Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Madeleine McCann - May 3, 2007 - Praia da Luz, Praia da Luz, Portugal

Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007, when her family, from Leicestershire, were holidaying in the Algarve, Portugal.

Parents Gerry and Kate McCann left their three children, 3 year old Madeleine, including two year old twin siblings Sean and Amelie McCann sleeping in their holiday apartment while they dined at a nearby tapas bar. When the mother, Kate McCann returned to check on the children at around 10:00 pm that evening she discovered that Madeleine "Maddie" McCann was not in her bed and was missing. Authorities were called, an investigation began. After 10 years, Madeleine McCann is still listed as missing, the investigation remains active to this day.

Madeleine McCann
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Madeleine in 2007, aged three, and forensic artist's impression of how she may looked in 2012, aged 9.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Madeleine McCann - Timeline of Events

May 3, 2007 - May 3, 2016

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cops Probe New Lead in Madeleine McCann Case

Cops reportedly searching for a last person of interest in child's decade-old disappearance

Posted Mar 13, 2017 8:11 AM CDT

(Newser) – The British government has extended the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann amid reports that investigators are searching for one final person of interest in the case. Detectives are searching for an individual who was in the same area of Portugal when the 3-year-old girl who went missing from her family's vacation apartment nearly 10 years ago, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reports. The lead was good enough to prompt the Home Office to commit another $104,000 to the investigation that has so far cost UK taxpayers $13.5 million, per the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Four British investigators, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], remain on the case since Scotland Yard set up its own inquiry independent of Portuguese police in 2011. The latest funding will extend the probe known as Operation Grange until September.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't believe it's been 10 years

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I can't believe it's been 10 years
    Me either PK, sad isn't it, really afraid we will never find out what happened to Madeleine. BTW, did you notice the odd spelling of her name? Well it's odd to me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Me either PK, sad isn't it, really afraid we will never find out what happened to Madeleine. BTW, did you notice the odd spelling of her name? Well it's odd to me.
    yes, the French spelling.

I really do think she has been gone from this world since the night she was taken

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    yes, the French spelling.

I really do think she has been gone from this world since the night she was taken
    Thank you, I kept googling "Madeline," came up with nothing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This might be like our Inquirer but news is news.

Madeleine McCann cops hunt worker at resort as they fear he 'kept secrets' from local police

British officers are convinced the former worker at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz knows more than he's told them

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so, I worked very closely on this case, volunteered for the private investigators that were brought in. Basically, I pitched an idea to them and they said go for it: combing through pictures of Photobucket and Flickr of folks who had traveled with kids around Madeleine's age to Praia da Luz. I had an idea that whoever took Madeleine may have piqued the interest of another family - because as we all know sex offenders usually have a type, and many, many victims.

It was of course a no-go. The internet was changing at that time and lots of people were securing their photos. Even though I found a lot of families, I have no idea if follow-up was done on them as the PIs screwed-up and were fired. No idea if the work I did was ever sent forward to LE for interviews.

One thing I know, I learned enough about Portugal to skeeve me out for the rest of my days.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so, I worked very closely on this case, volunteered for the private investigators that were brought in. Basically, I pitched an idea to them and they said go for it: combing through pictures of Photobucket and Flickr of folks who had traveled with kids around Madeleine's age to Praia da Luz. I had an idea that whoever took Madeleine may have piqued the interest of another family - because as we all know sex offenders usually have a type, and many, many victims.

It was of course a no-go. The internet was changing at that time and lots of people were securing their photos. Even though I found a lot of families, I have no idea if follow-up was done on them as the PIs screwed-up and were fired. No idea if the work I did was ever sent forward to LE for interviews.

One thing I know, I learned enough about Portugal to skeeve me out for the rest of my days.
    Wow, PK, I had no idea you were that involved in this case. Kudos to you *Hugs*

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow, PK, I had no idea you were that involved in this case. Kudos to you *Hugs*
    I also admined/owned a forum that quickly had over 2,000. That pretty much sucked since they were mostly from the UK/Europe and ahead of me by at least 5 hours. I ran it for a year and a half and then closed it down. Too much craziness and bitching, which is why I value you so much, Aubs. You are great at this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I also admined/owned a forum that quickly had over 2,000. That pretty much sucked since they were mostly from the UK/Europe and ahead of me by at least 5 hours. I ran it for a year and a half and then closed it down. Too much craziness and bitching, which is why I value you so much, Aubs. You are great at this.
    Wow, once again I wasn't aware of that either, that's a lot of members! Thanks PK, but it's not just me. OUAC has amazing Admins, all of us work together as a team. *Hugs*

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What Happened to Madeleine McCann? As the 10 Year Anniversary of Her Disappearance Approaches, Police Seek to Question Resort Worker Again

March 13, 2017 @ 4:55 PM

Almost 10 years after Madeleine McCann’s disappearance made headlines around the world, investigators are searching for a Portuguese former resort worker who may offer clues that could shed new light on the case. Watch the video above for the latest news.

The British girl was 3 years old when she disappeared from her family’s vacation rental in the seaside resort Praia da Luz in May 2007. Her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, left Madeleine and her younger twin siblings in the ground-floor apartment while they went out to dinner. When Kate went to check on the children at 10 p.m., Madeleine was gone.

The decade-long investigation by U.K. and Portuguese police, which has cost the British government more than $13 million, has followed up leads from around the world. Several suspects have been questioned but no arrests have ever been made. In 2012, authorities released an age progression photo of Madeleine that showed what she would look like as a 9-year-old.

Now the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that investigators are looking for a former worker at the resort who gave a statement at the time but who they want to talk to again. "British officers are convinced he knows more than he was previously saying and are very keen to question him," a source told the paper. "They are not suggesting he stole Maddie but he may know people who could have been involved after a burglary went wrong."

The U.K. Home Office just granted an additional $104,000 to extend the investigation six more months from April until September.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pk I am really impressed. I always knew you are an excellent researcher. In your job search you should look into that kind of work. My oldest daughter worked for the prosecutors office and really liked it there.

You might find some PI in need of a Girl Friday and find it very interesting . Also the police department are always looking for somebody with those good skills. You are excellent. If I ever need anybody 'looked up' I'm coming right to you.

As for little Madelein I'm pretty sure if they thought this worker had any knowledge at all they would have grilled and drilled him right from the beginning.

Anniversaries always bring out kookie dooks looking for a headline story.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The footage of sniffer dogs searching the McCann's holiday apartment and rental car was one of the most jarring moments to emerge from the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine.
    Gerry and Kate McCann, who resolutely claim Maddie was abducted, have always questioned the reliability and objectivity of British dogs Eddie and Keela, despite their impressive credentials.
    During those searches, Eddie, a cadaver dog trained to detect the odour of a dead body, is seen alerting and barking in Kate and Gerry's bedroom of holiday apartment 5A.

Eddie also "hits" and barks loudly behind a blue couch in the living room of the Praia da Luz apartment where the McCann family stayed in 2007.
    A second sniffer dog, Keela, trained only to detect human blood, also alerted behind the couch.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [FONT="]The footage of sniffer dogs searching the McCann's holiday apartment and rental car was one of the most jarring moments to emerge from the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Gerry and Kate McCann, who resolutely claim Maddie was abducted, have always questioned the reliability and objectivity of British dogs Eddie and Keela, despite their impressive credentials.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]During those searches, Eddie, a cadaver dog trained to detect the odour of a dead body, is seen alerting and barking in Kate and Gerry's bedroom of holiday apartment 5A.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]Eddie also "hits" and barks loudly behind a blue couch in the living room of the Praia da Luz apartment where the McCann family stayed in 2007.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]A second sniffer dog, Keela, trained only to detect human blood, also alerted behind the couch.[/FONT]

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I don't even know where to begin.

ok, I do.

Pat Brown - who is NOT a profiler - doesn't understand the reaction of the McCanns? She would, if she was truly a real profiler.

Their reaction came as they were named arguidos - for a dog supposedly hitting on remains on a rental vehicle that had been rented months after Madeleine went missing.

Also, if you watch the video of the dogs "hitting" in the apartment behind the couch, it's noticeable that the handle actually leads the dogs to that "hit".

The McCanns fucked up - worst mistake a parent can make - but I am 100% positive that they didn't kill their daughter.

And by looking at all that has transpired, it's clear they were framed as best as could be by that drunk and corrupted detective.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Madeleine McCann detective says Maddie could 'still be alive'

27 Mar 2017 10:36

Detective Dave Edgar thinks Maddie McCann might still be alive and that someone is "hiding" the abductor

A police detective who has been working on the missing Madeleine McCann case for the past three years has spoken out and said that the little girl could "still be alive".

Detective Dave Edgar, who is now retired from the force, worked on the case after being hired as a private investigator by Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

He told The Mirror: "Until such time that a body is found, it is a live investigation and there is always hope."

Detective Edgar, who handed over all his files to the Metropolitan Police in 2011 when they took over the investigation, revealed that he found absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Kate and Gerry might have had anything to do with her disappearance.

He said: "I was looking at everything and that would include them. If I found any evidence against Kate and Gerry I would have given it to the police immediately. Kate and Gerry would expect no less. But I found no shred of evidence.

"We obviously look at all factors – motive, preparation, opportunity – and there was absolutely nothing."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Someone is protecting Madeleine McCann's kidnappers' claims cop who spent years hunting her

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ‘Woman in purple’ is prime suspect in Madeleine McCann disappearance after witness saw her outside apartment

May 2, 2017

A mystery "woman in purple" is the prime suspect British police are thought to be searching for over Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Jenny Murat, 79, has told how she saw the woman outside the apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, which Maddie vanished from in 2007.

Jenny, whose son Robert was the first "arguido" – official suspect – but was formally cleared of suspicion in 2008, said: "I saw the woman standing on the corner of the street."

The woman was looking up at the apartments, "watching intently."

Jenny said: "She caught my eye as she was dressed in purple-plum clothes.

"It struck me as strange. It’s so usual for anyone, particularly a woman, to be standing alone on the street in our resort, just watching a building."

The next morning she heard that Maddie had gone missing and told police about the woman.

A police insider said they were ready to "move in" and arrest the mystery women, who is not currently living in Portugal, in the latest "hugely significant line of inquiry".

It is understood from sources close to the investigation that the woman had a connection to a worker at the Ocean Club resort – now renamed the Garden Club – where the McCanns were staying.

The source said: "Detectives have scoured Europe looking for this woman who is thought to hold the key to solving the entire case. They want to know exactly where she was on the night Madeleine was taken from the apartment. After months of tireless police work they will soon be in a position to move in and finally get some answers after a decade of dead ends."

SNIP

"Officers here never questioned me about her, I suppose they had other leads initially to follow up."

Jenny said her heart went out to Maddie’s parents, saying: "It’s never ending for them and they must need some answers. All people want is for there to be a happy ending for that family. I hope after all this time there can be a resolution."

Wow, it seems strange and hard to believe authorities have never questioned her, you would think investigators would have been all over Ms. Murat's story.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think there were many they didn't question.