of its pot and put it in the ground under the glass area I have,I was a bit too smart and planted in an old tree stump which I found while out getting firewood,its not happy at all,its trying hard to grow but I think I need to take it out of the stump and just plant it in the dirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Im not a bonsia lover,they seem to fiddlely to me,I want something that is actually going to grow..lol
    I have a beautiful tree fern that I have carted from pillar to post in all my moves,many times I thought I had killed it but it keeps coming back.
    I thought I would be smart now that Im at my forever home and take it out of its pot and put it in the ground under the glass area I have,I was a bit too smart and planted in an old tree stump which I found while out getting firewood,its not happy at all,its trying hard to grow but I think I need to take it out of the stump and just plant it in the dirt.

i think the tree fern is telling you it wants to plant the same roots as you have. you found your forever home and it wants to grow where you grow and not be contained any longer.

be free tree fern and spread your roots!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think so too,Im going to set it free tomorrow...then I can use the stump for firewood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think so too,Im going to set it free tomorrow...then I can use the stump for firewood.

on my way! i love digging in the dirt!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope he finds his feets and gets back to his former glory,he got that big in the pot that he needed a room of his own.
    He can have fun crowding out the other plants that share his space now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he finds his feets and gets back to his former glory,he got that big in the pot that he needed a room of his own.
    He can have fun crowding out the other plants that share his space now.

you've carted him around all this time, i'm sure he will reward you with a glorious canopy! happy planting.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he grows back to his normal size I will reward him with a garland of fairy lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he grows back to his normal size I will reward him with a garland of fairy lights.
    aww! love that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12