Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, found murdered in Delphi, IN

Bodies found in search for missing Indiana teens; foul play suspected
    February 14, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. -- Police say they have found two bodies in an Indiana creek amid a search for two missing Carroll County teens. Foul play is suspected.

Liberty German and Abigail Williams, both 13, were reported missing around 5:30 p.m. on Monday. They had reportedly been dropped off near a hiking trail that day. Police told CBS affiliate WTTV they were supposed to be picked up by family members at a predetermined time and place, but when family arrived the girls were not there.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I didn't even know these girls were missing until I saw on FB their bodies had been found.
    Last edited by mykittysmama; 02-18-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is the first I'm reading about this as well. They were just kids .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks, Kah.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the girls went to meet up with anyone?

here's the latest from the DM:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Liberty's facebook:

here's Abigail's:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing
    FEBRUARY 15, 2017

Update: Police released a photo of a man taken on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking.

Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Admin
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    I wonder if the girls went to meet up with anyone?

here's the latest from the DM:

Excellent question, pk, I am curious about that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahskye View Post
    Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing
    FEBRUARY 15, 2017

Update: Police released a photo of a man taken on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking.

Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

I sure hope LE develops some good leads right away, these poor girls and their families/community need answers.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    how did they get the pic of this guy? so weird!!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    how did they get the pic of this guy? so weird!!!!
    Right?? I wonder if one the girls took the picture and it was found on their phone?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ View Post
    Right?? I wonder if one the girls took the picture and it was found on their phone?
    that's what I was thinking!!! I know they were snapchatting...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that's what I was thinking!!! I know they were snapchatting...
    Yep. I can't imagine what their parents must be going through

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Police and federal agents executed a search warrant at an Indiana home Thursday night as part of an ongoing investigation into the double homicide of two teenage girls who were found dead on a hiking trail this week.

Indiana State Police Sgt Kim Riley said the warrant was obtained for a home in the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road outside Delphi, 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. A person living on the property was interviewed but no arrests were made...."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Police and federal agents executed a search warrant at an Indiana home Thursday night as part of an ongoing investigation into the double homicide of two teenage girls who were found dead on a hiking trail this week.

Indiana State Police Sgt Kim Riley said the warrant was obtained for a home in the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road outside Delphi, 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. A person living on the property was interviewed but no arrests were made...."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hummm makes me wonder if the person whose home they went to is the man on the walking path they were looking for.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 View Post
    Hummm makes me wonder if the person whose home they went to is the man on the walking path they were looking for.
    I sure hope so. This case reminds me of the Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins murders in 2012. That case has not been solved, has it?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    I sure hope so. This case reminds me of the Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins murders in 2012. That case has not been solved, has it?
    Exactly!!! No, I dont think it has been solved yet?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is the picture of the man on the trail that LE want to question. Courtesy of twitter

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi

Feb 16, 2017

snipped

Here’s a timeline of the case as it has developed so far:

Monday, Feb. 13, 2017

1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.

5:30 p.m. The girls fail to show up at a predetermined location to be picked up by a family member. They’re reported missing.

Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.

12 a.m. Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017

Tuesday morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.

Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.

2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.

4 p.m. Delphi Community Schools Superintendent Gregory Briles releases a statement saying that the bodies found in the afternoon are those of two “missing Delphi Community Middle School students” despite no confirmation from police.

Briles says grief counselors will be made available to students and staff. Briles later says school security will be stepped up. All after school activities at Delphi Community Middle School are canceled for the remainder of the week.

7 p.m. The Delphi United Methodist Church opens for a vigil.

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017

8 a.m. Autopsies are conducted in Terre Haute on the bodies discovered during Tuesday’s search. Local authorities convene a meeting after the autopsies are complete.

10 a.m. Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police provides a brief update on the investigation. He says the autopsies are complete but declines to confirm the identities or discuss a suspect or person of interest in the case. He says police have received “hundreds of tips” from the community.

Riley advises parents to keep a close eye on their children and monitor their whereabouts.

3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide.

They say they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community.

7 p.m. Indiana State Police release a photo of a man reportedly walking on the trail around the time of the girls’ disappearance. Police say they want to talk to the individual but stop short of calling him a suspect.

Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017

6 p.m. Police set up a tip line for anyone with information in the case to call: 844-459-5786. They say they’ve had upwards of 250 tips so far.

6:45 p.m. Funeral arrangements set for 14-year-old Liberty “Libby” German.

7:45 p.m. Indiana State Police serve a search warrant in connection with the case at a home in Delphi. No arrests were made.

Last edited by mykittysmama; 02-18-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Liberty German and Abigail Williams

courtesy of twitter

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How they can say they they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community? Hellooooooo, there's a flippin murderer running loose!! SMH!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How they can say they they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community? Hellooooooo, there's a flippin murderer running loose!! SMH!
    I wondered that too! If they don't know who it is how can they say he/she is not an immediate danger to the community?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    I wondered that too! If they don't know who it is how can they say he/she is not an immediate danger to the community?
    I guess maybe they are trying to not cause mass hysteria. But come on, be real!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man seen in photos now deemed "main suspect" in Indiana girls' deaths

February 19, 2017, 1:38 PM

Investigators released this photo of a man seen on the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana on Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, the same day two girls were killed. They’re seeking to identify him in the hopes he has information. WTTV

DELPHI, Ind. - A man photographed walking along a northern Indiana trail system around the time two teenage girls later found slain were dropped off by a relative is now considered "the main suspect" in their killings, State Police said Sunday.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]previously had been considered a person authorities wanted to speak to in their investigation of the killings of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

"He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders," Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday. "We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time," he said.

The man in the photo released by investigators was seen on Delphi Historic Trails on Monday, around the same time the teens were seen walking, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope someone ID's this guy ASAP!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post

Investigators released this photo of a man seen on the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana on Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, the same day two girls were killed. They’re seeking to identify him in the hopes he has information. WTTV

DELPHI, Ind. - A man photographed walking along a northern Indiana trail system around the time two teenage girls later found slain were dropped off by a relative is now considered "the main suspect" in their killings, State Police said Sunday.

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]previously had been considered a person authorities wanted to speak to in their investigation of the killings of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

"He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders," Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday. "We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time," he said.

The man in the photo released by investigators was seen on Delphi Historic Trails on Monday, around the same time the teens were seen walking, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He was my main suspect the second I seen the pic!! I hope they find him!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The photo is not great, but good enough to id if he is local and not a transient, someone should recognize him.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The photo is not great, but good enough to id if he is local and not a transient, someone should recognize him.
    Yes basic face shape, jacket and kinda the shoes. Type of pants.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes basic face shape, jacket and kinda the shoes. Type of pants.
    Yes, agreeing with both of you. I'm curious if this was a random murder or did this POS happen to know both girls. It's horrific either way!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, agreeing with both of you. I'm curious if this was a random murder or did this POS happen to know both girls. It's horrific either way!
    It is just beyond my comprehension why someone would murder 2 young girls that are out for a walk.

Then again, I don't understand any kind of murder.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sneaking in at work. Do you think the girls had been there before and met him on another day? So many questions going through my head.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sgt. John Perrine ‏@ISPIndianapolis

Somebody can identify this man

Look closely at the hat & coat. It's ok if you're wrong, just please call 844-459-5786 w/ tips

We MUST find him

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Sneaking in at work. Do you think the girls had been there before and met him on another day? So many questions going through my head.
    Yes, Apparently the girls had been in this area before. I don't think they knew him personally, just by sight.

ETA: reminds me of the April Millsap case.
    Last edited by Aubrey; 02-20-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast