Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Thread: Begonias.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Begonias.

Mine have grown huge,I made some new plants from them yesterday,I have a smaller variety plus a larger variety.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I LOVE begonias. So easy to grow, and so many varieties to choose from. I plant pink ones in pots every year to honor my mom. She loved them, too.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sounds lovely, Dingo!

Count me in as a begonia lover, I just have to make sure to plant them where they won't get too much sun and burn.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Sounds lovely, Dingo!

Count me in as a begonia lover, I just have to make sure to plant them where they won't get too much sun and burn.
    I also like them. That was my mistake, mine got too much sun. I haven't tried them since.

Might try them again this year.

For years I would plant annuals every year. Probably the last 10 years, I have been putting in perennials. I really enjoy them, nice to see them come in the Spring.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love Begonias I have planted them for 6 years now and never a problem I usually put them in a huge urn on the back deck they take afternoon sun great. I kinda mix/match colors

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I love Begonias I have planted them for 6 years now and never a problem I usually put them in a huge urn on the back deck they take afternoon sun great. I kinda mix/match colors
    Really, the afternoon sun is not too hot? I was thinking of my patio area. I can place the pots either way, afternoon or morning sun.

Now I am ready for Spring.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperdog [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Really, the afternoon sun is not too hot? I was thinking of my patio area. I can place the pots either way, afternoon or morning sun.

I put mine in pretty much shade. They get morning sun for a couple hours when it's still pretty cool out,, and they do great right there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperdog [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I got them one time as a gift many years ago and now they are the last plant left on back deck everyyear I actually put them near the deck door near the house they seem to like it there I get them at a wholesale nursery very reasonable I love gardening keeps me busy Can't wait for Spring

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I got them one time as a gift many years ago and now they are the last plant left on back deck everyyear I actually put them near the deck door near the house they seem to like it there I get them at a wholesale nursery very reasonable I love gardening keeps me busy Can't wait for Spring
    BBM, Agree.

I am so at peace when outside working in the yard, garden, and flowers. I just get lost in thought.

I can solve all problems. LOL

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BBM, Agree.

I am so at peace when outside working in the yard, garden, and flowers. I just get lost in thought.

I can solve all problems. LOL
    Yes me too only time I feel alive is in the springtime going to put plants in mid May I have vines of morning glories that cascade down my deck fencing!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes me too only time I feel alive is in the springtime going to put plants in mid May I have vines of morning glories that cascade down my deck fencing!!
    Morning glories, love them. But, first year we were married ( we live on a farm). I planted morning glories, thought hubby was going to kill me. He said do you know what those do to the corn stalks?

No, I didn't I was from the city. Sadly they will wrap around the corn.

I have not had them since. LOL

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like Morning Glories but had terrible luck with them. It got a couple of big, beautiful flowers and then........nothing. So I pulled it out and planted a Clematis (sp?) in it's place. That did so well that I got another one and it does equally well.