Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Trump's Weekly Addresses

I started this topic to post all updates for President Trump's Weekly Addresses

President Trump’s Weekly Address

February 17, 2017

Transcript:

My fellow Americans,

We have taken major steps during the first few weeks of my Administration to remove wasteful regulations and get our people back to work. I have been saying I was going to do that for a long time.

This week I signed two pieces of legislation to remove burdens on our economy, continue to keep my promises to the American People and so much more.

I signed House Joint Resolution 38, which eliminates an anti-coal regulation put forward by unelected bureaucrats. Our coal miners have been treated horribly, and we are going to turn that around - and we are going to turn it around quickly. We are going to fight for lower energy prices for all Americans as part of the deal.

That’s why I also signed a resolution to eliminate a costly regulation Dodd-Frank imposed on American energy companies. By stopping this regulation, we are able to save American companies and workers millions and millions of dollars in job-killing compliance costs.

But to truly succeed as a country, we must realize the full potential of women in our economy.

That is why I was thrilled to host the White House’s women’s business leaders roundtable—very exciting, great women.
    As President, I am committed to ensuring that women entrepreneurs have equal access to the capital, markets, and networks of support that they need, and I mean really need. And it’s going to happen. This is a priority for my Administration. I campaigned on helping women in the workforce, and we are going to deliver on that promise, believe me.

In fact, as part of my first official meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week, we announced the creation of the joint United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders. Actually, very exciting.

The United States also reaffirmed our unbreakable bond this week with our cherished ally, Israel. It was an honor to welcome my friend, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the White House.

I affirmed to the Prime Minister America’s commitment to working with Israel and our allies and partners toward greater security and stability. The threat of terrorism—and believe me it is a threat—must be confronted and defeated and we will defeat it.

We share with Israel a deep conviction that we must protect all innocent human life.

So as you head into the President’s Day weekend, the American people should know that we are working tirelessly on your behalf. We are not here for the benefit of bureaucrats, consultants, or pundits—we are here to work for you, and only for you, the American people.

Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless America.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Chantel; 02-19-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So as you head into the President’s Day weekend, the American people should know that we are working tirelessly on your behalf. We are not here for the benefit of bureaucrats, consultants, or pundits—we are here to work for you, and only for you, the American people.
    Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless America.
    God bless President Trump and his family.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much, Chantel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekly Address - March 3, 2017

The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary

March 03, 2017

President Trump’s Weekly Address

The President’s Weekly Address aired today on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and is now available to watch on .

Transcript:

My fellow Americans,

I'm joining you today from the deck of what will be our Nation's newest aircraft carrier, the soon-to-be commissioned Gerald R. Ford, and as you can see, I’m wearing a jacket and a hat that they just gave me. Not really used to it, but it feels awfully good – I’m very proud of it actually.

Our carriers are the centerpiece of American military might, projecting power and our totally unparalleled strength at sea.

This beautiful new warship represents the future of naval aviation, and she will serve as a cornerstone of our national defense for decades and decades to come.

A famous aviator once wrote that, to build a truly great ship, we shouldn't begin by gathering wood, cutting boards, or distributing work, but instead by awakening within the people a “desire for the vast and endless sea.” So true.

In the same way, we must continue to renew the American spirit in order to rebuild our country, and rebuild it we will.

On Tuesday, before a Joint Session [of] Congress, I laid out a vision – I hope you all watched – for how to accomplish that national rebuilding.

My vision includes the elimination of the defense sequester, which has imposed steep cuts on our military.

We must give our sailors, soldiers, airmen, marines, and coastguardsmen the tools, equipment, resources and training they need to get the job done, and get it done right - especially in these very dangerous times.

The active duty Army has been reduced by more than 85,000 men since 2009, and we have over 18,000 fewer active duty marines.

The Air Force, it’s the smallest it has been since 1947, and their planes are, on average, nearly thirty years old, if you can believe that.

Our Navy's fleet is the smallest it has been since World War I, and that’s a long time ago.
    Frontline Navy and Marine strike fighter aircraft are more likely to be down for maintenance than to be in the sky.

We cannot afford to continue down this path. My budget will give America's armed forces the resources they need to achieve full and total military preparedness to meet any and all global challenges – and meet them, we will.

Investing in the military means investing in peace - because the best way to prevent war, as George Washington said, is to be prepared for it.

Most importantly, an investment in the military is an investment in the incredible men and women who serve our country in uniform. They are the best of us. They are the greatest force for peace and justice the world has ever known - and we will support them every single step of the way.

These are truly exciting times. Amazing opportunities are unfolding before us - to strengthen our military, to reboot our economy, and to bring back our jobs. If we all work together, and put our country first, then anything is possible. Let us seize this moment and make the most of this incredible opportunity for national renewal.

May God bless the men and women of our military, and may God bless the United States of America, the country we love.

Last edited by Chantel; 03-03-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekly Address
    March 10, 2017

My fellow Americans,

In March, we celebrate Women’s History Month, honoring the countless contributions that women leaders, scientists, and entrepreneurs have made throughout American history.

We are a greater, stronger, and more just Nation today because of women like Clara Barton, Susan B. Anthony, Harriet Tubman, and so many others.

We honor them and we recommit ourselves to a better future for every woman in America today.

On my 50th day in office, I want to talk about an issue of paramount importance to families across our nation – healthcare.

Seven years ago this month, Obamacare was signed into law over the profound objections of American people. Our citizens were told they would have to pass Obamacare to find out what it was and how bad it was.

Now we know that the hundreds of pages were full of broken promises.

Americans were promised that Obamacare would bring premiums down $2,500 for a typical family. Instead, they’ve gone up by more than $4,000.

Americans were promised that Obamacare would increase competition and provide them with more choices. Instead, the number of plans to choose from has plummeted – and I mean plummeted.

This year, Americans in nearly one-third of all counties have only one insurer to choose from on the exchanges – or, in effect, no real choice at all.

Americans were promised that if they liked their health insurance and their doctors, they could keep them. Instead, millions of Americans lost the insurance and lost the doctor that they liked and were thrust into a cold new reality of higher costs and less coverage.

Through seven long years of botched rollouts, soaring costs, cancelled plans, and bureaucratic mandates, Americans have called out for relief. And relief is what we are determined to give them.

I want every American to know that action on Obamacare is an urgent necessity.

The law is collapsing around us, and if we do not act to save Americans from this wreckage, it will take our healthcare system all the way down with it. If we do nothing, millions more innocent Americans will be hurt – and badly hurt.

That’s why we must repeal and replace Obamacare.

House Republicans have put forward a plan that gets rid of this terrible law and replaces it with reforms that empower states and consumers.

You will have the choice and the freedom to make the decisions that are right for your family.

The House plan follows the guidelines I laid out in my recent address to Congress – expanding choice, lowering costs, and providing healthcare access for all.

This plan is part of a three-pronged reform process. In concert with the plan in front of Congress, I have directed Dr. Tom Price, our Secretary of Health and Human Services, to use his authority to reduce regulations that are driving up costs of care.

We are also working on reforms that lower the costs of care, like allowing Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines. You’ve heard me say that many, many times during the debates.

I encourage Democrats to work with us to improve the healthcare system for the American people. Also, we will be driving down the costs.

We will deliver relief to American workers, families, and small businesses, who right now are being crushed by Obamacare, by increasing freedom, choice, and opportunity for the American people.

Thank you very much.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/10/president-donald-j-trumps-weekly-address
    Last edited by Chantel; 03-10-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekly Address
    March 31, 2017

Transcript:

My fellow Americans,

It's an exciting time for our country. Our new Administration has so much change underway – change that is going to strengthen our Union and improve so many people’s lives.

In the next few days, the Senate will be taking a very important step – one that will protect the rule of law and democratic way of life that is absolutely a birthright of all Americans.

And it involves one of my most important actions as President. That was nominating Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat of the late, great Justice Antonin Scalia.

Judge Gorsuch is incredibly qualified. He has a sterling record. He was confirmed unanimously to the Court of Appeals.

But Judge Gorsuch’s nomination is about more than his incredible qualifications.

It’s about preserving our Republic.

In their great wisdom, the Founders placed legislative power in its own separate branch of government. Elected representatives from all across the country come together. They host hearings, they listen to the concerns of the people, and then, they try to write laws that address those concerns and make life better for all Americans. It’s a process that is meant to take time and energy to ensure that every new law will better serve our wonderful citizens. That’s how our democratic process works.

The duty of judges, therefore, is not to re-write the laws – but to uphold the laws, and to apply the Constitution as written.

That is the solemn duty of every Justice on the Supreme Court – and this is what Judge Gorsuch will do.

In recent years, we’ve seen more and more judges make decisions not based on the Constitution or the rule of law, but based on their preferences, their personal views, or even their political opinions.

Each time a judge substitutes their own opinions for an unbiased reading of the law, they damage our democracy. They put their own will above the will of the people. And they undermine the legislative process that has always been the heartbeat of our democracy.
    The Senate will soon have the chance to help preserve our democratic institutions for our children – by voting to confirm Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

Judge Gorsuch is going to serve our people by devoting himself to our beloved Constitution. The Senate saw this firsthand in hours of Judge Gorsuch’s impressive testimony. In every step of the process, what has been clear to all is that Judge Gorsuch is a man who respects the law. He defends the Constitution. And in doing so, he will protect our freedoms.

With Judge Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, America will be a more free, fair, and just Nation for all of our citizens.
    Thank you, and God bless you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekly Address
    April 7, 2017

President Donald J. Trump’s Weekly Address

Transcript:

My Fellow Americans,

We're only 11 weeks in, but already my administration has achieved historic progress for the American people – in fact, 93% of our domestic manufacturers have expressed optimism in the future, a record.

The confidence we are seeing in our Nation is about jobs and opportunity – but it's also about safety and security.

Security begins at the border – as a candidate, I pledged to take swift and decisive action to secure the border, and that is exactly what I have done. We inherited a full-fledged border crisis – it was a disaster. Yet, with quick and bold steps, we have so far exceeded even the most bullish predictions for the progress we could make in so short a period of time. Last month, we saw a 64% reduction in illegal immigration on our southern border.

At the same time, we are conducting enforcement actions across the country to remove dangerous criminal aliens from our society – and they’ll be gone. In just the last few days our Nation's ICE officers have arrested 153 criminal aliens in south Texas, 84 criminal aliens in the Pacific Northwest, and 31 criminal aliens in Long Island, New York – these arrests include aliens convicted of robbery, burglary, aggravated assault, sexual assault against a child, smuggling, drug dealing, and many more.

Much work needs to be done to reverse decades of harm caused by open border policies from Washington – but, with time, dedication, and effort, we will get the job done, and save countless lives in the process.

Providing security for the American People also means restoring America's standing in the world.

From the very start of my Presidency, I have worked to strengthen our alliances and improve our relationships all around the globe.

This week, I was honored to welcome the President of Egypt and the King of Jordan to the White House. Now, I am hosting a summit with President Xi of China at the Southern White House to address the many critical issues affecting our two peoples.

In our dealings with other nations, our conversations have been candid, open, and grounded in mutual respect.

I have been clear about advocating for the national interests of the United States, something so important to me, and so important to our people – one of the reasons, certainly, that I got elected. And I want to ensure that the decisions we make truly serve the safety and security of our citizens.

In matters both economic and military, we understand that a strong America is in the best interests of the world – that is why it is so important that as we strengthen international partnerships, we ensure these partnerships deliver real results for Americans and the American people.

Our decisions will be guided by our values and our goals – and we will reject the path of inflexible ideology that too often leads to unintended consequences.

A future of peace, safety, and prosperity – that is our guiding light, and always will be.

Together, we will bring about this future for the land we love, and for the people who call it home.

We love our country, and we love the American people. Thank you.