Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Macaroni and Cheese casserole

I box shell noodles. (use shell, cheese and sauce gets into the shells)
    put noodles in boiling water. Over cook the noodles. they need to be soft.

Strain noodles.
    Add one block of velvetta cheese grated.Add 2 big tablespoons butter, and two eggs. Mix well. Add one can evaporated canned milk and mix.

Put into oven ware bowl. Add more canned milk until noodles are floating. Bake 30 to 45 minutes.

Note: I do not add any salt as cheese has salt. My family never noticed when I quit adding the salt.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1948 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I box shell noodles. (use shell, cheese and sauce gets into the shells)
    put noodles in boiling water. Over cook the noodles. they need to be soft.

Strain noodles.
    Add one block of velvetta cheese grated.Add 2 big tablespoons butter, and two eggs. Mix well. Add one can evaporated canned milk and mix.

Put into oven ware bowl. Add more canned milk until noodles are floating. Bake 30 to 45 minutes.

Note: I do not add any salt as cheese has salt. My family never noticed when I quit adding the salt.
    How big is the box of shells? And you are meaning a 2-pound block of the cheese?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How big is the box of shells? And you are meaning a 2-pound block of the cheese?
    16 ox box of shells, and yes a 2 lb block of velvetta

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cute story about the mac and cheese. As I said I was never given a choice as to what I brought to company covered dish lunches. And if we had breakfast, I was already signed up for the biscuits. Anyway one of the ladies at work asked if my husband would bake her a mac and cheese casserole for her to serve when she had the Preacher and his wife for lunch. She wanted to know what he would charge and he said just bring me the ingredients and I will make it for you. Well with the ingredients she also brought the casserole dish that matched the rest of her dishes. Found out at work Monday that she had lied and told Preacher that she had made it herself. No one at work ever let her get over the fact that she lied to the Preacher.

Admin
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1948 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Cute story about the mac and cheese. As I said I was never given a choice as to what I brought to company covered dish lunches. And if we had breakfast, I was already signed up for the biscuits. Anyway one of the ladies at work asked if my husband would bake her a mac and cheese casserole for her to serve when she had the Preacher and his wife for lunch. She wanted to know what he would charge and he said just bring me the ingredients and I will make it for you. Well with the ingredients she also brought the casserole dish that matched the rest of her dishes. Found out at work Monday that she had lied and told Preacher that she had made it herself. No one at work ever let her get over the fact that she lied to the Preacher.
    Lol! I bet she never heard the end of lying to the Preacher :tapedhut:

Looks like a great recipe, and I like how you describe what it should look like (aka floating shells) when putting it together.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryjane [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Lol! I bet she never heard the end of lying to the Preacher :tapedhut:

Looks like a great recipe, and I like how you describe what it should look like (aka floating shells) when putting it together.
    If you do not float the top shells they will dry out and get crunchy.