Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the updates/pictures. I was away from home all day, so haven't seen/heard any news.

I was hoping an arrest had been made.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One week later, no arrests in Delphi killings

Feb 20, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. — Seven painful days have passed since 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams first disappeared.

One week later, investigators seemed no closer to solving the girls' deaths than they were on Feb. 14, when they announced that two bodies were found near Deer Creek east of Delphi, roughly a half-mile upstream from where the girls were last seen, and that foul play was suspected.

On Sunday, police confirmed what many already feared: The man in a grainy photo released Feb. 15 is a suspect in the killings.

Previously, police declined to indicate if he was a suspect or person of interest. So far, he has not been identified or taken into custody.

The wording of the announcement — issued in a news release by Indiana State Police — seemed to suggest that more than one person could be involved.

The man in the photo, for example, was said to be suspected of "participating in the murders" of the two teenagers.

Leazenby, however, declined to comment on how many people could be involved.

"That’s obviously the number one question: Where does he fit in the big picture?" he said.

Hundreds more tips have been called in since the photo was released and the man was labelled as a suspect, he added. He declined to comment on how or where the photo was captured.

"(We're) still very focused on following into those leads and tips as they come in," Leazenby said. "We're not ignoring any of the stones — we're turning every one of them over."

more at link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    It was said on the Facebook thread I lifted it from that the police made those circles.
    Thank you. Do you have the link to the FB page?
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama View Post
    Here is one that you have to join. They respond to a request really quick, at least they did for me.
    Don't know if there are others.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    Here is one that you have to join. They respond to a request really quick, at least they did for me.

Thank you Jani, going to try to join now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jani, going to try to join now.
    Here is a video someone took while crossing that bridge and let me tell you, I would never attempt it. Missing & rotten railroad ties, no hand rails, a long way down and a long way accross.... EEK... I am a bit of a chicken, not real adventurous, especially when it comes to heights.

Last edited by Jani; 02-21-2017 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here is a video someone took while crossing that bridge and let me tell you, I would never attempt it. Missing & rotten railroad ties, no hand rails, a long way down and a long way accross.... EEK... I am a bit of a chicken, not real adventurous, especially when it comes to heights.

Thank you, no way would I cross it either.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you!! I just clicked the join button. I sure hope they find that guy today!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing Jani, I joined last night, lots good post. I read until my eyes were bleeding! lol
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe I need more coffee, but I think the guy in the beginning of the video resembles the man in the picture.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to find it - but it was on my mom's FB.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mike Pelton‏@MikePeltonRTV6 7m7 minutes ago

Press conference tomorrow morning in Delphi. Authorities plan to release more info in murders of two teens at 10a. TIPS: 844-459-5786 @rtv6

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Thanks for sharing Jani, I joined last night, lots good post. I read until my eyes were bleeding! lol
    I had to go to bed early last night but saw now that I had been accepted into the group so lots to catch up on, thanks again Jani for the link!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mike Pelton‏@MikePeltonRTV6 7m7 minutes ago

Press conference tomorrow morning in Delphi. Authorities plan to release more info in murders of two teens at 10a. TIPS: 844-459-5786 @rtv6
    Thank goodness!! We need more details!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am afraid to be disappointed but it seems like the police are either holding back a lot of information or they know nothing. I will check FB
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    in that last pic, if you look behind Abby all the way down the tracks, it looks like someone walking.

I haven't blown it up yet.
    Good catch. Creepy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    I am afraid to be disappointed but it seems like the police are either holding back a lot of information or they know nothing. I will check FB
    You know how LE holds things close to the vest and then bam we hear lots of info. It happens all the time. I think we will learn something big tomorrow.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know how LE holds things close to the vest and then bam we hear lots of info. It happens all the time. I think we will learn something big tomorrow.
    I think so too!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Officials to provide update Wednesday on murder investigation of two Delphi teens

by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Updated at 11:56AM, February 21, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. – Officials will provide an updated on the murder investigation of two Delphi teens during an upcoming press conference.

Police issued a release this morning announcing plans to hold a press conference on Wednesday at 10 a.m. The press conference will be held at the Delphi United Methodist Church, located at 1796 North U.S. 421, Delphi.

Police say they will provide information about the ongoing double homicide investigation of Liberty German and Abigail Williams during the briefing.

Praying & keeping my fingers crossed, that LE will announce suspects name or that someone has been arrested.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Officials to provide update Wednesday on murder investigation of two Delphi teens

by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Updated at 11:56AM, February 21, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. – Officials will provide an updated on the murder investigation of two Delphi teens during an upcoming press conference.

Police issued a release this morning announcing plans to hold a press conference on Wednesday at 10 a.m. The press conference will be held at the Delphi United Methodist Church, located at 1796 North U.S. 421, Delphi.

Police say they will provide information about the ongoing double homicide investigation of Liberty German and Abigail Williams during the briefing.

Praying & keeping my fingers crossed, that LE will announce suspects name or that someone has been arrested.
    Same here Aubs! I mean if they have info and they cant find the dude yet, they totally need to let the public help!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are they holding a press conference in a church?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Why are they holding a press conference in a church?
    The town only has a population of about 3,000 so maybe it is the best space to use? I am sure there is going to be lots of media there. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Authorities squash social media investigation rumors in Delphi; prep for press conference

Updated: February 22, 2017, 7:12 am - Video included

DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Police are preparing to release more information about the double homicide investigation in Carroll County Wednesday, but Tuesday they put an end to rumors surrounding the investigation that were circulating on social media.

It’s been one week since 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Liberty German were found dead near the Delphi Historic Trail, and many residents are desperately wanting answers.

Police say too much information released could hinder their investigation, so detectives are being extremely careful with what details they will make public.

"Just because we haven’t released information to the media doesn’t mean we don’t have more information," Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

Police said what you don’t know about this investigation is good for you.

"Some of the facts we don’t release are only known to the person who committed the crime," he said.

Slocum told News 18 earlier Tuesday the information isn’t so pertinent to the investigation that it can’t wait until Wednesday’s press conference, which will be held at 10 a.m. You can watch a live stream of the event on WLFI.com.

Since that person or persons have yet to be arrested or identified, authorities want to remind people to stop jumping to their own conclusions about the case.

"Well, unfortunately we served a warrant earlier in the week and those folks at the residence where the warrant was served, we verified that they are not suspects at this time," said Slocum. "But unfortunately, they have been harassed online and through social media."

Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives is urging the public to stop harassing or accusing people as a result of police questioning.
    Ives said in a Facebook post, "There are no charges pending against anyone as a result of the pending investigation." He also pleaded with others to leave these people alone and let the police do their work.

So anxious for this PC, but getting the feeling they're not going to tell us anything more then we already know.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Live Stream: Press conference @10:00 am

Last edited by Aubrey; 02-22-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's Eastern time right?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ View Post
    That's Eastern time right?
    Good morning, I think so

I'm in CA, so should happen in the next 10 minutes for me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good morning, I think so

I'm in CA, so should happen in the next 10 minutes for me.
    Thank you!! Action on wlfi ...they are lined up and ready...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm watching right now bunch of LE gathered by podium.

Starting in 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have it on, looks like they are waiting for everybody to get there. Somebody just said they will start in 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sound is really good...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast