Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ex-CIA director on wiretap claim: Trump apparently ‘forgot that he was president’

Ex-CIA director on wiretap claim: Trump apparently ‘forgot that he was president’
    Yahoo NewsMarch 6, 2017
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As Washington continues to reel from President Trump’s evidence-free assertion that his phones were wiretapped by former President Barack Obama before the election, former Central Intelligence Agency director Michael Hayden says it seems Trump forgot something during his weekend Twitter flurry.
    “It looks as if the president just for a moment forgot that he was president,” Hayden said on Fox News on Monday. “Why didn’t he simply use the powers of the presidency to ask the acting director of national intelligence, the head of the FBI, to confirm or deny the story he apparently read from Breitbart the evening before?”

Hayden, a critic of Trump during the campaign, has served in national security roles in both Democratic and Republican administrations. In addition to the top job at the CIA, he has served as director of the National Security Agency and as principal deputy director of national intelligence.
    On Saturday morning, Trump unleashed a series of tweets claiming Obama had wiretapped the phones at Trump Tower prior to the 2016 election. Trump provided no citations to back up the claim, and a spokesman for the former president branded the accusation “simply false.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny47 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yahoo NewsMarch 6, 2017

As Washington continues to reel from President Trump’s evidence-free assertion that his phones were wiretapped by former President Barack Obama before the election, former Central Intelligence Agency director Michael Hayden says it seems Trump forgot something during his weekend Twitter flurry.
    “It looks as if the president just for a moment forgot that he was president,” Hayden said on Fox News on Monday. “Why didn’t he simply use the powers of the presidency to ask the acting director of national intelligence, the head of the FBI, to confirm or deny the story he apparently read from Breitbart the evening before?”

Hayden, a critic of Trump during the campaign, has served in national security roles in both Democratic and Republican administrations. In addition to the top job at the CIA, he has served as director of the National Security Agency and as principal deputy director of national intelligence.
    On Saturday morning, Trump unleashed a series of tweets claiming Obama had wiretapped the phones at Trump Tower prior to the 2016 election. Trump provided no citations to back up the claim, and a spokesman for the former president branded the accusation “simply false.”
    Isn't he just assuming President Trump did NOT ask the agency heads for confirmation? Because I'm assuming Trump did ask for confirmation and got it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflies51 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Isn't he just assuming President Trump did NOT ask the agency heads for confirmation? Because I'm assuming Trump did ask for confirmation and got it.
    Either that or he figured they would just lie to him. After all they are putting him through hell IMO. And if it's true, they may be in deep dodo too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spicer said today when asked if Trump talked to FBI head and he said no he didn't. And Trump appoints heads of those agencies.

Junior Member Flash Poker Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simba [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Either that or he figured they would just lie to him. After all they are putting him through hell IMO. And if it's true, they may be in deep dodo too.
    And if it is not true?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he's gotta rep to protect.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracian [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    And if it is not true?

And if it is...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantel [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    And if it is...?
    I was replying to a post, assuming what would happen if true, to the question was what would happen if it was not, and he slandered Obama by accusing him of a crime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All indications is it is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    All indications is it is true.
    What indications? Briebart's spin?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracian [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    What indications? Briebart's spin?

Nope , Media Headlines.

* CIA Has Received Quite A SetbacK*..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NSA Whistleblower Says Trump Is Absolutely Right About Wiretap Claims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    NSA Whistleblower Says Trump Is Absolutely Right About Wiretap Claims

From your link:

"This is the difference between being correct and right," Mukasey said. "The president was not correct in saying President Obama ordered a tap on a server in Trump Tower. However, I think he's right in that there was surveillance and that it was conducted at the behest of the attorney general – at the Justice Department through the FISA court."

So how was he right about Obama?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your link:

"This is the difference between being correct and right," Mukasey said. "The president was not correct in saying President Obama ordered a tap on a server in Trump Tower. However, I think he's right in that there was surveillance and that it was conducted at the behest of the attorney general – at the Justice Department through the FISA court."

You'll see eventually.

It must be slow at JQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll see eventually.

It must be slow at JQ.
    No, it's doing fine....I enjoy discussion...if I wanted to talk to only people that agreed with me, I would speak into a mirror.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your link:

The Attorney General answers to the President.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's doing fine....I enjoy discussion...if I wanted to talk to only people that agreed with me, I would speak into a mirror.
    Oh, I see, no one there with an opposing view...sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantel [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The Attorney General answers to the President.
    If the taps were legally obtained, or the President was offered evidence that was brought to a court, that signed a warrant, then that is not on Obama.

Legally obtained wire taps are just that....this is not like a Watergate...at least there is no such evidence yet to support that theory.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's designed that way...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the taps were legally obtained, or the President was offered evidence that was brought to a court, that signed a warrant, then that is not on Obama.

Legally obtained wire taps are just that....this is not like a Watergate...at least there is no such evidence yet to support that theory.

Were they legal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's designed that way...
    Seems so, that wasn't why Toby initiated it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is still a great deal of support for Trump, at JQ, no worries.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As indicated by the poll.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much for adult discussion...but go ahead, if remarks like that make you feel better....I would hate to be the one to take something away from you.

Please, carry on.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bullshit Tracian!
    I refuse to let politics ruin our friendship as I value it. But you are dead wrong on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simba, Chantel, BG, Luke, PosterGuy, Blessings, and you guys are not gone forever....I was banned for a week a month ago myself.

The last poll saw the Trump supporters are leading by a true landslide...

I don't want to see this destroy for some of us a decade of posting together...passions are running hot on both sides, that is the one common ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FISA and the Trump Team

Read more at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried in the least Trace. I know what's right...Its good enough for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried in the least Trace. I know what's right...Its good enough for me.
    I think we all believe very passionately in what we believe to be right...that is why most of us come to boards like these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast