Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Oh, okay. Thanks. I didn't know alcohol could cause dementia.
    Something clicked in my mind read I read this, I remember years ago my Mom talking about wet brain. Today I finally had a chance to look it up. Juliekan posted above about Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome and that's what I found.
    I don't know how to post links, but when I googled I found info on alcoholrehab.com.

I'll post the first paragraph which is simple and to the point...

"Wet brain is another way of describing Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome.
    This is a type of dementia that people going thru end stage alcoholism might have to deal with. It is caused by a deficiency in
    Vit B1 (thiamine). If wet brain is allowed to progress too far, it will not be possible to recover from it. Untreated Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome always leads to death."

There is more at the article, including symptoms, many of which DC seems to have.
    The article is titled...
    Wet Brain and Alcoholism
    Again at alcoholrehab.com

On one of the blurbs for Dr Phil's upcoming interview with DC, Dr Phil says something about him being diagnosed awhile ago.
    If it is true he has wet brain and was told, he most likely only 'heard' dementia and ran with that. Either because he's in major denial or doesn't want the public to know what it truly is.
    I'm going to watch tomorrow because I want to see if Dr Phil brings up Wernicke-Kosakoff syndrome with him.
    It's sad whichever DC wants people to know, or not know.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ Superstar, In Critical Condition

Nov 18, 2017

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (CNN) — David Cassidy, the wildly popular ’70s heartthrob who shot to fame when he starred and sang in TV’s “The Partridge Family,” is in critical condition with organ failure.

Cassidy is being treated at a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, area hospital, longtime publicist Jo-Ann Geffen told CNN on Saturday.

“He is conscious and surrounded by family and friends, nothing is imminent and we are taking it day by day,” Geffen said.

She did not say what caused the organ failure.

Cassidy, 67, told People magazine earlier this year he was battling dementia.

more at link

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    David Cassidy, ‘Partridge Family’ Superstar, In Critical Condition

Nov 18, 2017

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (CNN) — David Cassidy, the wildly popular ’70s heartthrob who shot to fame when he starred and sang in TV’s “The Partridge Family,” is in critical condition with organ failure.

Cassidy is being treated at a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, area hospital, longtime publicist Jo-Ann Geffen told CNN on Saturday.

“He is conscious and surrounded by family and friends, nothing is imminent and we are taking it day by day,” Geffen said.

She did not say what caused the organ failure.

Cassidy, 67, told People magazine earlier this year he was battling dementia.

more at link

The video at link said he is in a medically induced coma.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    David Cassidy dead at 67

Nov 21, 2017

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. --
    Actor and former teen idol David Cassidy has died at age 67 after being hospitalized with organ failure in Florida, his publicist confirmed Tuesday to Eyewitness News.

Cassidy skyrocketed to fame in the 1970s as he starred on TV's "The Partridge Family," becoming a singing superstar at age 20 and one of the biggest teen idols of the era.

"I love to entertain people," Cassidy told Eyewitness News in a 2000 interview. "I love to make them laugh. I love to get them up and rocking and swinging."

He was three years old when he decided he wanted to act, after seeing his dad, actor Jack Cassidy, in a Broadway musical.

As a teen, he landed a few small roles on television and Broadway before he was cast as Keith Partridge in the musical sitcom.

His real-life stepmother, Shirley Jones, was cast as his TV mother, Shirley Partridge. Neither knew the other had been cast until they showed up to work.

The ABC show lasted for 98 episodes over four seasons. During that time, Cassidy also put out four solo albums and broke box-office records touring the world as a singer.

His song "I Think I Love You" spent three weeks on the charts at No. 1. The song was released in late 1970 and became the year's best-selling single, beating out the Beatles' "Let It Be."

Cassidy's other hits included "How Can I Be Sure," "Could It Be Forever" and "Rock Me Baby."'

He would return to television briefly in the late '70s with "David Cassidy - Man Undercover."

Throughout his career, Cassidy stayed close to music by writing songs for others.

Cassidy also did what he considered a labor of love in 2009 with the ABC family series "Ruby and the Rockits," working together with his brothers Shaun, Patrick and Ryan for the first time.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RIP Mr. Cassidy.

Admin
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RIP

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    very sad.....................