Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Australian woman caught in Columbia with cocaine.

Colombia drug arrest: The tip-off that led authorities to Cassandra Sainsbury
    Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The US Drug Enforcement Agency reportedly alerted Colombian authorities to their suspicions about Australian woman Cassandra Sainsbury, as authorities reveal her plane ticket was purchased in Hong Kong.
    Ms Sainsbury, 22, was arrested at El Dorado International Airport in Bogota on April 12 after a tip-off about the 5.8kg of cocaine allegedly hidden inside 18 headphone boxes in her suitcase.
    "We found her because of an alert from the DEA," Bogota airport's narcotics chief, Commander Rodrigo Soler, told The Australian.

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    She thought the packages were headphones Pfffttttt.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protectkidz View Post
    stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Who buys headphones as wedding gifts and why would you buy them in Columbia,they do make them here,pretty stupid story she came up with.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And we have a gofundme page set up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Country Fire Service in South Australia says a young Adelaide woman arrested on drugs charges in Colombia has not been an active volunteer for almost three years.

Cassandra Sainsbury, 22, faces 25 years in one of Colombia’s most squalid prisons after being arrested at El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá on Good Friday when 5.8kg of cocaine was found in her suitcase.
    UPDATE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ms Sainsbury has protested her innocence, saying the drugs — found packed in boxes of headphones she claimed she had purchased from a male friend — were planted by criminals.
    Family members have set up a fundraising website to pay for an Australian lawyer for Ms Sainsbury.
    However, members of the public have used the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to leave comments voicing their own doubts about Ms Sainsbury’s innocence.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]One of Cassandra Sainsbury’s modelling portfolio pictures. Photo: StarNow
    In addition, the Country Fire Service in South Australia asked for references to Ms Sainsbury’s volunteering to be removed from the page.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If she pleads guilty the minimum is six years," Evans said.
    "If Cassie gives information about the person that gave her the package it may come down to four."
    Evans reportedly told Channel Nine's Today Show she could not believe [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    "Cassie is just, 'I didn't do it mum, you have got to get me out' and crying hysterically," Evans said.
    Sainsbury has been denied bail and is currently in the notorious El Buen Pastor women's prison, where she is sharing a cell with up to 250 women in squalid conditions. She is due to face trial in two months' time, her family says.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    She thought the packages were headphones Pfffttttt.
    Did she actually have the headphones?

I saw a pic of a box with headphones in it in the Daily Mail story.
    How could 15 of those boxes fit in one suitcase?
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWasabi View Post
    Did she actually have the headphones?

I saw a pic of a box with headphones in it in the Daily Mail story.
    How could 15 of those boxes fit in one suitcase?
    They were in her luggage according to the news reports.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    THE cocaine allegedly found in Cassandra Sainsbury’s luggage minutes before she prepared to board a flight home from Colombia would have fetched almost $2 million on the streets of Australia.

Ms Sainsbury, 22, is currently awaiting trial in the notorious El Buen Pastor women’s jail in the Colombian capital Bogota after she was allegedly caught with almost 6kg of cocaine inside her suitcase.
    The young woman from Moana in South Australia was arrested at El Dorado International Airport on April 11 after an X-ray allegedly revealed something suspicious in her suitcase.
    A search allegedly uncovered 5.8kg of cocaine concealed inside 15 sets of headphones Ms Sainsbury apparently bought as gifts for friends.

Senior Member Asteroids Champion, Crazy Shuttle Champion, Barb Jump Champion, Arkanoid Champion MissWasabi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think she was a mule looking for easy money.

Her story is too fishy to be believed.
    Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “She’s supposed to be getting married next year and (the cocaine) was all concealed in the packaging of headphones she bought.”
    The Advertiser understands the 5.8kg of cocaine was divided across more than 15 pairs of headphones that Ms Sainsbury was given the morning of her flight home.
    “She was with somebody she had met that could speak English and she was sightseeing, he was showing her around,” Khala said.
    “She came across some headphones that she was going to buy and pass out to everybody and he told her he knew a guy that could get them cheaper.
    “She did that and got them handed to her Wednesday morning before she left, she just put them straight into her suitcase.
    “There are just no words. Cassie is an honest girl, she wouldn’t do something like this in a million years.
    “It’s like you’re watching a horror movie and you’re not waking up.”
    A Colombian lawyer has advised the family to consider a guilty plea to avoid a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison, but communications have been difficult because of language barriers.
    “He’s (the lawyer) hoping to downgrade the charges to the minimum if she pleads guilty but she is seeking advice from a different lawyer and the possibilities could be different,” Khala said.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think so too,the family cant even get the story straight.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shapelle Corby all over again Gah!!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree , her and family should thank God she didn't pull this in Malaysia, smuggling cocaine carries the mandatory death penalty upon conviction.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post

I agree , her and family should thank God she didn't pull this in Malaysia, smuggling cocaine carries the mandatory death penalty upon conviction.
    Yep,she would have known that.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The lawyers have told the family to shut up,they are making things worse for her,they also told them to shut down the gofundme page.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think everyone thinks she is guilty except family. why would she not look at them first? If you bought headphones wouldn't you want to see them? Poor girl. 8 years of hell coming up. Dingo Australia does more cocaine than any other country? no wonder you Aussies are so friendly and nice!
    my posts are my opinion only

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraSidle View Post
    I think everyone thinks she is guilty except family. why would she not look at them first? If you bought headphones wouldn't you want to see them? Poor girl. 8 years of hell coming up. Dingo Australia does more cocaine than any other country? no wonder you Aussies are so friendly and nice!
    That made me laugh.
    Even if the packages did only contain headphones they still looked suspicious,an innocent person would probably have packed them differently,as in taken them out of the black plastic wrap,the weight of them should have been a red flag to her too.
    Her brightest outlook right now is that she may make it into the jails yearly beauty pagent.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WTF was she doing in Colombia in the first place?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephie48 View Post
    WTF was she doing in Colombia in the first place?
    Her story was she was working,I guess you could call being a drug mule an occupation.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The US Drug Enforcement Agency tipped off Colombian authorities to their suspicions about an Australian woman potentially smuggling drugs out of the country before Cassandra Sainsbury was arrested at Bogota international airport, according to reports.
    The last-minute purchase of a plane ticket in Hong Kong for the Adelaide woman to travel to Colombia via London was a red flag that raised the suspicions of US drug authorities, who alerted their Colombian counterparts, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

The plane ticket was purchased by an unknown party for Ms Sainsbury to travel to the South American country alone, and for a relatively short period.
    Police arrested Ms Sainsbury, 22, inside El Dorado International Airport, in Colombia's capital Bogota, on April 11 as she prepared to board a flight to London.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems as though the drugs were destined for London and not Australia.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Her story was she was working,I guess you could call being a drug mule an occupation.
    What a fucking dunce. I don't think she will fare well in a Colombian prison.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephie48 View Post
    What a fucking dunce. I don't think she will fare well in a Colombian prison.
    Apparently they have a foreign section and she will be placed in there,not that its probably much better anyway.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    CASSANDRA Sainsbury was reportedly at the end of an international trip that included five countries in six months when she was arrested in Colombia.

The Daily Mail reports that 22-year-old Sainsbury, from Adelaide, had been to Vanuatu, China, Canada and the US in the months before being arrested with 5.8 kilograms of cocaine in her bag as she prepared to fly home to Australia via London.

Ms Sainsbury’s family say she was on a working holiday to promote her personal training business but her fiance Scott Broadbridge says she hadn’t been a personal trainer for months and that she most recently worked for a cleaning company.
    “Although Cassie is a PT, she is not currently personal training and hasn’t been for 6 months. I don’t know why that was mentioned at all,” Mr Broadbridge wrote online.

On April 3 she posted a photo to Instagram saying “going from China’s lovely 27 degree weather to LA’s 7 degree weather is killing me”.
    Then on April 8, she posted a photograph indicating that her “work trip” wasn’t involving much work at all.
    “Can’t complain about an all expenses paid work trip which is mainly holiday and very little work,” she wrote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sounds as though she has the intelligence of a mule. Then again, I think mules are smarter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That made me laugh.
    Even if the packages did only contain headphones they still looked suspicious,an innocent person would probably have packed them differently,as in taken them out of the black plastic wrap,the weight of them should have been a red flag to her too.
    Her brightest outlook right now is that she may make it into the jails yearly beauty pagent.
    A yearly beauty pageant? Seriously?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SNIP

They found 18 black packages of cocaine, worth a street value of $2 million in Australia.

Cassandra Sainsbury, and the Adelaide woman pictured with the 18 bags of cocaine found in her bag.
    Picture: APSource:AP

Good grief, can't believe her and her family would even suggest these packages contained head phones!
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies... By Andy Dufresne/Shawshank Redemption

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast