Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this guy was interviewed, don't know if he was there the day the girls were murdered. Check out the pic of the suspect - and then check out the pic of Brian Maas from this interview:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm sure he's been cleared but the pic of the suspect is so NORMAL that it's no wonder they haven't caught up with the guy yet, imo.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Prosecutor urges calm in Delphi as police search for suspect linked to teens’ deaths

Feb 20, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. – As police search for the killer of two Delphi teenagers, the Carroll County prosecutor is urging the community to remain calm as the investigation continues.

Carroll County Prosecutor Robert T. Ives took to Facebook to remind residents that no one has been charged in the case. He implored residents not to “harass, bother or accuse anyone,” especially those who live at a home that was the subject of a search warrant last week.

“No one at the home searched is suspected of committing any crime,” Ives wrote Sunday afternoon. “Please, please leave these people alone and let the police work.”

snipped

Authorities originally released a photo of the man on Wednesday. Police don’t know his name, but he was photographed on the same walking trail as the teens. He appears to be wearing blue jeans, a dark jacket and hoodie.

Police haven’t released specific details about why they think the man is linked the girls’ deaths, but they believe he participated in the murders and are appealing to the public for tips.

“We encourage folks to give us those tips. We do have an anonymous tip line. Any information, whether how minute you might believe it to be, it might the one piece of the puzzle that solves this case for us,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum with Indiana State Police.

“There are officers from police agencies from your local agency, all the way to the federal level that are working tirelessly, trying to follow every lead,” he said.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    this guy was interviewed, don't know if he was there the day the girls were murdered. Check out the pic of the suspect - and then check out the pic of Brian Maas from this interview:

I'm sure he's been cleared but the pic of the suspect is so NORMAL that it's no wonder they haven't caught up with the guy yet, imo.

Similar but the suspect in the pic looks younger and heavier? Yes, looks just like a "normal" guy, blue coat, jeans etc. Could be from any where, might or might not be a local?
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish I knew where they got this pic! It was said in one article that it's grainy because it was cropped from a larger pic - could it have been on one of the snapchat pics?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wish I knew where they got this pic! It was said in one article that it's grainy because it was cropped from a larger pic - could it have been on one of the snapchat pics?
    Could it be from a trail cam?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    snipped

Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found. The girls were dropped off Monday around 1 p.m. near the creek, less than a mile from where the bodies were found, to walk around and hang out.

Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The last photograph of Abigail Williams alive, on the old train bridge, was posted by Libby German on Snapchat at around 2pm on Monday. Photo / Snapchat

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now I'm wondering if the pic of the man was found on one of the girl's phones?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Now I'm wondering if the pic of the man was found on one of the girl's phones?
    in that last pic, if you look behind Abby all the way down the tracks, it looks like someone walking.

I haven't blown it up yet.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    in that last pic, if you look behind Abby all the way down the tracks, it looks like someone walking.

Could be, and also why the pic is so grainy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Hundreds gathered to pay their last respects to two teenage girls found dead near a hiking trail in Indiana, as a prosecutor warned the public to stay away from the investigation.

Liberty 'Libby' German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, were buried by friends and family in separate private funerals on Sunday, as the amassed residents of the town of Delphi lined the streets to say goodbye.

That followed a day of mourning by the community Saturday, including a visitation attended by thousands at Delphi Community Schools and a mass releasing of lanterns to pay respect to the slain girls.

Also on Sunday, Carroll County Indiana prosecuting attorney Robert T Ives posted a message on Facebook telling residents to not 'harass, bother, or accuse anyone' - including the residents of a home investigated by police. ..."

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mike Pelton ‏@MikePeltonRTV6 3m3 minutes ago

Investigators now calling this man the suspect in murders of two Delphi teens. More tips coming in. No ID on him yet

ETA Looking at the pic, he is on the bridge.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the larger pic, mkm.

is he wearing a hat? I had thought he was, now it looks like sandy brown hair?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the larger pic, mkm.

is he wearing a hat? I had thought he was, now it looks like sandy brown hair?
    Looks like a camo baseball cap to me?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I tried to sharpen the picture in photoshop.... didn't really help much?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is anybody following along to see what's being said over on FB? Locals seems to know and tell more than LE during one of these hunts.

Sounds like the house that was searched is having their troubles with the police asking the public to leave them alone.

We had two young girls at the pool today. It's presidents day so they didn't have school. Both young and 13 years old. Their mother is an instructor so they were going to take the class.

What a shame the two murdered girls will never again take any class or do anything young girls love to do. Sad...sad.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last photograph of Abigail Williams alive, on the old train bridge, was posted by Libby German on Snapchat at around 2pm on Monday. Photo / Snapchat
    pic from fb

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    pic from fb
    That's kinda creepy......

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pic from fb
    I don't know how to do the drawing thing, but look straight down the tracks behind her - does it look like a figure?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Police expand search for suspect in 2 Indiana girls' deaths

Feb 20, 2017

Authorities said Monday they are expanding the search for a suspect in the killings of two girls who were found dead near a northern Indiana trail last week.

Indiana State Police are looking beyond the town of Delphi for a man photographed near the trail Feb. 13 around the time a relative dropped the girls off, Sgt. Kim Riley told WLFI-TV in Lafayette.

Police said Sunday that the unidentified man is the "main suspect" in the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams.

"We are actually expanding out," Riley said Monday. "We want people who may have seen somebody walking, that may have picked up a hitchhiker, that may have seen a hitchhiker around that afternoon."

Authorities have not detailed the evidence that led them to consider the man a suspect or how they obtained the grainy photograph. Police had previously said they considered him a person they wanted to speak with as part of the investigation.

more at link

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pic from fb
    What am I supposed to be seeing in the green circles?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pic from fb
    OMG, looks like the guy!!!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the picture with the green circles the same picture with the girl in it blown up? Or is it a completely different picture because in the pic with the girl you cannot see the man behind the tree except in the circled FB pic? It looks like 2 different pics.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is the picture with the green circles the same picture with the girl in it blown up? Or is it a completely different picture because in the pic with the girl you cannot see the man behind the tree except in the circled FB pic? It looks like 2 different pics.
    same picture with Abby.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    same picture with Abby.
    I really don't see anything in the first pic. I had my DD look too and she doesn't see anything either. But in the FB pic it is so prominent.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It does look like a person down there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pic from fb
    I'm not understanding what this picture means

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I'm not understanding what this picture means
    Some are saying that it looks like a person hiding behind the tree in the green circles. I just don't see it in the original pic that Abby posted. In the FB pic it looks like could be someone, imo it could be photoshopped?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    5 Things to Know: The Case of Slain Indiana Teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German

Feb 20, 2017

snipped

1. The Girls Went Missing Last Monday After Going Hiking

The girls were reported missing by family on Monday evening after they were dropped off to go hiking near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge.

Liberty and Abigail were familiar with the community trails, which were popular with locals.

“She went hiking often,” Mike Patty, Liberty’s grandfather, previously told PEOPLE of his granddaughter, who he raised alongside his wife, Becky.

“We talked all the time [about safety], it was something that I stressed, but I guess not enough,” Patty said.

During the hike, Liberty posted a photo to Snapchat of Abigail walking on the bridge alone. The friends were supposed to be picked up by family later that afternoon but they never showed up to the pickup location.

2. Police Said the ‘Way the Bodies Were Found’ Led Them To Declare a Homicide

While police initially did not suspect foul play in the girls’ disappearance, on Tuesday they said their deaths were homicides.

“We are investigating this as a crime scene,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said at a press conference last Tuesday, adding that the “way the bodies were found” led them to believe the girls were killed.

The girls’ bodies were found nearly 60 feet from the water’s edge on private property, Riley said on Wednesday. He would not comment on whether they had any obvious injuries.

3. Police Have Not Revealed Cause of Death

Officials have not released any information on the girls’ causes of death, citing the ongoing investigation.

“Some of that information could be key in a prosecution, so I feel like that information at this current time needs to be protected so that we make sure the case is properly handled when the time comes for criminal prosecution,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said at last Tuesday’s press conference.

Officials said members of the public should remain cautious of an alleged killer roaming the streets.

“It is disturbing,” Leazenby said. “There is somebody out there that did do this crime and we’re going to track them down.”

There is no know motive for the killings.

4. A Man Photographed Near the Scene was Identified as a Suspect

Last Wednesday, Indiana State Police released two photos of a man who was seen walking along the trail at around the same time Abigail and Liberty were there.

On Sunday, state police announced the man pictured is the main suspect in the girls’ deaths.

“He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders,” Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday, according to CBS News. “We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time.”

The photos appear to show a white man dressed in light blue jeans and a blue jacket over a brown shirt.

Since the two photos of him were released, the man in question hasn’t contacted authorities, Slocum said.

“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” Slocum said.

5. The Girls Were Best Friends

Abigail and Liberty were best friends, Patty told PEOPLE. The teens met as little girls and bonded over their love of sports.

When they weren’t in class together at the local middle school, Abigail and Liberty were playing sports or hiking Delphi’s community trails, Patty said.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    It does look like a person down there.
    It was said on the Facebook thread I lifted it from that the police made those circles.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast