ROCHESTERFIRST

CBS

News 8

Announcement to be made in the Brittanee Drexel Case

The teen went missing in Myrtle Beach in 2009

Published 06/03 2016 12:36PM

Updated 06/03 2016 11:17PM

MCCLELLANVILLE, S.C. (WROC-TV)

The FBI has announced they will be holding a press conference to discuss the latest developments in the case of Brittanee Drexel.

FBI SAC David Thomas, Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles will be in South Carolina at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8 to discuss the case.

Drexel, who is from Chili was seventeen when she disappeared on April 25, 2009 during a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach. She went on the trip without her parents' consent.

Myrtle Beach Police confirmed that they'll meet with Drexel's parents before the news conference to brief them. When asked if there was any kind of development in the case, Lt. Doug Furlong replied, "We have an update."

Brad Conway, an attorney from Orlando, Florida, confirmed he has been retained by Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel. Conway previously represented Casey Anthony's parents in the trial of their daughter over the death of two year old Caylee Anthony.

the link is at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I am new at this copy and paste things. will work on it.

ROCHESTERFIRST.com

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brittanee Marie Drexel - 4/25/2009, Myrtle Beach, SC

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Missing: 04/25/09 Missing from: Myrtle Beach, SC

Classification: Missing Endangered

Age at disappearance: 17

Date of Birth: 10/07/91

White Female

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5’0″

Weight: 103 lbs

Her ears and nose are pierced. Brittanee has blonde highlights in her hair. She was last seen wearing a white, black, teal, and gray top, along with black shorts, similar to the outfit pictured below. Brittanee was also wearing white flip flops.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Aubrey; 06-06-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you SaraSidle for the update, hoping conference will give us some information as to what happened to Brittanee.

Just don't understand why they're waiting until Wednesday to hold presser...
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i am afraid it is going to be something like suing law enforcement for not finding her and that is the reason for the attornedys. I just don't know.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update on Brittanee Drexel case coming Wednesday

Posted: Jun 07, 2016 12:12 PM PDT Updated: Jun 07, 2016 7:35 PM PDT Tuesday, June 7, 2016 10:35 PM EDT By Brad Dickerson, Digital Producer

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – On Wednesday, an FBI representative will be among the officials at a McClellanville court to discuss the latest developments in the case of Brittanee Drexel, a teen from New York who went missing in Myrtle Beach in 2009.

Drexel disappeared from Ocean Boulevard on April 25, 2009. She was 17 years old when she traveled to Myrtle Beach from New York for spring break.

Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas with the FBI will be joined by Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall, Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr., Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and United States Attorney Bill Nettles at the McClellanville Magistrate’s Court at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss developments in the case.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for news of a possible lead or arrest maybe...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rochester teenager Brittanee Drexel was held against her will and eventually killed after vanishing in 2009, the FBI announced for the first time Wednesday afternoon.

Concurrently, the FBI said it has increased its reward for information related to her death, saying there are peole in the Georgetown, S.C., area who saw her during the "several days" she spent there and know details that could put law enforcement "over the edge" to solve the case.

McClellanville is roughly 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach, where Drexel visited with friends on a spring break trip.

Drexel's cellphone transmitted its last known signal the day after she disappeared near the South Santee River, between McClellanville and Georgetown.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FBI says Brittanee Drexel was held in McClellanville area before being killed

By WPDE Wednesday, June 8th 2016

McClellanville, S.C. (WPDE) — The FBI is appealing to the community of McClellanville, south of Georgetown, for information about the disappearance and death, of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Officials held a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and announced that Drexel was taken from Myrtle Beach to the McClellanville area, where she was held for a few days against her will and then was killed.

She was last seen walking out of the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard to go back to the motel where she was staying, but she never made it there.
    In the seven years since she was last seen, law enforcement and the CUE Center for Missing Persons out of North Carolina have performed extensive searches for clues in her case, or a body.

Her body has not been found.

FBI officials said they have known for a while that Brittanee was dead and just decided Tuesday to announce that fact in order to spur the community to come forward with information.

When asked why FBI officials think she was killed, the lead investigator said, "there has been an exhaustive amount of evidence in this case. The investigators are certain that this is what happened and I can't give you the exact details on that, but we are certain."

The lead investigator later said they do not know how she was killed.

The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for her death.

Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mom, and other family members were at the news conference asking for anyone to come forward with information.

"After seven long years of waiting and praying for the return of my daughter we know she isn't coming home alive," she said. "We need your help so we can find Brittanee's remains and bring her home and lay her to rest."

"Please help us to bring these killers to justice. Help us to put them in prison where they belong for the rest of their useless lives. They will never again take one of our children away in such a brutal fashion," Drexel pleaded.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    FBI says Brittanee Drexel was held in McClellanville area before being killed

By WPDE Wednesday, June 8th 2016

McClellanville, S.C. (WPDE) — The FBI is appealing to the community of McClellanville, south of Georgetown, for information about the disappearance and death, of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Officials held a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and announced that Drexel was taken from Myrtle Beach to the McClellanville area, where she was held for a few days against her will and then was killed.

She was last seen walking out of the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard to go back to the motel where she was staying, but she never made it there.
    In the seven years since she was last seen, law enforcement and the CUE Center for Missing Persons out of North Carolina have performed extensive searches for clues in her case, or a body.

Her body has not been found.

FBI officials said they have known for a while that Brittanee was dead and just decided Tuesday to announce that fact in order to spur the community to come forward with information.

When asked why FBI officials think she was killed, the lead investigator said, "there has been an exhaustive amount of evidence in this case. The investigators are certain that this is what happened and I can't give you the exact details on that, but we are certain."

The lead investigator later said they do not know how she was killed.

The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for her death.

Dawn Drexel, Brittanee's mom, and other family members were at the news conference asking for anyone to come forward with information.

"After seven long years of waiting and praying for the return of my daughter we know she isn't coming home alive," she said. "We need your help so we can find Brittanee's remains and bring her home and lay her to rest."

"Please help us to bring these killers to justice. Help us to put them in prison where they belong for the rest of their useless lives. They will never again take one of our children away in such a brutal fashion," Drexel pleaded.

You know they have to be awfully close to solving this. It sounds like on her last day she was getting ready to return home to NY. she is finding and returning borrowed clothing from the people she went down to SC with. and then the police say she was held a few days and then murdered. well they have to have some very good evidence to imply that. I mean to tell the parents and public this information would be ridiculous otherwise. Just from reading the links and comments to the public announcement and seems they hope the reward will finally push someone to talk.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    there is a great video on the Brittanee Drexel missing facebook page. I am unable to copy it but it is an interview with her dad and station 95.1 out of New York. It is after the PC and her dad gives more info and inimates things that may have happened (or did but he cant tell us)

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Link to 95.1 Facebook page: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Interview with Brittanee's father: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank you Maryjane. this video gives lots of new info.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sure sounds like a sex ring to me when I listen to that tape.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Suspects identified in Brittanee Drexel disappearance

July 14, 2016

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WCSC) – A suspect or suspects have been identified in the disappearance and murder of Brittanee Drexel.
    Brad Conway, an attorney for the Drexel family said he’s been told a suspect or suspects have been named in the case, but he declined to release any details.

Drexel vanished from Myrtle Beach in April, 2009 during Spring break.

Just a few weeks ago, the FBI announced they believe Drexel is dead.

Authorities say the 17-year old supposedly was heading back to the motel where she was staying, but never made it there.

Myrtle Beach Police are looking into the possibility Drexel was the victim of human trafficking.

“We’ll look into it. Yes sir, we’ll keep all of our options open,” police spokesman Lt. Joey Crosby said.

According to police, the last person to see Drexel before she disappeared was another friend of hers from Rochester, Peter Brozowitz.

Cops say Brozowitz and four of his friends stayed at the Bluewater Hotel on Ocean Boulevard. The four friends told police that they met Brittanee briefly at a nightclub, but didn’t know her.

Police say the next day Drexel met all five on the beach near the Bluewater. She then came back to their room that night for about ten minutes.

Police say the teen then left to go back to her motel to return some clothing to a friend.

That’s the last time anyone saw her.

Police interviewed Brozowitz and his friends after Brittanee went missing. Crosby said at this point, none of the friends are suspects.

As part of our investigation we wanted to talk to Brozowitz.

We found his profile on Facebook and a phone number. When we called Brozowitz he said he wasn’t interested in speaking about the case.

The FBI says they have evidence Drexel was held against her will in three places, Georgetown, McClellanville and North Charleston.

It was in McClellanville where investigators say her cell phone pinged on a cell tower.

“Forensic evidence from text messages, from cellphones, all kinds of information that we’ve evaluated,” Crosby said. “The information that we have, that we’ve obtained through the course of this investigation, we do feel like she is deceased.”

Crosby said investigators need one key piece of information to make an arrest.

Praying LE gets enough evidence/information to lock up person (s) responsible for her disappearance and murder. Hoping someone does the right thing and speaks up!

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This reminds me so much of the Holly Bobo case. People who know what happened (and there are plenty in this case, IMO) need to man up and tell LE everything they know. It's way past time .

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Report: Witnesses say Brittanee Drexel shot, fed to alligator

Posted Aug. 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Witnesses claim a missing Chili teen was kidnapped, shot and dumped into an alligator pit, according to a new report by a South Carolina paper.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] cites a statement by an FBI agent in court papers who says he received a tip from a prison inmate. The inmate claims he was present when Drexel was killed.

SNIP

According to the new report, inmate Taquan Brown — who had recently been sentenced to 25 years on a manslaughter charge — made the "jailhouse confession."

The report says Brown told investigators he went to a "stash house" to meet with a friend and saw a teen sexually abusing Drexel. While Brown was at the house, the report says Drexel attempted to leave and was pistol-whipped and then shot. After that, it's not clear what happened to Drexel. However, the FBI agent says several witnesses have said Drexel was placed in an alligator pit.

Feeling sad for Brittanee's parents, horrific news for these parents to hear what happened in her final hours.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brittanee Drexel, teen who vanished in 2009, was raped, shot, eaten by alligators, FBI says

Published August 28, 2016

A teenager who vanished from Myrtle Beach, S.C., in 2009 was repeatedly raped in a gang “stash house” for several days – then she was shot dead and fed to alligators when her disappearance generated too much media attention, the FBI said last week.

The shocking new details about the mysterious disappearance of 17-year-old Rochester, N.Y., native Brittanee Drexel came largely from a “jailhouse confession” that was subsequently substantiated by others with “tidbits” and “secondhand information,” FBI Agent Gerrick Munoz testified in a federal court transcript obtained by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The inmate who gave the alleged bombshell confession, Taquan Brown, is serving a 25-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter in a different case. Brown told authorities he was present during the final agonizing moments of Drexel’s life, Munoz said.

Brown claimed to have seen Drexel when he visited a “stash house” – typically a place used to keep guns, drugs or money – in the McClellanville area, the general location where Drexel’s cellphone last pinged.

Munoz said Brown told officials he saw Da’Shaun Taylor, then 16 years old, and several other men “sexually abusing Brittanee Drexel.” Brown then said he walked to the backyard of the house to give money to Taylor’s father, Shaun Taylor. But as Brown and Shaun Taylor talked, Drexel tried to make a break for it.

Her escape attempt was in vain, however, and one of the captors “pistol-whipped” Drexel and carried her back inside the house. Brown said he then heard two gunshots. The next time Brown said he saw Drexel, her body was being wrapped up and removed from the house.

Drexel’s body has never been found, but Munoz said “several witnesses” have told investigators she was dumped in an unspecified McClellanville pond teeming with alligators.

Drexel was last captured on video on April 25, 2009, leaving the Blue Water Hotel in Myrtle Beach, where she was staying against her parents' permission. A different inmate serving time at Georgetown County Jail told officials he was informed Da’Shaun Taylor picked Drexel up in Myrtle Beach and transported her to McClellanville.

Munoz said the FBI believes Taylor “showed her off, introduced her to some other friend that were there…they ended up tricking her out with some of their friends, offering her to them and getting a human trafficking situation.”

As the media spotlight grew ever brighter on the desperate efforts to find Drexel, the girl was “murdered and disposed of,” Munoz said.

Munoz’s testimony was part of a bond hearing for a federal charge against Da’Shaun Taylor, now 25, stemming from a 2011 robbery of a McDonald’s. Taylor had previously confessed to being the getaway driver for the holdup, cooperated with South Carolina authorities and completed probation. But prosecutors are now trying to bring federal charges and, if convicted of the new charges, Taylor could face a life sentence.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not enough evidence to make arrest in Britannee Drexel case, SC official says

By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Published: August 30, 2016, 8:06 am

CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – An FBI agent testified in court that eyewitnesses say Britannee Drexel, the 17-year-old who disappeared while visiting Myrtle Beach back in 2009, was taken to a stash house in McClellanville where she was gang-raped, shot after trying to escape, and her body was fed to alligators.

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson would not say whether the information released to the public would help or hurt the case, but he says the information was held because the FBI is waiting on others to come forward to either confirm or debunk the witnesses’ statements.
    The 17-year-old was on a spring break trip in 2009 when she disappeared.

According to court documents, FBI Agent Gerrick Munoz testified in a hearing for Timothy De’shaun Davis in an unrelated robbery case.

The agent names Tequan Brown as an eyewitness who says Taylor and others sexually abused Brittanee Drexel.

“The information that the FBI has, as I said, it was older information,” said Richardson.

Richardson says the FBI has been holding the information that they do have in order to piece the story together.

“It’s corroborating evidence, and just little pieces of evidence that corroborate what they already know from a different source is extremely important,” said Richardson.

Admin
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think LE is spot-on in piecing together what happened to Britanee (how horrible ). I so hope someone comes forward to strengthen the case so they can pursue formal charges. I just cannot imagine what her family is going through...and has been going through for over 7 years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the whole thing makes me so angry. and is she the only one? I don't think so. imo

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brittanee Drexel's Father Says He Once Came Face-to-Face with an Alleged Suspect in Her Abduction
    09/01/2016 AT 02:05 PM EDT

Chad Drexel came face to face with the man he believes helped allegedly kidnap and kill his daughter, Brittanee Drexel – and who laughed at him when handed Brittanee's missing person flier, he claims in a new interview.

While talking earlier this week to Radio 95.1 in Rochester, New York, Chad revealed how he traveled to the area of McClellanville, South Carolina, in 2013, searching for clues into his daughter's mysterious disappearance.

There, Chad said, he unwittingly met the man the FBI alleges had something to do with her abduction and death.

"The local authorities wouldn't go down to that area, saying, 'We've already looked at them, Chad,' " he said in the interview. "My private investigator said, 'If you really want to go, we'll just park and you can walk around.' "

During his travels in the small, rural town in South Carolina low country, where authorities say Brittanee's cell phone last pinged, Chad passed out fliers to pedestrians and to a young man in a car who rubbed him the wrong way, he said.

"I gave him the flier," Chad said. "He had a car full of brothers, friends. He handed the flier to one guy in the back seat. They all laughed and then drove away and threw the flier out the window."

When Chad saw the man crumble the piece of paper and discard it, "I got mad," he said. "I said, 'There's something about this guy...'"

That's when his private investigator asked him, "Do you know who that was?" Chad said.

"I proceeded to find out that that's who that was," he says. "Da'Shaun Taylor."

Brittanee, who was 17 at the time, vanished on April 25, 2009, during a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. She had gone without her parents' permission and was last seen on surveillance video leaving a hotel on Ocean Boulevard, the busy main drag in the popular seaside resort town.

For years, as authorities investigated her disappearance, they said little about what they believe happened to the upbeat high school soccer player.

In June, they said Brittanee was likely held for several days against her will before being killed.

And then on Aug. 15, during a federal bond hearing on unrelated charges for Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor, 25, of McClellanville, South Carolina, an FBI agent alleged damning new details. Agent Gerrick Munoz testified that a prison inmate had told authorities he'd seen Taylor in 2009 allegedly "sexually abusing" Brittanee with other men in a "stash house" in the McClellanville area.

MOre @ Link...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Parents of Brittanee Drexel Speak for the First Time About Her Horrific Murder: 'They're Monsters'

Updated October 8, 2016 at 2:29pm EDT

The parents of the missing New York teen, Brittanee Drexel, spoke to Dr. Phil on Friday about their daughter and her horrific alleged murder while on Spring Break in South Carolina seven years ago.

The rising soccer star, who was then-17-years-old, traveled to Myrtle Beach with her friends without telling her parents and disappeared after leaving her friend’s hotel room on April 2009.

In early August, the FBI told a judge that authorities believed Drexel was kidnapped, gang raped and later shot to death before her body was thrown to alligators.

Dawn Drexel spoke about the grief she and her family went through after their daughter’s disappearance.

“My heart just broke because Brittanee didn’t deserve this,” she said. “Brittanee didn’t even know these people. And for them to do that to my daughter is just, I mean, for nothing. I just feel that they’re monsters.”

Drexel told Dr. Phil she believes pieces of her daughter’s remains can still be found, even as authorities told her there was nothing to be found.

That was one of the things that they had told me, is that, ‘We’ll probably never find her remains.’ I said, ‘Does that mean you’re never going to search for them or look for them?’ I believe that something can be found. I will again request that they go back in there, into these areas that they’re calling ‘The Pit’ and have them search for Brittanee,” she said.

Drexel’s tragic last moments came to light after a jailhouse informant made a confession and said he saw her last moments.

“The jailhouse informant said he walked into this house in McLelinville – it’s called a stash house,” Drexel said. “It’s somewhere where they can put drugs and illegal things. He was walking through the house and he had said that Deshaun and other men were raping my daughter.”

Drexel continued describing the horrific events, saying “Brittanee tried to escape and they ran out and got her and brought her back into the house and pistol whipped her and beat her and shot her.”

FBI agent Gerrick Munoz testified in court, describing what authorities believe happened, citing a recent “jailhouse confession” from an inmate, according to a court transcript obtained by PEOPLE.

Munoz testified at a federal detention hearing for Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor, who had been named a prime suspect in the case, to determine whether Taylor should be free as he awaits trial on unconnected federal robbery charges.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My heart breaks for Brittanee's parents. It's terrible enough for a parent to lose a child under any circumstance, but to find out your child died in such a horrific way, would be unbearable.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Biological father of Brittanee Drexel speaks about case

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 7:52 pm PST

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – More than seven years after the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, her biological father is speaking on camera for the first time.

John Kahyaohlu was interviewed for an upcoming segment of "Crime Watch Daily." He spoke about the moment he found out something had happened to his daughter.

"Well, her mother Dawn called me. She said, basically, ‘John, Brittanee’s missing,’" Kahyaohlu said. "And I go, ‘What do you mean she’s missing and she says, ‘Well, unfortunately, she went to Myrtle Beach without my knowledge.’ I was shocked."

Kahyaohlu had just recently been reunited with his daughter when she went missing from Myrtle Beach in 2009. The hours, weeks, months and years following Drexel's disappearance would be full of mystery.

He and the rest of Drexel's family were left wondering where she had gone and what happened to her, as well as reflecting on the last moments they had spent together.

"We were at Friendly’s (and we) took a picture of her," Kahyaohlu said. "Friendly’s, that’s one of the biggest pictures that (is) being used to find her."

The answers to what happened to Drexel wouldn't come until earlier this year.

An FBI agent testifying in federal court said authorities believed Drexel was abducted from Myrtle Beach and then taken to a stash house in McClellanville, where she was gang raped, shot and then fed to alligators.

"A lot of the kids know what happened," Kahyaohlu said. "They’re not coming forward. I’m not sure if they’re afraid to come forward or if they’re actually a part of it. But they definitely do know something and … they should come forward."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FBI: New details in case of teen who was abducted, gang-raped, shot and fed to alligators

Posted 4:48 pm, November 30, 2016, by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – There is new information on a headline-grabbing case out of South Carolina – A 17-year-old high school soccer star goes missing, and what investigators believe happened to her [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

The Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is a popular and relatively safe place for families and spring-breakers.

On the night of April 25, 2009, everything changed when 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel walked out of a hotel and was never seen or heard from again. Now, seven years later, the FBI has new information.

For weeks before her disappearance, Brittanee had been bugging her mother about going to Myrtle Beach with some friends for spring break.

"And I told her, I said ‘No, Brittanee,'" said Dawn Drexel. "She goes, ‘Why? Nothing’s gonna happen to me, mom.’ I said, ‘Brittanee, there’s no parental supervision. I don’t know these kids you’re going with,’ and I said, ‘Something’s going to happen to you.'"

So Brittanee asked mom if she could spend a few days at a friend’s home nearby in Rochester, New York.

"They had put this person on the phone and I thought I was talking to a parent and I told her she could stay since, you know, it was her spring break," said Dawn.

But it wasn’t a parent. Brittanee hopped in a car with three girlfriends and sneaked off to Myrtle Beach. And Brittanee would maintain the charade by phone right up to the day of her disappearance.

"I said ‘What are you doing later on?’ She said ‘We’re just gonna watch a movie, and we’re just gonna hang out,'" said Dawn. "She says, ‘I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you.’ And I told her I love her too and that was the last time I talked to her."

Then tomorrow came, and Dawn would learn the truth in the worst way imaginable, getting a call from Brittanee’s boyfriend, who had stayed behind in Rochester.

"He’s like, ‘She’s in Myrtle Beach and they can’t find her,'" said Dawn. "And I’m like, ‘What? What do you mean they can’t find her?’ And my heart just sank. I thought she was here the whole time and I felt in my heart she had made this decision that may have cost her her life."

Brittanee’s boyfriend told Dawn that Brittanee had suddenly stopped returning his texts and that none of her friends in Myrtle Beach had seen her since the previous night.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Inside the Years-Long Search Brittanee Drexel’s Mom Launched for Her Missing Daughter

Posted on December 30, 2016 at 4:00pm EST

Dawn Drexel remembers how fearful and overwhelmed she felt in the days after her 17-year-old daughter, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], disappeared during a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, in 2009.

It’s the experience she endured afterward — the emotional and financial drain — that inspired her to start a new foundation to support other families in their search for loved ones.

"You can’t imagine your child is missing," Dawn tells PEOPLE. "It’s surreal. You just can’t believe it’s happening to you."

As Brittanee remained gone, and the days turned into years, Dawn was forced to grapple with the agony of wondering where her daughter was, if she was trying somehow to get home — or if she was dead.

"You’re just numb for the first few years," Dawn says.

Like other parents of missing children, she had no idea about the costs associated with the search for loved ones who have vanished, including travel and hotel expenses, money for lawyers and other professionals.

When Brittanee disappeared, Dawn moved from her home in Rochester, New York, to Myrtle Beach so she could search for her every day. "You will go to the ends of the earth and try everything possible to find your missing child," she says.

To help the parents of other missing children, in November, Dawn started [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to provide long-term advocacy services and support to families of missing children and human trafficking victims.

Saying prayers for Ms. Drexel. It's a shame the POS won't step up and take responsibility.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Officers conduct search in case of Brittanee Drexel, who was alleged killed, fed to alligators

FBI said Drexel was killed in 2009, fed to alligators

Updated: 5:53 PM EDT Mar 24, 2017

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF/WHEC) — Few details have been released about a search Friday that was connected to the Brittanee Drexel case.

The FBI announced last summer that investigators believed Drexel was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Myrtle Beach in April 2009.

An FBI agent’s court testimony alleges that Drexel was abducted, gang-raped at a "stash house" in the McClellanville area, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

WHEC News 10 reported that there was an active search in connection to the case in Georgetown County. Search warrants were obtained by the FBI in Myrtle Beach, WHEC reported.

Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Joey Crosby confirmed they have officers involved in the search.

Attorney Brad Conway told WHEC that Dawn Drexel, Brittanee’smother, was contacted by law enforcement and advised they had investigativewarrants that would be served on Friday.

"Other than that, we’ve been given no other information and we’reon standby, as is everybody else right now, to find out what, if anything, they found that would be of value to Brittanee Drexel’s murder case," Conway said.

When asked by the WHEC reporter about the family’s mindset, Conwaysaid Brittanee’s mother is on "pins and needles."

Praying for Brittanee's family

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank you Aubrey

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    thank you Aubrey
    You're welcome Sara, sure hoping something comes out of this search for her family's sake.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    me too. I cannot imagine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video of scene of the search.... digging on private property (Foxfire Court) in Georgetown County.

FBI on scene in Georgetown County; attorney confirms connection to Brittanee Drexel

Last edited by Chantel; 03-24-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast