Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At one point President Trump took the lapels of his jacket in his hands and snapped them. I cracked up. I think that gesture was his way of putting an exclamation point on what he said.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roenick [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I just went there. The only locked was February Trump. There was a Trump to Congress speech thread open and flowing. And some other thread will get a new name "march" tomorrow. Not sure why rename, just close and open a new one or leave it until it hits 100000 posts like most boards.
    Maybe just you are locked out of there.
    What a fucking surprise! LOL!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump did a fine job last night. I am thrilled he is our President. He is working hard on Making America Great Again!

"I am asking all citizens to embrace this renewal of the American spirit. I am asking all members of Congress to join me in dreaming big, and bold, and daring things for our country," Trump said. "I am asking everyone watching tonight to seize this moment. Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe, once more, in America." ~ President Trump

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I loved every single minute of the speech. I felt like he was talking to me and the things I asked for when I cast my vote. Wasn't it a Kennedy that said "Trump might be our greatest President". Heaven knows America needs a hero!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gosh its wonderful to not have to argue every single post with grams!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I loved every single minute of the speech. I felt like he was talking to me and the things I asked for when I cast my vote. Wasn't it a Kennedy that said "Trump might be our greatest President". Heaven knows America needs a hero!

Hammer meets nail justy..I so agree on everything you stated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have read several comments that Donald J. Trump became the PRESIDENT last night. Well, we already knew that, but he certainly put it out there for the non-believers. I'm still WOW'ed this morning.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In case you want to see some whining...

Trump Fact Check:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I love the ones that start, "while basically true...no.", or the "but Obama started the ball rolling".

What president hasn't taken credit, full credit, when something was in the works; not given a lot credit to past president ?
    This fact check article is just so poor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the biased CNN wrote a favorable article about last night's speech.

7-in-10 speech-watchers say Trump boosted optimism

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump speech sends Dow zooming above 21,000 for first time

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought he did an outstanding job. Given a chance, I know he will make a great President.

No doubt in my mind that he loves our country, and truly wants to do good for everyone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Wallace: Trump Delivered One Of The Best Speeches In That Setting I've Heard Any President Give

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW. I'm heading over to YouTube to catch it now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marco Rubio calls out the Democrats for their disrespectful behavior of the slain Seal's wife last night.

Marco Rubio:
    "It was a stunning moment we were standing up for that minute-and-a-half ovation for the widow of that Navy SEAL, and I turned back around my shoulder and I see half the room, most of them sitting down. I was just shocked by that."

Last edited by Chantel; 03-01-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantel [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Marco Rubio calls out the Democrats for their disrespectful behavior of the slain Seal's wife last night.

Marco Rubio:
    "It was a stunning moment we were standing up for that minute-and-a-half ovation for the widow of that Navy SEAL, and I turned back around my shoulder and I see half the room, most of them sitting down. I was just shocked by that."

IMO - what they did reflects exactly who they are. Ugly on the outside/ugly on the inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon friends

How anyone could walk away from our President's speech and not feel patriotic and want the best for everyone is beyond me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good afternoon friends

How anyone could walk away from our President's speech and not feel patriotic and want the best for everyone is beyond me.
    I agree.

I know he loves America, wants the best for us.

Having said that, being a business man first, not a politician. He knows how to listen, hear the other side, and then try to work to get it done.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good afternoon friends

I totally agree, Bourbon.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetC [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    IMO - what they did reflects exactly who they are. Ugly on the outside/ugly on the inside.
    Yep. Astounding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I think all the Dems in politics should be made to have Obamacare, bet they would change it then.
    They do have the ACA, "Obamacare"

It was a Republican amendment:
    But some Republicans pushed the idea that if the exchanges were good enough for other Americans, they should be good enough for Congress. So, an amendment by Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa was added to the Senate bill requiring that the federal government offer only health plans that were part of an exchange to members of Congress and their staffs. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on this, written by Sen. Tom Coburn, says that: “the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act.”

Overal Trump delivered the speech well; I agree his best so far. Full of goals he has mentioned many times before. But none will happen unless Congress passes the bills and laws and approves funds to enact them.

The stock market (Wall St.) is doing great but will it trickle down to main street? What goes up can come down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justme222 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

yes. I wish Franker was here. I think he gave up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I think all the Dems in politics should be made to have Obamacare, bet they would change it then.

I think any government official should have Tri-Care (and pay for it) just like the military men in their state have. Prime, Select or Reserve depending on where they reside.

Oh, and when they're out - they get cut off with the option of 18 months of COBRA that is 5 to 10 times the Tricare.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We were talking about this at breakfast this morning. Who were those two disgusting Democrat Women in the white suits pointing their fingers down and laughing. Surely they won't be voted in again. Surely those that voted for those two women want more from elected officials than to have two like them acting like fools.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We were talking about this at breakfast this morning. Who were those two disgusting Democrat Women in the white suits pointing their fingers down and laughing. Surely they won't be voted in again. Surely those that voted for those two women want more from elected officials than to have two like them acting like fools.

Judy Chu 27th District, Jackie Speier 14th District - CA. Speier is 66 years old, but acted like a 16 year old - IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish I knew because I'd like to see if their local media called them out on it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theal3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    They do have the ACA, "Obamacare"

It was a Republican amendment:
    But some Republicans pushed the idea that if the exchanges were good enough for other Americans, they should be good enough for Congress. So, an amendment by Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa was added to the Senate bill requiring that the federal government offer only health plans that were part of an exchange to members of Congress and their staffs. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on this, written by Sen. Tom Coburn, says that: “the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are — (I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act.”

Overal Trump delivered the speech well; I agree his best so far. Full of goals he has mentioned many times before. But none will happen unless Congress passes the bills and laws and approves funds to enact them.

The stock market (Wall St.) is doing great but will it trickle down to main street? What goes up can come down.

For the 2017 plan year, Congress and their staff must purchase health insurance in the gold tier to retain employer contribution. The gold tier offers 57 plan options.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This forum is a breath of fresh air. Every positive post is not met with an ugly name calling response. Thanks so much for inviting me. So much better for my blood pressure.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1948 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This forum is a breath of fresh air. Every positive post is not met with an ugly name calling response. Thanks so much for inviting me. So much better for my blood pressure.
    We are just so glad you are all liking it here,not everyone agrees all the time but its nice for you all to be able to discuss both sides in a civil way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1948 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I totally agree!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fake news reporting Dems sat during tribute to Navy Seal.

The alt-right Republicans love to report distortions of facts and have it travel through the twitter and internet world.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast