Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    My Best Clam Chowder

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Not: I thought it weird to put red wine vinegar in this soup, but I did it and the chowder was amazing.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Not: I thought it weird to put red wine vinegar in this soup, but I did it and the chowder was amazing.
    one of my favorite soups. thank you very much!
    my posts are my opinion only

  3. #3
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Not: I thought it weird to put red wine vinegar in this soup, but I did it and the chowder was amazing.
    Hi Jani & Sara -have you ever made chowder with live clams?
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    Hi Jani & Sara -have you ever made chowder with live clams?
    No, how do you do that? I don't think I want clams swimming in my soup. LOL

  5. #5
    Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    America the Beautiful.
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    No, how do you do that? I don't think I want clams swimming in my soup. LOL
    LOL - you cook the clams first, then chop em up!

    The one time I tried using live clams I had the fish guy reassure me that they were clean (no sand inside) so I
    wouldn't have to purge them. WRRRRRONG! And ruined Thai-style clam soup. This recipe called for leaving the
    clams shell and all in the soup.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    LOL - you cook the clams first, then chop em up!

    The one time I tried using live clams I had the fish guy reassure me that they were clean (no sand inside) so I
    wouldn't have to purge them. WRRRRRONG! And ruined Thai-style clam soup. This recipe called for leaving the
    clams shell and all in the soup.
    Hmm, sound like a lot of work, but if I find fresh live clams sometime, I may actually try it. Have you done it successfully? I would imagine fresh clams would add more/better flavor.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    by water
    Posts
    529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    LOL - you cook the clams first, then chop em up!

    The one time I tried using live clams I had the fish guy reassure me that they were clean (no sand inside) so I
    wouldn't have to purge them. WRRRRRONG! And ruined Thai-style clam soup. This recipe called for leaving the
    clams shell and all in the soup.
    I would not be able to do that to anything live MissWasabi. the only thing I can kill is mosquitoes LOL
    my posts are my opinion only

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •