Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vegetable Gardens.

Ive started to pull all my cherry tomatoes out,they are just about finished.
    My sweet potatoes and pumpkins are still going strong,I have around 30 pumpkins on the vine.
    Anyone else grow their own vegies.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We can't even plant most things yet. I love cherry tomatoes. Give me a salt shaker and I'll sit and have myself a little feast!

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am plotting and planning already, lol, but it will be close to a few months yet before we can even plant anything. I can dream, though!

Dingo, how much longer will your sweet potatoes and pumpkins keep growing?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about it. The deer ate everything last year. First time they've ever done it. Mister gets carried away and plants way too many tomato plants and then bitches that I don't keep everything weeded. Pfftt is what I think of that.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I'm thinking about it. The deer ate everything last year. First time they've ever done it. Mister gets carried away and plants way too many tomato plants and then bitches that I don't keep everything weeded. Pfftt is what I think of that.
    My tomato plants just came up by themselves this year,same as the pumpkin plants,I have old rainwater tanks cut in half that I grow the veggies in,no bending or weeding involved.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    My tomato plants just came up by themselves this year,same as the pumpkin plants,I have old rainwater tanks cut in half that I grow the veggies in,no bending or weeding involved.
    That sounds wonderful! I'm only 55 but that bending, squatting and stooping is more that I can do for an extended length of time. At misters mom and dad's there were a bunch of cherry tomato bushes that came up last year as a surprise. There were tons of tomatoes on them!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That sounds wonderful! I'm only 55 but that bending, squatting and stooping is more that I can do for an extended length of time. At misters mom and dad's there were a bunch of cherry tomato bushes that came up last year as a surprise. There were tons of tomatoes on them!
    Same age as me....62 was a good year.