Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Vegetables you can grow from scraps.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,659
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice! We do some of that (like with potatoes) unless we're trying a new/different kind and need to buy it.

    It works for houseplants, why not do the same for the garden?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the onion. if you cut off the root end it will grow new roots? and produce more onion bulbs? i haven't tried this before.

    the link only gave me the onion. the new tabs were for houses. lol

  4. #4
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    the onion. if you cut off the root end it will grow new roots? and produce more onion bulbs? i haven't tried this before.

    the link only gave me the onion. the new tabs were for houses. lol
    It seems that way Laura,you can replant spring onion too.

    See if this link works better.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #5
    Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,659
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can do the same thing with garlic as with the spring onions. I tried it with garlic in a container....it didn't grow as well as directly in the ground but I did get a small yield.

  6. #6
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im going to try to grow a pineapple......just because.
    I felt really stupid when I saw a pineapple plantation when I was living up in Queensland,I thought they grew on trees.

  7. #7
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I thought peanuts did too.

  8. #8
    Senior Member puzzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Im going to try to grow a pineapple......just because.
    I felt really stupid when I saw a pineapple plantation when I was living up in Queensland,I thought they grew on trees.
    Don't feel stupid....I thought they grew on trees myself.

  9. #9
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol,I was surprised when I saw them growing on the ground.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Lol,I was surprised when I saw them growing on the ground.
    i cut one down in hawaii. i bet you would have some fun growing a pineapple plant! i don't think i have the climate to grow one. i want an artichoke plant or two but i don't have the room where i'm at. we had several at my last house and they were awesome.

  11. #11
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sweet potatoes make nice hanging pot plants.

  12. #12
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i cut one down in hawaii. i bet you would have some fun growing a pineapple plant! i don't think i have the climate to grow one. i want an artichoke plant or two but i don't have the room where i'm at. we had several at my last house and they were awesome.
    My climate is too cold for pineapples too but I have a glassed in area so I thought I would try one there.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    My climate is too cold for pineapples too but I have a glassed in area so I thought I would try one there.
    the more i get to know you the more i love you.

  14. #14
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    the more i get to know you the more i love you.
    Awww,thank you Laura.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Awww,thank you Laura.

    did you take a look at SusiePMcD's photo albums in her profile? she's got some hanging wine bottles that i thought you might like.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  16. #16
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    did you take a look at SusiePMcD's photo albums in her profile? she's got some hanging wine bottles that i thought you might like.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow,thank you....I dont know how I missed seeing those pictures,Im in awe.

  17. #17
    Admin dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,154
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just saw on FB that you can plant lemon seeds too,that I will try for sure.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •