Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Boy 5 Drowned by Mother in River,Boy 9 escaped with help from Dog. Vic.

A woman is being questioned by police after one boy was taken to hospital after being savaged by a dog, while another five-year-old boy is missing in the Murray River.
    Police were called to Moama after a nine-year-old boy was found with serious dog bite injuries about 7pm yesterday.
    The search began for another boy, 5, who police were told was missing in the Murray River.

The search has been suspended until first light this morning.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A nine-year-old boy is in hospital and police are continuing a search for his five-year-old brother who is feared drowned in the Murray River.
    Moama police were called to the river at 7.00pm yesterday to find the nine-year-old boy in the water with serious dog bite injuries before learning his brother was missing.
    Police divers have been called in to search for the five-year-old this morning.
    The older boy was taken to Echuca Hospital before being transported to a hospital in Melbourne for treatment.
    ABC News understands the dog that bit the boy was reacting to what was happening in the water and was not a family pet.
    The children's mother, a 27-year-old Deniliquin woman, has been arrested and is helping police with inquiries.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Weird.......

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the mother was trying to drown the kids.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The dog might have been trying to save the kid.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking those same thoughts, dingo.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I was just thinking those same thoughts, dingo.
    I think that may be the case

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with you both.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would like to hear more about the mothers' arrest. I hope they find the 5 yr old soon. the dog could just be saving the 9 yr old from drowning. I agree with you guys.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A child's T-shirt has been pulled from the Murray River by police in their search for a missing five-year-old boy.
    NSW police are expected to apply for the extradition of the child's mother, who handed herself in to Victorian authorities last night.
    Search and Rescue divers found the item of clothing as they resumed their search of the river near the town of Moama, which sits on the NSW and Victoria border about 220km north of Melbourne.

A nine-year-old boy was also found at the property with serious dog bites and taken to hospital. The owner of the pitbull involved has since told 9News the dog was trying to save the nine-year-old from drowning.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NSW Police are due to hold at press conference at 1.30pm.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    A child's T-shirt has been pulled from the Murray River by police in their search for a missing five-year-old boy.
    NSW police are expected to apply for the extradition of the child's mother, who handed herself in to Victorian authorities last night.
    Search and Rescue divers found the item of clothing as they resumed their search of the river near the town of Moama, which sits on the NSW and Victoria border about 220km north of Melbourne.

A nine-year-old boy was also found at the property with serious dog bites and taken to hospital. The owner of the pitbull involved has since told 9News the dog was trying to save the nine-year-old from drowning.

Surely they know if it is the shirt the 5 yr. old was wearing, have they said ? Maybe when they have the PC?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The PC is on in 5minutes,they might tell us more then.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I wonder if the mother was trying to drown the kids.
    Thats what I was thinking. I hope the older boy was able to tell the authorities what happened. I'm thinking he may have since they arrested the mother.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A mother has allegedly tried to drown her two sons in the Murray River, leaving one boy in hospital and police searching the water for the second.
    The woman, from Deniliquin, is in hospital undergoing assessment and is expected to be extradited from Victoria to NSW to face charges after handing herself into police at Echuca on Thursday night.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thats what I was thinking. I hope the older boy was able to tell the authorities what happened. I'm thinking he may have since they arrested the mother.
    Yeah,he would have been able to tell them everything,poor kids.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The woman, from Deniliquin, is in hospital undergoing assessment and is expected to be extradited from Victoria to NSW to face charges after handing herself in to police at Echuca on Thursday night.
    Fairfax Media understands police will allege she told her family yesterday that they would never see her sons, aged five and nine, again.
    She then allegedly travelled more than 70 kilometres from Deniliquin to a part of the Murray River near Moama, on the NSW-Victoria border.
    As she was allegedly drowning her sons, a pit bull dog belonging to a nearby resident was somehow alerted to the commotion and became involved.
    It is understood the nine-year-old boy sustained several dog bites but it allowed him to escape the water. He is in hospital recovering from his injuries.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A NSW mother whose nine-year-old son is being treated for serious dog bite injuries and whose other son, aged five, is missing in the Murray River is expected to be charged with attempted murder.
    The charges come as NSW Police confirmed at a press conference they will seek her extradition from Victoria. The 27-year-old Deniliquin woman was released from prison about a month ago for "several serious offences" but refused to give any more information.
    Superintendent Paul Condon told reporters he "didn't know at this stage exactly what took place" at the river last night, but both the mother and her nine-year-old son were found with dog bites

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NSW police said further charges would depend on the result of the search for the five-year-old.
    Fairfax Media reports the woman appeared via video-link in court where a detective said she'd "made full admissions about her role and told police of her 'intention to kill both children'".
    The court also heard she had allegedly told witnesses she "had to drown my babies".
    The children had been living with their grandmother for more than a year.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Deniliquin commander superintendent Paul Condon said the “terrible story” will “rock the community of Australia”.
    Lawyer Dale Brooks, representing the woman’s mum who had been helping to care for the boys, said she is an “ice” or crystal meth addict who is well-known to authorities.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Buddy is a hero,he pulled the boy from the water and stopped the 'mother" going near him.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They found him,so sad.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    UPDATE 11.38am: POLICE divers are understood to have recovered the body of five-year-old boy missing since around 7pm Thursday.
    He is the brother of a nine-year-old boy currently being treated in the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne.
    Divers started searching for the boy at 9.30am yesterday and resumed the search early this morning further downstream.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buddy is a hero,he pulled the boy from the water and stopped the 'mother" going near him.
    That's my pitbull's name too . When we adopted him they said his name was Otto. I was like WTH kind of name is that, lol. He didn't look like an Otto and I hated that name. I started calling him Buddy while trying to think of a name and then just thought oh, hell, let's just make that his name. Name change never seemed to bother him

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That's my pitbull's name too . When we adopted him they said his name was Otto. I was like WTH kind of name is that, lol. He didn't look like an Otto and I hated that name. I started calling him Buddy while trying to think of a name and then just thought oh, hell, let's just make that his name. Name change never seemed to bother him
    I dont know if this Buddy is full blooded Pitty,I have not seen a lot of Pittbulls to really know.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update 12.30pm: VETERAN emergency workers have broken down at this morning’s discovery of the five-year-old boy who has been missing since 7pm Thursday.
    One shattered emergency services officer told the Riverine Herald he was overcome when divers recovered the child’s body.
    “He was so little, it was awful, the whole thing has been awful, and everyone here is devastated,” he said.
    “All of have been hit so hard.”
    It would seem the child’s body was near where he was believed to have gone into the river and may have been disturbed by a passing boat.
    An ambulance has arrived at the scene and senior police said there are now search and rescue protocols and forensic processes to go through – as well as informing next of kin.
    “We want to keep the recovery site private,” the officer said.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Council seized the dog.

Buddy’s owner, who did not want to be named, said her partner and his friend were on the property at the time and helped save the child when they found him in the river.
    The pair “rushed the little boy to the hospital”.
    The owner insists the dog was trying to save the boy from drowning.
    “The dog is four years old and it’s never attacked one person, has grown up with kids, and it’s always been around kinds playing,” she said.
    “My ex is distraught, he can’t even speak, so I’m just trying to speak on our behalf that this dog isn’t what people are saying it is.”

Apparently Buddy has since been seized by officers from Murray River Council.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How awful. We knew they would find him, but reading it makes it too real.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Council seized the dog.

Buddy’s owner, who did not want to be named, said her partner and his friend were on the property at the time and helped save the child when they found him in the river.
    The pair “rushed the little boy to the hospital”.
    The owner insists the dog was trying to save the boy from drowning.
    “The dog is four years old and it’s never attacked one person, has grown up with kids, and it’s always been around kinds playing,” she said.
    “My ex is distraught, he can’t even speak, so I’m just trying to speak on our behalf that this dog isn’t what people are saying it is.”

Apparently Buddy has since been seized by officers from Murray River Council.

WTF??? That's bullshit!!!!!

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    WTF??? That's bullshit!!!!!
    I know,I hope they give him back,its a shame he didnt get there earlier and grab that spaced out bitch by the jugular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast