Upcoming Events for the Next 7 Day(s)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

US man overboard off Sydney-bound cruise ship.

An American man is believed to have fallen overboard from a cruise ship which arrived in Sydney this week.
    A steward aboard the Golden Princess liner raised concerns about the 61-year-old's whereabouts on Wednesday after he joined the South Pacific cruise in Noumea.
    NSW Police and the Australian Maritime Safety Authority were alerted after a thorough search failed to find the missing passenger, a Princess Cruises spokesman told AAP on Friday.

"Having ruled out other possibilities, this is being treated as a man overboard incident," he said in a statement.
    "Our thoughts and prayers are with the guest's family in America with whom we have communicated directly since he was reported missing."

Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's probably long 'gone' by now .

I wish there was some way to find out the circumstances, though. Suicide? Accident? Why? How?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has been missing for 4 days now,I dont know if one can just accidently fall overboard,the railings seem fairly high.

Admin
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He has been missing for 4 days now,I dont know if one can just accidently fall overboard,the railings seem fairly high.
    Right, ITA. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for all involved to not really know why/how/what actually happened.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting he gets on the cruise ship later at Noumea and then disappears before Sydney.
    my posts are my opinion only