Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member ~tj~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    8,758
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Shy Mimosa Pudica Plant...

    Neat!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that I would probably kill it by touching it too much, just to make it close up. It's a really cool plant though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member ~tj~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    8,758
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I think that I would probably kill it by touching it too much, just to make it close up. It's a really cool plant though.
    Hehe I know right? I love plants that "do things". Loved my venus fly traps and my monkey cup plant. But I couldn't keep them alive?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    469
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hehe I know right? I love plants that "do things". Loved my venus fly traps and my monkey cup plant. But I couldn't keep them alive?
    You didn't give them tap water, did you?

  5. #5
    Senior Member ~tj~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    8,758
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You didn't give them tap water, did you?
    No it said both needed distilled water. So we would just buy gallon jugs of it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    469
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    No it said both needed distilled water. So we would just buy gallon jugs of it.
    They are difficult to keep alive, IMO. They (Venus flytraps) love humidity and lots of distilled water.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ~tj~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    8,758
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    They are difficult to keep alive, IMO. They (Venus flytraps) love humidity and lots of distilled water.
    I know. I was just sick when they stopped eating I knew that was the beginning of the end. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    469
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I know. I was just sick when they stopped eating I knew that was the beginning of the end. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
    If you are in Florida, you should try pitcher plants. They are a lot more forgiving.

    I have one of these: Nepenthes Alata

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •