Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Investigators wrap up Drexel search in Georgetown. FBI says they’re getting closer

Investigative activity related to the Brittanee Drexel case resumed Sunday morning in the woods off of Foxfire Court in Georgetown. Operations were completed by 2 p.m., but investigators were mum on what they found.

“The last three days we have progressed the investigation,” Don Woods, a supervisory agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, said at the scene. “We’re not going to discuss what we found or what we did not find. I’m confident in telling you the investigation was advanced. We have progressed.”

Authorities, including the FBI and local police, have been tight-lipped about what they were doing and what they appeared to be looking for in the area with K-9s and an excavation unit that were brought in Saturday.

“We’re confident we’re getting closer to resolving this matter and bringing those accountable to justice,” Woods said, citing the many agencies which have helped in the investigation.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope this wasn't just for show, I can't imagine they would spend the time and money for show.

and I hope they really do have something....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    I hope this wasn't just for show, I can't imagine they would spend the time and money for show.

and I hope they really do have something....

According to the FBI Agent, Don Woods, the search has progressed the case and they're getting closer to resolving it and bringing those responsible to justice. IMO, they found something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FBI: Brittanee Drexel case 'advanced' by Georgetown search

Snip

WCIV) — The search of a wooded lot in Georgetown County connected to the[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] case ended Sunday with the FBI reporting there were advancements in the case.

Special agent Don Wood with the FBI said there's still more work to do, but investigators believe what they learned after several days spent on Foxfire Court will help bring those responsible for the disappearance and death of Drexel to justice. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"We're confident were getting closer to resolving this matter." Wood said.

The special agent consistently told reporters at a brief press conference Sunday that he would not comment on specifics, but he did admit that officers chasing down leads and work done previously in McClellanville led investigators to Foxfire Court.

"We still [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] something about Drexel's disappearance," Wood said.

He admitted that every area hit recently in connection with the case has yielded positive results, and said there is still more work to do as the case continues to advance.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God, I hope so. This child needs justice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and her poor parents need some closure!
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so, I have some info from a secret group I'm on on FB. People close to the case. I was invited by a friend to help with researching.

Apparently a tip came in last week, someone who said they knew the Taylor's and that he was told two stories, one of which was that Britt was buried inside a car. That might be why they had the backhoe in this weekend, seems like a piece of machinery that large would disturbs remains if they weren't enclosed in something.

And they really dug deep.
    Last edited by protectkidz; 03-27-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is a really crappy video, but during questions it comes out that on Friday, 3-4 people were brought in to Georgetown for arrest in trafficking...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is a really crappy video, but during questions it comes out that on Friday, 3-4 people were brought in to Georgetown for arrest in trafficking...

I know they are saying they found some more evidence but I think the FBI guy almost implies they think they can find the remains. maybe it is only my high hopes. I had been think swamps not woods. thank you so much pk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok, I've learned that on Friday, the US Marshalls brought 4 previously arrested sex traffickers from Charleston and they were booked into the Georgetown jail. Popular thinking is that they maybe are giving up info.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok, I've learned that on Friday, the US Marshalls brought 4 previously arrested sex traffickers from Charleston and they were booked into the Georgetown jail. Popular thinking is that they maybe are giving up info.

I believe they asked the FBI that on the video and it was "no comment" I think

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    yeah, he wouldn't answer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    going to try and check records

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there is a Kerry Ontavic Taylor from Colmbia,SC 23 yrs old Booked 3-24-17 by US Marshalls. Case number GC03241703984
    Last edited by SaraSidle; 03-26-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing this information. I was wondering why they would bring in such a large backhoe to search for sensitive evidence. Something as large as a car would explain it. I really hope this case gets resolved soon.
    Last edited by Chantel; 03-27-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he said "no comment."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a Kerry Ontavic Taylor from Colmbia,SC 23 yrs old Booked 3-24-17 by US Marshalls. Case number GC03241703984

Some background information on Kerry Taylor.

Indictment sheds light on sex-trafficking ring that included North Charleston

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Some background information on Kerry Taylor.

Indictment sheds light on sex-trafficking ring that included North Charleston

McClellanville and Columbia are 2 hours apart. hmm

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McClellanville and Columbia are 2 hours apart. hmm
    The guy sure gets around.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if this Kerry Taylor is part of the McClellanville clan??

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    someone did some double-checking and the 4 lads that were booked on Friday (you can see who was booked here, by just typing in the booking date of 3/24/2017), and found that all 4 had been brought by US Marshals from other jails on Friday - I think they all came from Charleston.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    someone did some double-checking and the 4 lads that were booked on Friday (you can see who was booked here, by just typing in the booking date of 3/24/2017), and found that all 4 had been brought by US Marshals from other jails on Friday - I think they all came from Charleston.

thank you protectkidz. interesting list. wonder why Kerry taylor did not show up. I used the last name of Taylor when I looked it up and he was the only one booked 3-24-17. (the only Taylor I mean). Good job on the others!!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank you protectkidz. interesting list. wonder why Kerry taylor did not show up. I used the last name of Taylor when I looked it up and he was the only one booked 3-24-17. (the only Taylor I mean). Good job on the others!!!!
    omg, just went and looked and the four guys are no longer showing up as being booked on the 24th! and they were just there a few minutes ago when I checked!

eta: nevermind, I hadn't refreshed my search!! The four guys brought over are the ones that have No Charges Listed on their info. and Da'Shun Curry pleaded guilty last October to his sex trafficking charges - no new charges from Georgetown so I am guessing that these 4 were brought over because they had info.
    Last edited by protectkidz; 03-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    03/27/2017 02:01 pm ET
    FBI Advances Search For Spring Breaker Feared Murdered, Fed To Alligators
    “We’ve made strides in bringing those responsible … to justice,” an official said
    David Lohr

More than seven years after a teenager was allegedly abducted, gang-raped and murdered, investigators in South Carolina converged on a wooded dead-end dirt road this weekend.
    The search for 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel’s remains began Friday, with an excavator digging in the Greentown community of Georgetown County. The dig was suspended on Sunday.
    Officials declined to say what they found in the dirt they examined. But FBI Supervisory Agent Donald Woods said the investigation was advanced.
    “We are not going to discuss what we found or what we didn’t find,” Woods told reporters, according to South Strand News. “I am confident in telling you … we’ve made strides in bringing those responsible for Brittanee’s death and disappearance to justice, and we feel good about that.”

Drexel, of Rochester, New York, was 17 years old in April 2009, when she went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on spring break. Friends last saw the teen on April 25 of that year, when she left the Bar Harbor Hotel in Myrtle Beach to meet friends at the nearby BlueWater Resort. Surveillance footage shows Drexel arriving at the resort, then leaving roughly 10 minutes later. What happened to her after that remains a mystery.
    Drexel’s cell phone gave off its last signal the day after she went missing. Investigators narrowed the phone location to an area near the South Santee River in Georgetown County. As a result, multiple searches for the missing teen have been conducted it that area.
    Last year, authorities revealed that an inmate who is serving a 25-year sentence for voluntary manslaughter claimed to have information in the disappearance of Drexel. That inmate, who has been identified by police as Taquan Brown, allegedly spoke with investigators in August 2016 about the teen’s final moments.
    According to a federal court transcript obtained by the Post and Courier, Brown said he saw Drexel a few days after her disappearance, at a house in McClellanville. Brown told investigators he saw several men sexually abuse the teen and then later heard two gunshots. He alleged that the teen’s body was later wrapped up and removed from the property.

Several witnesses have corroborated Brown’s story and alleged Drexel’s body was “placed in a pit, or gator pit, to have her body disposed of. Eaten by the gators,” the court documents allege.
    Since that time, authorities have remained tight-lipped about the status of the investigation.
    According to Woods, the weekend search was based on leads investigators have received in connection with Drexel’s disappearance.
    “The leads led us to McClellanville last summer and the same work and perseverance led us to Georgetown this spring,” the agent said.
    Brittanee Drexel’s father, Chad Drexel, said authorities are far from done with the case.
    “They’re not going to stop until it’s done,” he told Buffalo’s WIVB-TV on Monday. “It’s not going to end up being a cold case, and that’s a good thing for our family

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Brown is getting anything for talking? he is not getting the reward obviously and he could get real hurt if the perps are caught and imprisoned. I wonder if he is telling the truth. does this make any sense?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This putting her in a pit to be eaten by gators...were this witnesses to that or are they just repeating what someone told them?
    It could have been a lie, the perps spreading it in hopes LE would never look for her thinking she was eaten.
    With the excavator, they weren't meticulously looking for bones. As they do in other cases.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal View Post
    This putting her in a pit to be eaten by gators...were this witnesses to that or are they just repeating what someone told them?
    It could have been a lie, the perps spreading it in hopes LE would never look for her thinking she was eaten.
    With the excavator, they weren't meticulously looking for bones. As they do in other cases.
    actually there was another case in California I believe I read about in Crime Library. the poster was from CA and she was saying that they were using excavators for bodies but that does not mean South Carolina would do that. Also supposedly they retrieved a lot of information from a guy in prison with the last name Brown. he stated he was there at the time and Deshaun Taylor was offering the girl for sex and she started to run. One of the Taylors (father or son) shot her, wrapped her up and put her in an alligator pit. This is a strong lead they were working on in McLellanville. Might be in the beginning of the thread. that is why I wonder if he may have changed his story since they are looking in the woods now. was Brown just going for reward, was Brown afraid of what might happen to him in prison so he gave the wrong story. Brown might have been worried about what might happen in prison so he changed his story to Georgetown. or maybe LE has a new tipster.. I just don't know!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    actually there was another case in California I believe I read about in Crime Library. the poster was from CA and she was saying that they were using excavators for bodies but that does not mean South Carolina would do that. Also supposedly they retrieved a lot of information from a guy in prison with the last name Brown. he stated he was there at the time and Deshaun Taylor was offering the girl for sex and she started to run. One of the Taylors (father or son) shot her, wrapped her up and put her in an alligator pit. This is a strong lead they were working on in McLellanville. Might be in the beginning of the thread. that is why I wonder if he may have changed his story since they are looking in the woods now. was Brown just going for reward, was Brown afraid of what might happen to him in prison so he gave the wrong story. Brown might have been worried about what might happen in prison so he changed his story to Georgetown. or maybe LE has a new tipster.. I just don't know!
    I think the 4 guys they brought over from Charleston gave them some info.

and from what I'm reading, what they found this past weekend ties in to what they have gotten from Brown. I think there was truth to what Brown told them, but probably not complete truth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search of gator-infested woods for remains of 17-year-old woman who was 'gang raped, shot and fed to alligators' ends quietly

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attorney: Brittanee Drexel suspect has alibis, won't be charged

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast