Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Susan Powell

I didn't see a thread, but this popped up on FB:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

CH Police @CHPolice
    CHPD Officers on the scene of human skeletal remains found by hikers in Neffs Canyon. Determining jurisdiction now.
    4:49 PM - 19 Mar 2017

"(KUTV) Cottonwood Heights Police are investigating humans remains found in Death Smith Fork Canyon.
    According to a tweet from police, they are on the scene of human skeletal remains found by hikers.

Authorities say Unified Police Department will handle the case.

Unified Police Department tweeted that bones collected from the canyon have been transported to the medical examiner's office.
    No further details have been released, but 2News will update the story as information develops. ..."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wouldn't this be good for her family. I sure hope it is her. I did not think it was possible since it was implied she was in a cave where there are many caves. thank you PK
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    wouldn't this be good for her family. I sure hope it is her. I did not think it was possible since it was implied she was in a cave where there are many caves. thank you PK
    on one of the articles I read there was a comment from someone regarding a young man who went missing near there last fall.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well I hope they figure out who it is for that family.
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say human remains found in a remote part of a canyon near Salt Lake City appear to be those of a female between the ages of 30 and 50.

Unified Police Lt. Brian Lohrke says the skull and a few other bones found Sunday by a hiker in Deaf Smith Fork Canyon were near a piece of material that resembled a camouflage-patterned blanket...."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Susan Cox Powell’s family asks court to revive lawsuit over her sons’ deaths

Dec 8, 2017

SEATTLE -- The parents of missing Utah mom Susan Cox Powell have asked a federal appeals court to revive their lawsuit against Washington state over the deaths of her children.

In arguments earlier this week, attorneys for Judy and Chuck Cox asked the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to let a jury decide if Washington's child welfare agency is liable for the deaths of their grandchildren, Charlie and Braden.

"This is a heartwrenching case," declared Judge Morgan Christen as she questioned attorneys for the state and the Cox family.

Charlie and Braden Powell were killed in 2012 during a supervised visit with their father, Josh Powell. The boys had been taken into state protective custody while police at the time investigated voyeurism accusations about Josh's father, Steven Powell. (He ultimately was convicted and served prison time.)

Josh Powell was a suspect in his wife's 2009 disappearance in West Valley City. Police said that when a child protective services caseworker took the children for a supervised visit at a Graham, Wash., home he had rented, he slammed the door on her. Powell took a hatchet to the children and then blew up the house they were in, killing himself.

Susan Cox Powell has never been found.

Her disappearance and Josh Powell's role in it was mentioned frequently during the arguments. The judges grilled lawyers for both the Cox family and the state on whether child welfare caseworkers and a family court missed warning signs.

"Had there been a safety inspection of the physical home that he was renting, is it your contention that something would have been revealed that would have allowed the social workers to think that this horrible event could occur?" Judge Christen asked.

"Your honor, this is a matter for the jurors to decide," replied Ted Buck, an attorney for the Cox family. "Yes, it may have."

more at link

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will never forget the horror done to these sweet innocents. 1st their father murdered their mother (and they were witnesses, at least after the fact (mommy was in the trunk/back of vehicle)...2nd their father murdered them. Totally preventable. My heart aches.
    Last edited by Jani; 12-09-2017 at 02:09 AM.