Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Found Deceased: Semaj Crosby, 1 year old female, Joliet Township, IL

Police search for missing baby girl in Will County

April 26, 2017

WILL COUNTY, Ill. -- A land and air search is underway this morning for a missing child.

1-year-old Semaj Crosby was last seen yesterday afternoon on Luana Road and Richards Street in Joliet Township.

Police say she was playing with a group of kids while a relative was repairing a car. When a relative went to check on Crosby, she was gone.

Crosby was wearing dark blue jeans, a grey long-sleeve shirt with a cat face on it and white beads in her hair. She was not wearing shoes.

Search crews have been out all night and now into the morning trying to find her. Right now, police don't suspect foul play.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just saw this on my local news, Semaj is 16 months old. They said she was just learning to walk. How far could a baby go? My hinky meter went right off, I hope I am wrong. Saying prayers that Semaj is found safe and soon.
    “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” ~ Anatole France

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sandra Torres CBS 2‏ @SandraTorresL 33s33 seconds ago

NOW: Will County Sheriff's deputies conduct search with bloodhounds in area where 16-month-old Semaj Crosby was last seen. @cbschicago

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

courtesy of twitter

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sandra Torres CBS 2‏ @SandraTorresL

Will Co. Sheriff Dep Chief: they blocked off 7-10 block perimeter of last known location. He believes girl may still be in area @cbschicago

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Police search for missing baby girl in Will County

April 26, 2017

WILL COUNTY, Ill. -- A land and air search is underway this morning for a missing child.

1-year-old Semaj Crosby was last seen yesterday afternoon on Luana Road and Richards Street in Joliet Township.

Police say she was playing with a group of kids while a relative was repairing a car. When a relative went to check on Crosby, she was gone.

Crosby was wearing dark blue jeans, a grey long-sleeve shirt with a cat face on it and white beads in her hair. She was not wearing shoes.

Search crews have been out all night and now into the morning trying to find her. Right now, police don't suspect foul play.

Beautiful little girl, praying they find her soon! Curious how old the other children she was with are and if they were able to give authorities any information.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will County Sheriff's Office
    7 mins ·

8:30am - UPDATE OF MISSING ONE YEAR OLD, Semaj ML Crosby:
    Sheriff's deputies remain on the scene in the area of Luana and Richards Street, Preston Heights neighborhood, Joliet Township, in the search of a missing 1 year old girl, Semaj ML Crosby. Multiple teams of bloodhounds, detectives and patrolmen have been searching through the night with no success so far. A Cook County helicopter with infrared/heat capabilities was on scene last night and has now suspended their search.
    A reverse 911 call was sent out last night to all residents within a 5 mile radius. Anyone with any information is asked to call 911.
    We are asking residents to avoid this area unless you live in the neighborhood to allow first responders to continue their search. -end-

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SNIP

Investigators have been questioning the family, which they said is standard procedure. However, police said there have been conflicting reports from relatives about whether it had been 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before Semaj was reported missing.

Uh oh, 30 minutes to 2 hours, that sure is big time difference!

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sounds like no one was watching her.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Courtney Gousman‏Verified account @cgousman 15m15 minutes ago

Will County's Crime Scene Unit just arrived to the site where 16mo old Semaj Crosby went missing in Joliet Township.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    SNIP

Investigators have been questioning the family, which they said is standard procedure. However, police said there have been conflicting reports from relatives about whether it had been 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before Semaj was reported missing.

Uh oh, 30 minutes to 2 hours, that sure is big time difference!

I read in one article that the family searched for Semaj for 2 hours before they called LE.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykittysmama [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I read in one article that the family searched for Semaj for 2 hours before they called LE.
    IMO, no one knows when this baby wandered off. TBH, I'm not so sure she did...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lauren Petty‏Verified account @LaurenPettyNBC 2m2 minutes ago

Prayer circle with the family of Semaj Crosby and volunteers here to search for the 16 month old girl, missing for 18 hours

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Courtney Gousman‏Verified account @cgousman 2m2 minutes ago

Breaking: Dive teams preparing to check two nearby ponds in Joliet Township for 16 month old Semaj Crosby. Family says she went missing Tues

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Semaj's mother was just on the news, she said Semaj doesn't walk every well yet, she is still wobbly. I just can't see how this baby wandered off as she can barely walk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope they are checking cars.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Semaj's mother was just on the news, she said Semaj doesn't walk every well yet, she is still wobbly. I just can't see how this baby wandered off as she can barely walk.
    What was mom's demeanor like?? Frantic? Crying? .......what vibes did you get watching her???

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tj~ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What was mom's demeanor like?? Frantic? Crying? .......what vibes did you get watching her???
    She was crying, she looked distraught. But we all know from experience how some are good actors.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    She was crying, she looked distraught. But we all know from experience how some are good actors.
    K thanks! And yes we've seen acting way too many times to count!!

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing Baby: Sheriff’s Department Using Dogs, Helicopters, Asking For Public's Help

The shoeless 1-year-old was last seen near the corner of Luana Road and Richards Street in Joliet Township.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Either someone snatched her or there's some covering up going on.
    Since nothing has been said about a stranger being around or someone they know was there and then they weren't, I'm leaning toward a cover up of something bad happening to her.
    I just can not believe a wobbly 16 month old baby wandering off on her own so far they haven't found her.

ETA~ And barefoot!

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So not feeling optimistic .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am having trouble copying and pasting from my phone but this article is informative.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just realized that her first name is James spelled backwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongal [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Either someone snatched her or there's some covering up going on.
    Since nothing has been said about a stranger being around or someone they know was there and then they weren't, I'm leaning toward a cover up of something bad happening to her.
    I just can not believe a wobbly 16 month old baby wandering off on her own so far they haven't found her.

ETA~ And barefoot!
    I agree with you. If she was barefoot, she would end up sitting and crying because her feet would hurt. Lots of little pebbles and other stuff that would have hurt her feet.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    found Mom's FB but not much on it except lots of pics of numerous kids.

She looks like a nice lady. I don't see any red flags.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe she really disappeared and if she did I believe someone saw her and took her. I hope they have searched all SO in the area, hated typing that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder where her father is?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I wonder where her father is?
    I read in one article that her parents reported her missing and it daid the dad's name.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    DCFS Investigating Mother Of Missing Baby In Will County

April 26, 2017 1:47 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) — As police continue to search for a missing 16-month-old girl near Joliet, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said it is investigating her mother for an allegation of neglect.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Her family said they were working on a car outside their home near Luana Road and Richards Street in unincorporated Joliet Township, and Semaj was playing with other children in the back yard, but wandered off.

So far, a search for Semaj has come up empty.

Meantime, DCFS said it is investigating Semaj’s mother for neglect, and had visited the home about three hours before the toddler vanished.

"We have had prior contact with this family including four unfounded investigations for neglect and two prior pending investigation for neglect opened in March 2017. DCFS had been at the home on April 25 at approximately 3:20 p.m. and had seen all three of the mother’s children including Semaj. There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at that time. DCFS has been working with the family, offering services since September 2016," DCFS spokeswoman Veronica Resa said in an email.

Ugh, I have a feeling I might end up putting mom's trial on the calendar, sure hope I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast