Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Search for suspect in Facebook homicide video now spans nationwide

Updated 4:57 PM ET, Mon April 17, 2017

Cleveland (CNN)A man who allegedly killed an elderly father after he had enjoyed an Easter meal with his children -- then posted a video of the killing on Facebook -- is now the subject of a nationwide manhunt, Cleveland police said Monday.

Suspect Steve Stephens, 37, stands charged with Sunday's aggravated murder of 74-year-old Robert Godwin, and Cleveland police chief Calvin Williams said law enforcement nationwide are on high alert.

"This is what we would consider a national search for Steve," Williams told reporters Monday afternoon. "So, we are not going to leave any stone unturned."

SNIP

The suspect's mother said that when she last saw Stephens on Saturday, he said it would be a miracle if she ever saw him again.

They spoke the next day, she said, and he told her he was shooting people because he was angry with his girlfriend.

Appearing alongside a US marshal and an FBI agent, Williams said investigators have searched dozens of locations, "to no avail," and that one of his detectives had spoken to Stephens via cellphone after the killing. He did not elaborate on the call, other than to say the detective attempted to persuade Stephens to surrender.

"We're still asking Steve to turn himself in, but if he doesn't, we'll find him," the chief said. "We're not going to stop until we find him."

He warned any of Stephens' friends or family members who might assist him while he's on the lam: "If you think you're helping Steve, you're really not. You're going to get yourself in trouble."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mayor Jackson: Reward of up to $50,000 from ATF, FBI, Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest of Steve Stephens.

3 hours ago · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Mayor Jackson: Reward of up to $50,000 from ATF, FBI, Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest of Steve Stephens.

3 hours ago · [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good! Maybe that will help!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From the PC this morning.

Cleveland police chief: we've received tips from as far away as Texas in search for Facebook shooting suspect; no confirmed sightings

#SteveStephens - Officials: We are going to follow up on every single lead.

The public is our greatest force multiplier, if you see this man call 911. A $50,000 reward has been announced by Cleveland officials.

"These things can take 2 days; they can take 2 weeks; they can take 2 years," says @CLEpolice chief on search

.@CLEpolice “That vehicle is not equipped with [GPS or locating] systems” “We have received more than 400 tips"

Police: To date confident there are no additional victims

Authorities: Stephens may be receiving help from someone. Not sure he is still alive.

Authorities: Border patrol has been notified of Stephens, but still possible he has left the country
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it could be the gps on his phone?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the thing is, though - we don't have a sheriff...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he's dead:

PA State Police‏
    Verified account
    *@PAStatePolice 4m
    4 minutes ago

More
    Steve Stephens was spotted this morning by PSP members in Erie County. After a brief pursuit, Stephens shot and killed himself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    the thing is, though - we don't have a sheriff...
    Thanks it was a facebook post. wondered about it even when I posted it. Sorry for the misinformation. I have deleted my post as I think it is spam/false news...............

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he's dead:

PA State Police‏
    Verified account
    *@PAStatePolice 4m
    4 minutes ago

More
    Steve Stephens was spotted this morning by PSP members in Erie County. After a brief pursuit, Stephens shot and killed himself.
    Good!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Published April 18, 2017

Steve Stephens, the so-called "Facebook killer" who sparked a multi-state manhunt after he brazenly gunned down a Cleveland man at random, killed himself Tuesday morning in Erie County as cops closed in, Pennsylvania State Police said on Facebook.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank God it's over.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank God it's over.
    No kidding! That was a little close for comfort.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I knew he would kill himself, now everyone can feel at ease again.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    #SteveStephens - After short pursuit, Stephens stopped car here, shot and killed himself.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aaron Katersky‏Verified account @AaronKatersky 4m4 minutes ago

.@PAStatePolice tried to disable Steve Stephens' car after a two mile pursuit in Erie. Car spun out of control before Stephens' suicide

PA State Police say that while pursuing FB Killer Steven Stephens they attempted a PIT maneuver. As Stephens was spinning he shot himself.

Police say the break in the case came when they received a tip that Stephens' car was in a McDonald's parking lot.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow, I wonder if he really meant to shoot himself, or if it was an accidental discharge while the car was spinning?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thank God it's over.
    I can't get poor, sweet Mr. Godwin out of my head. And his poor family.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Matt Wright Fox 8‏Verified account @mattwrighttv 12m12 minutes ago

This is the McDonald's near the end of Steve Stephens pursuit. Police received tip he was in McDonald's parking lot, where chase began.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bradd Jaffy‏Verified account @BraddJaffy

They tried to stall him by holding his fries! Brilliant. Give these people a raise and a round of applause. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Robert Godwin's family in court battle over his estate

June 23, 2017

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

The mother of Robert Godwin’s youngest children tell Cleveland 19 an ongoing court battle with Godwin’s older children has made the grieving process harder. Godwin was randomly shot and killed, and the video of the murder was uploaded to Facebook by Steve Stephens, on Easter Sunday.

Godwin left behind ten children, and assets of about $500, probate court documents state. The court battle currently will decide who administers Godwin’s estate, which includes the listed assets, and also “a potential civil claim.” Cleveland 19 has learned there may be potential future litigation against Facebook, and/or the estate of Steve Stephens.

Eight of Godwin’s children have agreed to allow Robert Godwin’s daughter Debbie Godwin to administer the estate. The mother of his two youngest children, Angela Small, is objecting to her appointment. Debbie Godwin reached out to Cleveland 19 and said that their side of the family had no desire to speak with the press about the ongoing court issue, and did not want to litigate the issue in the media.

Small said the battle is about more than just money, it’s about her sons’ rights.

She explained that her sons by Godwin, 8-year-old Marsean and 11-year-old Terrell, have had a difficult time emotionally since their father was murdered.

“When my kids tell me they what to be with their father they don't want to live any more they want to be with their father and that hurts me so bad because I can't do nothing I can't fix them,” said Small.

She said the boys have had nightmares, and she’s had to sleep with them since his murder.

“My oldest, Terrell, he feel like he don't even want to be here no more because his father’s not here, cause they were so close like they're hurting bad and I'm trying to take the role on as mother and father,” said Small.

She said the battle over Godwin’s estate is making the grieving process harder for her and her children.

“[Robert Godwin] was my best friend my everything,” said Small. “It's so much stuff that my kids are going through emotionally and I'm being strong for them because call they have is me.”

more at link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12